Anyone Have News on Scott Selwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

the media treat Geelong injuries as unimportant and always put them at the end of articles on different topics.

Yup.. the media that fall over themselves to be the first to report anything either by traditional or social media avenues will do so for 17 clubs but when it comes to GFC injuries they get treated differently and buried as a byline... :rolleyes:

not too generalised there at all.

Go Catters

Yup.. the media that fall over themselves to be the first to report anything either by traditional or social media avenues will do so for 17 clubs but when it comes to GFC injuries they get treated differently and buried as a byline... :rolleyes:

not too generalised there at all.

Go Catters
Who said other clubs get treated differently?

Looks like a lot of good news in that article.

Even Gregson being considered an LTI isn't bad news, it means we may have a rookie in mind to elevate.
Also, they've reported he won't be ready to go until mid year at best, so no surprise.

Parsons?

Cant be Zuthrie yet... not saying he wont get there but not yet...

Go Catters

Parsons is hurt unfortunately.
I thought he was a genuine round 1 chance if not.
I know he's hurt :(

I liked his VFL year last year and whilst I didnt have him for Rd 1 slot - I did think he get the bump up at some point in 17.

Still have hopes for that happening.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he's hurt :(

I liked his VFL year last year and whilst I didnt have him for Rd 1 slot - I did think he get the bump up at some point in 17.

Still have hopes for that happening.

GO Catters

I do also.
I managed to actually see a few VFL games this year, and he was really impressive (I missed the ones he dominated though). Just seems to have a skill set that will translate well at the next level.

Last edited:
I know Zuthrie superficially looks like an under 15, but I'd be interested to know what the physical indicators they actually use are and where he measures on them. He definitely seemed to thrive in the contest and be hard enough against the Hawks, and guys like Heeney have looked underdone in the past.

Zuthrie looks to have the skills but obviously not the physique yet. Do we put him in anyway?

Or my boy Henry?
I just cant see Zuthrie's size at this stage surviving - ala Motlop when Hawkins did his shoulder. I think the down side would be worse than waiting IMO.

Soon but not yet.

Henry could get a look - but I feel his endurance is nowhere close yet and at AFL level you have to run the game out.

Parson has the tank up from last year and the form.. perhaps just keep the powder dry for now.

GO Catters

Parsons?

Cant be Zuthrie yet... not saying he wont get there but not yet...

Go Catters

1 short on the senior list as it is so don't need to free up a spot to promote a rookie.

Gregson to LTI would just be some sort of administrative thing. Injury payments and the salary cap or medical insurance or something.

I thought we already knew about Gregson. Or did I just assume he was going to be out for a long time?

You mean Gregson is injured!!!!!!!!!

Its Jones.......Jones I tell you......

He'll be selected this week and Gore them into submission.....:cool:.....

A superstar in the making from the 45 seconds I've seen of him......

We really need Scooter to play that desperate brand of fearless football that we know he, as a Selwood can produce. Just hope his body holds up.

I don't rate us a Premiership chance unless we get consistency and top line football from Scooter and Menegola.

Dangerwood will continue where it left off from last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back