Roast Angry ******* player review vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought about it yesterday and I came to realise he is the typical type of player ONLY Collingwood recruits.

Like, literally no other club would ever have recruited Crocker. He went at like pick 60 or something? No one else would have picked him, which is exactly why we picked him I feel.

He has not a single discernible weapon at his disposal that would warrant drafting let alone selection in the seniors and yet somehow he continues to get games in our side. For all the improvement we seem to have shown this year, our selection is still deplorable.
These are the comparative stats between Crocker and Tom Stewart (who got votes against us on the weekend)
Ben Crocker 188cm - 83kg - 21yo
Tom Stewart 190cm - 88kg -25yo
So Stewart is 5 years older and 5kg heavier, so don't you think Tom Stewart is going to have more of an impact on the game than Ben Crocker at this stage of their careers? With Stewart he's basically at his peak. Crocker won't reach his for another 4-5 years but already people want to write Ben Crocker off. How about we give some time for Crocker to grow into his body and keep learning the game?

I rate Brown, but to me he should play midfield or not at all. He's not a forward.

Son of a favorite son and all that....but I'm not impressed at all with Brown. Looks tiny and out of place, like a u/16 playing a game in the seniors.

These are the comparative stats between Crocker and Tom Stewart (who got votes against us on the weekend)
Ben Crocker 188cm - 83kg - 21yo
Tom Stewart 190cm - 88kg -25yo
So Stewart is 5 years older and 5kg heavier, so don't you think Tom Stewart is going to have more of an impact on the game than Ben Crocker at this stage of their careers? With Stewart he's basically at his peak. Crocker won't reach his for another 4-5 years but already people want to write Ben Crocker off. How about we give some time for Crocker to grow into his body and keep learning the game?

So you're choosing to pick only the Geelong game?

He does basically jack all in almost every game he plays. Even our wins.

Son of a favorite son and all that....but I'm not impressed at all with Brown. Looks tiny and out of place, like a u/16 playing a game in the seniors.
Gee another one. 19yo who is 5'10" and 75kg up against mature Geelong bodies twice his weight and 6-7 years older. Let's write him off as well!

Anyways, for those of you who actually like me work, I'm gonna be at the game against the Saints so therefore, I might be able to provide some insight and analysis from a different perspective for me write up next week. Hopefully its not another angry edition :)

Too much hate for little Rowdy, believe there is plenty of development in the kid.

Agreed.

Found it interesting listening to him on the radio last week. They asked why he was rested and he said 'I don't know'. He then comes out and looks really flat the following week, why rest a kid who is feeling fine? It obviously messed with his mindset a fair bit.

Again people digging into Appleby. Why?

Do you guys just say he sucks because he's not a superstar or something? At this very moment, he's arguably our best or 2nd best actual defender. As in a defender who can beat his man in a 1 on 1 contest.

Once Langdon and Maynard are fit, he'll be back in the magoos. Shows promise though.

Agreed.

Found it interesting listening to him on the radio last week. They asked why he was rested and he said 'I don't know'. He then comes out and looks really flat the following week, why rest a kid who is feeling fine? It obviously messed with his mindset a fair bit.
If they rest someone they need to speak to him so he understands why, feedback is important.

Agreed.

Must been the Whole Team Then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back