Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that supermarkets like Drakes are selling the 180 gram blocks of Cadbury for $7, I wonder just how bad it could potentially get.

Everyone has a go at Coles and Woolworths however if you have ever done a price comparison between Drakes/IGA/Foodland they are up to 20-25% dearer on many of the products.

And the Drake Family wealth is over $800m.

I’ll tell you what’s shocking to me.

When you completely f*ck an economy for two-plus years over a flu-like virus, that economy ends up completely f*cked (and you still have the flu-like virus lmao).

I don’t really understand how it’s possible that completely f*cking something could end up with that thing being completely f*cked.

I would’ve thought that when you comprehensively fu*k something it winds up really good afterwards.

Nobody could’ve seen it coming. I’m baffled and so are the experts.

I’ll tell you what’s shocking to me.

When you completely f*ck an economy for two-plus years over a flu-like virus, that economy ends up completely f*cked (and you still have the flu-like virus lmao).

I don’t really understand how it’s possible that completely f*cking something could end up with that thing being completely f*cked.

I would’ve thought that when you comprehensively fu*k something it winds up really good afterwards.

Nobody could’ve seen it coming. I’m baffled and so are the experts.

The pandemic actually wasn’t the problem, the problem was interest rates were kept artificially low for years after the GFC.

The RBA kept reducing the cash rate from Nov 2010 to Mar 2020. All that did was allow people to overextend themselves.

It therefore inflated the property market and here we are.

Now on another point, everyone is blaming immigration for the property shortage (it isn’t as simple as that but lets put that aside). Now lets think this thru, if we didn’t have the levels of immigration after closing our borders, who do you think was going to fill the shortages we had in the workforce? I mean to say our unemployment rate is current at historical levels now.

Last edited:
The pandemic actually wasn’t the problem

The inflationary disaster in particular is everything to do with the government’s response to the China Virus (not just in Oz).

They pumped a gazillion dollars into the economy paying people to stay home and destroying small business, and a lot of that money went into the housing market.

The insane demand for housing is now being propped up by other factors (immigration etc) but the crushing blow to the younger generation’s prospects of home ownership was chiefly dealt by politicians & health bureaucrats and their deranged Covid response.

The inflationary disaster in particular is everything to do with the government’s response to the China Virus (not just in Oz).

They pumped a gazillion dollars into the economy paying people to stay home and destroying small business, and a lot of that money went into the housing market.

The insane demand for housing is now being propped up by other factors (immigration etc) but the crushing blow to the younger generation’s prospects of home ownership was chiefly dealt by politicians & health bureaucrats and their deranged Covid response.

You do understand the inflation issue is a worldwide phenomenon and was not just restricted to Australia.

Stop trying to rewrite history - no-one knew what we were facing.

I’ll guarantee if we lost the same % of people as they did during the early 20th Century pandemic the world economies would have crashed and recessions that would have lasted years. No ifs, no buts.

The crushing dreams of younger generations was not pandemic related, the roots of that are the relaxing of CGT, negative gearing and governments not investing in public housing and just leaving it to the private sector. We didn’t seem to have this housing issue prior to 2000. But hey.

Do some research and educate yourself, you might learn something.

Anthony Albanese has been snubbed in the initial round of invitations for the G7 leaders’ meeting in Italy in June, despite the prime minister earlier indicating he hoped to go to the summit of the world’s top democratic economies.

Anthony Albanese has been snubbed in the initial round of invitations for the G7 leaders’ meeting in Italy in June, despite the prime minister earlier indicating he hoped to go to the summit of the world’s top democratic economies.

Albanese out, Pope in.

That sounds like changes night at the Crows. Just disappointment all round.

They have their quota of dumb incoherent grifting stooge already. Bad luck Albo, i'm sure you care deeply about saving the taxpayer some money. Also its saving the planet by decreasing your carbon footprint. Very noble, walking the talk for once.

Last edited:

I think sometimes in life, if you think you're the smartest person in the room, or you think you're the one with the answers, or you think "I'm the bloody PM, I should say something", sometimes its best to shut up.

I am no Rudd fan, but one of the smartest things he did was around the national apology, there were some protests outside and I remember he went out there with a notepad and just talked to them. I am sure it was all for show as it is with Kevin, but by God it was the right thing to do at that time.

The cause she stands for is important and she seems to have done a lot to draw attention to violence against women but she has certainly lost some shine with her antics. The way she carried on was ridiculous. Albo turned up, and spoke, where was Dutton I wonder?

The cause she stands for is important and she seems to have done a lot to draw attention to violence against women but she has certainly lost some shine with her antics. The way she carried on was ridiculous. Albo turned up, and spoke, where was Dutton I wonder?
I can’t disagree with much of that.

What were your views on Grace Tame, I wonder?

OGC when Albo has a fight with a communist

View attachment 1975811
Why do you always fall
On the weak communist comnents?
Is every labour leader a communist to you?
Is Malinauskas a communist too, after all he is another labour leader?
And which restrictive communist policies has he forced upon you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is every labour leader a communist to you?

I’d have to go through each one individually. Katy Gallagher? Yes.

Malinauskas? No. I actually think he’s a very talented and likeable man. But he’s certainly beholden to the commies in his party on some issues.

Example: the SA Voice. Which he pushed through despite the SA population voting resoundingly no in the federal referendum.

Very commmunist-esque don’t you think?

Malinauskas? No. I actually think he’s a very talented and likeable man. But he’s certainly beholden to the commies in his party on some issues.

Example: the SA Voice. Which he pushed through despite the SA population voting resoundingly no in the federal referendum.

Not at all

Malinauskas. Best pollie in Aus IMHO but I fear the party machine will drag him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back