Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he going to have the size for a KPF at AFL level? Or going to have to develop up the ground? I know very little of him.

Jack gunston with a touch less agility and nowhere near the surety in front of the big sticks. Can definitely make it at the next level and would work best in a forward line where he plays as a medium marking forward / third tall and working in tandem further up the ground with Darling. One thing jake has in spades is determination and it's something i think will carry him a long way.

For the recruiters the questions are is he tall enough? is he athletic enough? are his footskills of a high enough standard? He however won't leave a stone unturned when it comes to making it.

Jack Gunston is the best comparison in the AFL. Does he have versatility? yes but mostly on the outside.

Jack gunston with a touch less agility and nowhere near the surety in front of the big sticks. Can definitely make it at the next level and would work best in a forward line where he plays as a medium marking forward / third tall and working in tandem further up the ground with Darling. One thing jake has in spades is determination and it's something i think will carry him a long way.

For the recruiters the questions are is he tall enough? is he athletic enough? are his footskills of a high enough standard? He however won't leave a stone unturned when it comes to making it.

Thanks. :thumbsu:

i
Jack Gunston is the best comparison in the AFL. Does he have versatility? yes but mostly on the outside.
I saw him compared to darling. His body is also similair to darling. hopfully he has a bit of growth spurt which enables him to be more of a KPF.

What happened to Alec could even drive him even further.

Any news on Alec?

Jack Gunston of old was more reliable in front of goals. Not so much these past two years. Ironically Watermans kicking problems in front of goals only developed over the last two years from what i've been told.

In terms of agility Waterman is near identical, they're both too leggy and prone to losing their footing or not getting down quick enough to ground level balls on their own two feet. Waterman is the stronger pack player and his defensive/ negative side of his game much stronger. Biggest draw back in a direct comparison is straight line speed, Gunston is quicker.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was recovering well at the start of 2016 but the virus returned in a more severe case , so in essence the family are just looking at his general health rather then any return to football in the near future .

Getting reoccurring Glandular Fever is highly improbable. The more likely scenario is that he needed a good 9-12 months to recover and intense physical exercise would expose him to chronic fatigue and getting secondary influenza.

Jeremy Goddard and Luke Strnadica not invited.

Waterman stocks rising they saying after an invite to the combine and an impressive display in Claremont reserves and named best afield.

WCE may need the second rounder after all.

Hopefully it's more like a 3rd rounder and a 4th rounder adding up to the same points.

Waterman stocks rising they saying after an invite to the combine and an impressive display in Claremont reserves and named best afield.

God dammit Claremont, why would you do this to us...! Send him back to the colts already!!! :mad:

Might have been royal eagle who said it but someone posted on the dtfa board saying that the eagles will overlook him if someone bids on him.

Goddard and/or strnadica could be good later or rookie picks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Goddard and/or strnadica could be good later or rookie picks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Yeah I just mentioned them for rookie spots in the Draft thread. Reckon they'll be good long term projects going forward. Sometimes the big lanky guys just need more time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back