Roast Angry ******* player review vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Think critcism of Grundy is a touch harsh imo.
Hi guys, would happily take Grundy any day of the week. I thought that he stepped up in the second half and started exerting his influence. I was worried that he and Treloar could turn it on their own. cheers

Very harsh on Crisp and Treloar who were our two best players

Not sure on the DeGoey hate thought he was also good

Crisp - 8/10
Shaz - 7/10
Treloar - 7/10
Howe - 7/10
DeGoey - 7/10
Grundy - 6.5/10

Who gives a s**t about the rest

Still to be convinced Cox is a lock for our best 22 moving forward.

If he isn't marking them then he offers little else as a forward and struggles to kick for goal outside 40m.

Same Here. Yes he can take a Good Mark a Few Times a Game but not much else and easy to get around with Little Forward Pressure.

Okay to Ruck IF Grundy goes down but I still think we are Better to Have Moore or McLarty in that Postion

Very harsh on Crisp and Treloar who were our two best players

Not sure on the DeGoey hate thought he was also good

Crisp - 8/10
Shaz - 7/10
Treloar - 7/10
Howe - 7/10
DeGoey - 7/10
Grundy - 6.5/10

Who gives a s**t about the rest

How can your Best Player be a Turnover Machine?

Moore isn't an amazing player at the moment, but I feel like his injury really hurt us yesterday. He might not get loads of the ball but he is at least another marking target that the Geelong defenders had to worry about it - once he went off they were able to focus all their attention on nullifying Cox, which they did pretty well (although as per usual he should've received 4 or 5 free kicks).

Yeah, we were just s**t and reality is our list is far from a top 4 or even a top 8 at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are all the capital letters? Where are all the campaigners? Why hasn't someone posted a video of someone else burning a Pies jumper post game, or an effigy of Bucks or Mayne?

This is a massive letdown for an angry ******* review.

Geelong wasn't too impressive yesterday. Collingwood was obviously undermanned. You guys should do everything to get Tom Lynch. Use Moore, who's soft like Hawkins, as part of the deal. Then you wouldn't have to rely on blokes like WHE to kick your goals. I think some of you are a bit harsh on him. Watching yesterday, he competed well and when he got the ball, never seemed to stuff up. Stewart beat him a few times, but he's a bloody good defender. WHE's disposal would be up with the best at the club, and for a guy with such a slight frame, I like how he flies for his marks. I think he needs to float around on the wing and when up the ground crumb at the foot of a proper forward like Tom Lynch. I think WHE will then become a higher-possession player.

Still to be convinced Cox is a lock for our best 22 moving forward.

If he isn't marking them then he offers little else as a forward and struggles to kick for goal outside 40m.
Cox should be starting deep forward every game. If he clunks a few early then the attention goes to him in a big way.
This is when your other forwards can get off the chain.
You want an opposition focus to be on one area of your forward 50, if it feels it can control all of it that's when it's going to Be a long day.

Again people digging into Appleby. Why?

Do you guys just say he sucks because he's not a superstar or something? At this very moment, he's arguably our best or 2nd best actual defender. As in a defender who can beat his man in a 1 on 1 contest.

Again people digging into Appleby. Why?

Do you guys just say he sucks because he's not a superstar or something? At this very moment, he's arguably our best or 2nd best actual defender. As in a defender who can beat his man in a 1 on 1 contest.
He is going OK for some one a few games in and off the Rookie list.

I don't get why we even recruited Crocker, isn't a strong contested mark and is a liability when the ball hits the deck, he just has no moves, ordinary footballer.

I thought about it yesterday and I came to realise he is the typical type of player ONLY Collingwood recruits.

Like, literally no other club would ever have recruited Crocker. He went at like pick 60 or something? No one else would have picked him, which is exactly why we picked him I feel.

He has not a single discernible weapon at his disposal that would warrant drafting let alone selection in the seniors and yet somehow he continues to get games in our side. For all the improvement we seem to have shown this year, our selection is still deplorable.

I thought about it yesterday and I came to realise he is the typical type of player ONLY Collingwood recruits.

Like, literally no other club would ever have recruited Crocker. He went at like pick 60 or something? No one else would have picked him, which is exactly why we picked him I feel.

He has not a single discernible weapon at his disposal that would warrant drafting let alone selection in the seniors and yet somehow he continues to get games in our side. For all the improvement we seem to have shown this year, our selection is still deplorable.

He's like the Ryan Cook of mid-sized forwards.

Yep, a player like him needs something to lay their hat on, be it slipperyness-Speed-marking ability, he's got none of those traits, VFL player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back