Are you less excited about this year's GF?

Rate your grand final excitement level

• Same as usual

Votes: 41 15.0%
  • Less than usual

Votes: 186 68.1%
  • More than usual

Votes: 46 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah... I reckons its great.

At the Gabba, at night and two Vic teams (in Qld lol) and in the context we were lucky even to have a season this year

For anyone saying it’s the best two teams so should be a good game

When was the last time we actually had a highly anticipated GF that was actually a good game?

Yep, Grand Finals are generally over-rated. Great if your side is playing (even better if they're winning), but I've seen too many of them now that just fizzled out. Who knows, maybe this could be the greatest of them all, but I never allow my expectations to rise too high.

I wonder when they'll upgrade to 4K ?

2066 or is that being too generous ? :p

You know what's funny, i was actually being flippant about it being in 720p. I thought, this will be a good joke!

But then today i saw this;

The second line;

The AFL Grand Final will be made available on 7plus for select connected TV, set-top-box and gaming console devices, and in 720p HD! You can also watch the AFL Grand Final live on Channel 7 and 7HD.

LOOK AT THEM SPRUIKING 720p LIKE IT'S A GOOD THING.

Sad

You know what's funny, i was actually being flippant about it being in 720p. I thought, this will be a good joke!

The second line;

Sad

We will be the laughing stock of the world with our inferior internet and broadcast quality!

Ill be that pissed by the game that even 4K would look like dial up internet buffering anyway

Between Gill pleading for parents to let the kids stay up late to watch the match, MCG turf being sent on an interstate road trip, asking dancers to dance for free and news that they could have an electrical storm during the night which may impact the event........... and crappy broadcast quality it sure was a wise decision having a night grand final in Queensland :p

The second line;

Sad
And of course, they don't even have super slow motion for the ARC. So we get blurred images of the ball going close to a player's hand/fingers!!! Even my old mobile had 960fps which was able to really sow down action....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much interest or excitement for me this year. The night game/watching it alone thing/no build up in Melbourne hasn't helped.
Cats for covid cup

If it was a normal season with full crowds and the GF was during the day, there'd be more buzz even if it were still at the Gabba. fu** you MCG purists.

Just like the first Test of the summer should always be at the Gabba and league origin is out of place in Melbourne, the Grand Final is not the same away from the MCG.

Given we’re now nearly in November I kind of feel a bit like this about the season now.

Just like the first Test of the summer should always be at the Gabba and league origin is out of place in Melbourne, the Grand Final is not the same away from the MCG.

Given we’re now nearly in November I kind of feel a bit like this about the season now.

bugger off dude. the detritus of the wandering footy submoreeee... and you can go the way of Matty Richo...

you asked for a dump and you got it...

Just glad there is a game on tonight tbh, hopefully it’s a cracker.

Look at the case numbers in Europe/America last few days, the fact we are getting people to this game is a feat.

Your team didn't make the GF and now you are having a sook.

It has nothing to do with the GF itself.

If you're not interested in other people's opinions then don't read them. A simple approach for a simple person like yourself.

The AFL chose this night thing for whatever reasons. Clearly tradition means nothing, except when signing 40 year contracts to play at the MCG.

The afternoon 'tradition' of many thousands of real footy people doesn't matter. Once again they show the real fans don't matter to the AFL

Back