Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I took my wife this morning to the Calvary hospital this morning for a physio appointment after her back surgery. It doesn't get mention like the RAH but there were at least 8 ambulances ramped outside.
Wasnt that Malinauskas's primary tenant of his election promises. From memory dodn't he get the Ambulance Union to write stupid mesages on ambulances that Labor would fix this problem. Don't get ill people as it doesn't matter where you go as you are going to be waiting hours. Its worse now than under Marshall.

Last edited:
Wasnt that Malanauskas's primary tenant of his election promises. Its worse now than under Marshall.
I actually think it's a good policy if it lessens the load on the RAH in the short term. Maybe there is a need to decentralize the RAH more and more.

I actually think it's a good policy if it lessens the load on the RAH in the short term. Maybe there is a need to decentralize the RAH more and more.
Its not lessening the load on the RAH though. Their ramping is worse than ever. Maybe instead of sending billions to Ukraine in a pointless war they should be sending money to our hospital system.

fortunatecrow

Just another little blowout on the Andrews/Allan Government's Suburban Rail Loop, originally budgeted at $50 Billion now out to $218 Billion so god knows what the end cost will ever be...if it's ever completed that is!!! What a joke with the State with massive debt problems already.

Been awhile since I’ve been to Melbourne are they still building the tunnel by the Westgate?

Yep, running 3 years late and $3.7 Billions over budget not to mention a nightmare traffic problem coming.

Wasn’t there a delay on the start of the project with a soil contamination issue?

Question to all my lovely friends and foes here: Why wouldn’t governments want to investigate why there was a spike in excess deaths that coincided with the introduction of the Covid vaccine?

Free likes for best answer.

People will say “I’ve moved on from Covid” (how convenient) but no serious, credible or honest individual can dismiss the need for an investigation into a causal link when the correlation in the data clearly exists.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Because these trends have already been investigated. Multiple times, by multiple agencies around the world. And discussed in this forum.

It speaks volumes that the only people still poking this with a stick are the likes of Canavan, Rennick and Slippery Pete. 3 people who are unified in their ability to consistently (a) misinterpret data, (b) be wrong on almost every issue, and (c) bite hook, line and sinker into every conspiracy there is.

In addition to the NCIRS paper referenced in your post, the Australian Actuaries Institute Mortality Working Group prepared a 115 page report analysing trends in excess deaths in Australia from 2020-22.

The report found that over half of the increase in excess deaths in 2021 and 2022 was directly attributed to COVID-19. Of the remaining deaths, the report highlights likely causes including post-COVID complications such as heart disease, delays accessing healthcare, and mortality displacement (people who survived due to actions taken in 2020 who otherwise were not expected to).

The report also found that "there is no credible evidence to suggest that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess deaths in Australia or overseas". They note that if these deaths were vaccine-related "we'd be seeing a lot more excess deaths in younger people". Contrary to Rennick's claim, if you look at the data month by month, there is also no temporal relationship whatsoever between vaccine uptake and timing of excess deaths in 2021-22 (see graph below).

Last edited:
This never wants to go away for Vicotria. I wonder if SA should have consider a bid with someone else paying $200 million

Malaysia may pocket $200m in Victorian taxpayer funds in new bid to host 2026 Comm Games​

Almost $200m that Victorians forked out to dump the Commonwealth Games may soon be handed over to the Malaysian government if the country signs on to host the event.
Malaysia looks poised to swoop on the 2026 Commonwealth Games and almost $200 million in Victorian taxpayer cash being offered to replacement host nations.
Victoria was contracted to host a regional Commonwealth Games in 2026, but former premier Daniel Andrews tore up his own deal last year due to concerns about escalating costs, forking out $380m in compensation to the event’s global governing body in the process.

About £100m — or $194m AUD — of that will be gifted to a new host nation.

Been with QBE for years and have never had a problem with claims - car and house, which neither were my fault.

Building claim - an old neighbour cross from me put the foot on the accelerator when in reverse and reversed out his driveway across the road, up my driveway and took out my front verandah and garage door.

Car claim - my car parked on the street and a different neighbour reverses out and collects the driver side door of my car. She said she couldn’t see the car.

Might need to move to another suburb with neighbours like this.
Have they read your posting?

I’m trending into Bearded Clam territory with the length of this post, but here goes:

The report also found that "there is no credible evidence to suggest that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess deaths in Australia or overseas".

Yeah, it looked like they were really trying hard to find a link in that report!

We estimate that excess deaths are owing to absolutely everything including “undiagnosed” Covid, mental health and air conditioners falling on your head— but they are definitely not connected to the novel medical product taken by 95% of the adult population.

Imagine my shock when the extent of the analysis into vaccine-related deaths was to reproduce that oft-quoted statement from the TGA website which says only 14 people have died (and zero from the Pfizer vaccine).

It exposes a pretty significant agenda in the “independent” research when the authors copy and paste propaganda from a government website and pass it off as an investigation. (Btw, if you actually believe that TGA statistic, you’d believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden).

The report found that over half of the increase in excess deaths in 2021 and 2022 was directly attributed to COVID-19.

Even if we take that statement on face value, it’s not exactly a point in favour of the vaccine, is it? All these excess deaths from the very disease it was supposed to protect against!

Interestingly, for 2022, it gets increasingly harder for the report’s authors to blame the excess deaths on Covid. Quote from the report:

“In section 3 we discussed a number of possible reasons for the high (non Covid-19) excess deaths in Australia in 2022……..While vaccinations continue regularly, the total vaccinations per member of the population are lower than they were in 2021, thus reducing the risk of death from vaccines further.”

The assumption made here is that you can only deteriorate, or die, immediately after taking a shot. Which is the most laughably biased and rudimentary position you would take if you had no interest in an actual investigation. Because it completely ignores the medically established fact that these vaccines can cause, and have caused, medium and long-term adverse effects.

It also ignores that there are ongoing safety studies looking into this phenomenon.

The reality is that nobody who took this thing knew what the long-term effects might be. That’s one reason — and enough of a reason — why it was so obscene to mandate it on anybody.

Let’s also not forget the AZ vaccine was (very quietly) pulled from the Australian market with a note about its ability to cause fatal blood clots. This was two years (!) after the government secured 56 million doses and mandated it on people.

File under “things nobody could’ve seen coming.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trending into Bearded Clam territory with the length of this post, but here goes:

Yeah, it looked like they were really trying hard to find a link in that report!

We estimate that excess deaths are owing to absolutely everything including “undiagnosed” Covid, mental health and air conditioners falling on your head— but they are definitely not connected to the novel medical product taken by 95% of the adult population.

Imagine my shock when the extent of the analysis into vaccine-related deaths was to reproduce that oft-quoted statement from the TGA website which says only 14 people have died (and zero from the Pfizer vaccine).

It exposes a pretty significant agenda in the “independent” research when the authors copy and paste propaganda from a government website and pass it off as an investigation. (Btw, if you actually believe that TGA statistic, you’d believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden).

Even if we take that statement on face value, it’s not exactly a point in favour of the vaccine, is it? All these excess deaths from the very disease it was supposed to protect against!

Interestingly, for 2022, it gets increasingly harder for the report’s authors to blame the excess deaths on Covid. Quote from the report:

“In section 3 we discussed a number of possible reasons for the high (non Covid-19) excess deaths in Australia in 2022……..While vaccinations continue regularly, the total vaccinations per member of the population are lower than they were in 2021, thus reducing the risk of death from vaccines further.”

The assumption made here is that you can only deteriorate, or die, immediately after taking a shot. Which is the most laughably biased and rudimentary position you would take if you had no interest in an actual investigation. Because it completely ignores the medically established fact that these vaccines can cause, and have caused, medium and long-term adverse effects.

It also ignores that there are ongoing safety studies looking into this phenomenon.

The reality is that nobody who took this thing knew what the long-term effects might be. That’s one reason — and enough of a reason — why it was so obscene to mandate it on anybody.

Let’s also not forget the AZ vaccine was (very quietly) pulled from the Australian market with a note about its ability to cause fatal blood clots. This was two years (!) after the government secured 56 million doses and mandated it on people.

File under “things nobody could’ve seen coming.”
It speaks volumes that the only people still poking this with a stick are the likes of Canavan, Rennick and Slippery Pete. 3 people who are unified in their ability to consistently (a) misinterpret data, (b) be wrong on almost every issue, and (c) bite hook, line and sinker into every conspiracy there is.

Underlined, bold, exclamation point. Thank you for further proving my point with this most recent post 😂

I invite you to read my post again, there is plenty of additional evidence cited in these papers beyond the TGA statistic to back their (correct) claim that “there is no credible evidence to suggest that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess deaths in Australia or overseas"

“All these excess deaths from the very disease it was supposed to protect against!”
- I’m sure this makes you wonder how many more people would’ve died had we allowed COVID to spread unfettered through a completely unvaccinated population as you’ve proposed.

Or maybe you won’t, maybe as always you will bend over backwards to misrepresent or flat out ignore any evidence that opposes your view, so ideologically bent are you toward this false narrative that COVID was never a threat, vaccines did nothing and caused more harm than good.

I look forward to repeating this conversation with you 6 months from now, with you pissing and moaning about “why everyone keeps refusing to answer this simple question about my flawed and idiotic interpretation of medical concepts and data I don’t understand yet remain highly opinionated on”

And nobody could have seen this coming 😂

so ideologically bent are you toward this false narrative that COVID was never a threat,

Nope. Never said that. I said it had a median death age of around 83 prior to the vaccine rollout. Fact.

Whether you still believe that fact warranted destroying absolutely everything else for two/three years is up to you.

It is a view that is already laughably poisonous and history will view it as so, but feel free to continue to hold it.

vaccines did nothing and caused more harm than good.
These are the things that are unequivocal:

1. They should never have been mandated on anyone.
2. Multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies should not have been provided legal immunity for harms caused.
3. Those harms should not have been minimized and covered up.

Remember the former head of the AMA Dr Phelps testifying to parliament that doctors had been muzzled and threatened with loss of registration if they talked about serious adverse reactions?

Of course you do. You just chose not to talk about it.

C’mon ADL. If the nation’s former deputy chief medical officer can admit it, you can too

Last edited:
What are his qualifications to discuss this?

So you have an issue with wind farms. Who would have thought.

How about a solar farm out there? Lets do that.

Lets go nuclear or lets go coal.
I was listening to Matthew Pantelis on 5AA yesterday morning. I can't find the interview, but he had an expert on talking nuclear reactors. He gave examples of costs, efficiency payback, safety etc. I can find it on the website. As I was picking my wife up at Calvary hospital , I missed parts of it. Not sure if anyone one has a link, but he actually had a go at Bowen's argument.
Anyone able tp+ find a link.

I was listening to Matthew Pantelis on 5AA yesterday morning. I can't find the interview, but he had an expert on talking nuclear reactors. He gave examples of costs, efficiency payback, safety etc. I can find it on the website. As I was picking my wife up at Calvary hospital , I missed parts of it. Not sure if anyone one has a link, but he actually had a go at Bowen's argument.
Anyone able tp+ find a link.

And where was this expert from?

There is very little evidence that we would have a fully functioning nuclear power plant before 2040.

And small modular nuclear reactors don’t exist commercially.

Why is the Coalition so adverse to renewables?

His ******* qualifications are he owns the ******* land, it's been in his family for generations, I daresay he's a ******* expert on the locality. If you'd actually watched it you'd know what he said and the very good reasons why it's a bad idea. But no you blah blah as is normal with you, at least get informed before you comment.

So he isn’t actually knowledgeable on wind turbines.

Yes, he knows the land, blah, blah, blah. And I bet he doesn’t believe in climate change either.

He is another Neanderthal.

PS : just because it has been in your family generations doesn’t necessarily mean you are an expert. And yes, he maybe an expert in the locality, pretty sure if I lived there my whole life I would be too.

What a shame...

Edit for change of link.

Lol, was seeking a 30 year salary compensation of $6M for having stupid views on covid...

Last edited:
So he isn’t actually knowledgeable on wind turbines.

Yes, he knows the land, blah, blah, blah. And I bet he doesn’t believe in climate change either.

He is another Neanderthal.

PS : just because it has been in your family generations doesn’t necessarily mean you are an expert. And yes, he maybe an expert in the locality, pretty sure if I lived there my whole life I would be too.
That is a really poor take

Remove this Banner Ad

Back