Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading this thread a lot of people were caught out from this. The purgatory challenge was the episode before last nights. So think that was last Monday night.

They just went straight on to it after the tribal council.
Ahhhh this would explain it, any recollection of what the challenge was?

Ahhhh this would explain it, any recollection of what the challenge was?
To be honest I fast forward most challenges, mostly interested in the scheming and social play of the game. From what I saw it was balancing a ball on top of a long pole to run down a gutter like structure and try to get it to land and a bucket at the bottom.

KJ's auction advantage was a bit of a resolve cop-out for the underwhelming non-alliance. We knew the Purgs would surely try something but Dave sort of got an easy flip with the numbers as they were. Even with his talk of the f8 and supposed dual idols of Mark & Sam wasn't entirely convincing.

There has been so much fooling around with the natural order of things since the injured exit that it does detract a bit for me. The moment the 3 were sent away I felt sorry for Jordan. It was a very sudden deathrow moment, I didn't believe anyone else was going. He handled it well though, some other players in Survivor history might have chucked a hissy fit. Sam darted about but kept icy (what a player even if she overdoes it a bit).

On the prior episode, there was the vibe of an ending fake-out before the purg challenge. If I had been more alert to switching off I might've easily missed it, but I 'let the credits run their course'. Was a bit like an encore end credits scene, could understand some missing it.

Thinking about it I'm not sure how much I actually like the idea of two people being able to share the idols from a game rules point of view. Normally they would at least have a chance to flush at least one idol but if they're just saying neither of us technically have possession and they are shared then there is nothing anyone can do

A shame they didn't actually show it. It was a good plan and it would have been interesting to see them coming up with it.

Though makes me wonder if they involved David with the plan. Otherwise for the plan to work they would have been relying on him flipping at the last moment.

I suspect they must have involved him. Even if David decided to flip without being involved with the plan, there was a good chance he puts Sam's name down rather than Jordan's bringing the plan undone.
David was in on the plan I believe.

He never looked shocked when AJ revealed the advantage.

So question for the closely attentive. Ive missed a few eps. Did they show the purgatory challenge that determined who returned? If so when and what was it
Build a pole out of many pieces, balance a ball on it, run along balance beams etc... then extend said pole with more pole parts (10-12 feet), drop ball onto a track and let it roll off to attempt to land ball in a bucket once it falls off.

rinse and repeat three times.

In retrospect, super lazy from the producers. Immunity for 3 people via an auction is such a blatant lazy way to mix up the game. Just own you can't cast for shit.

Am sure Jordy is a nice bloke but he's massively deluded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is quickly just turning into the Jordy show. If the bloke calls himself the Joker again, I’m done.

"I've gotten these band of misfits together"

Jordy.....what the **** else would they do?! May not be the Joker but definitely a clown.

Is there any reason they always keep targeting Sam instead of Mark? I don't get it.

IMO Mark has played head and shoulders above everyone else.

Is there any reason they always keep targeting Sam instead of Mark? I don't get it.

IMO Mark has played head and shoulders above everyone else.
I think it’s because they like Mark more, because he’s played a good social game, but Sam buzzes around and gets on their nerves more.

Simple as that.

I think it’s because they like Mark more, because he’s played a good social game, but Sam buzzes around and gets on their nerves more.

Simple as that.

Which in itself is crazy. Challenge beast, socially and strategically sound game. The fact that so many of the athletic guys got as far as they have sums up the season anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back