Autopsy Autopsy V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

100% this. I have never taken must interest in who we took against who we didnt over the years but there have been some glaring blunders over the years, Hansen over Selwood, Phillips (who I dont think gets a good go) over McDonald who was what we needed at the time (Imagine Larkey and McDonald in our forward line) and now today I hear Hansen over McCreery WTH. The recruiting team have some questions to answer and yes I know we have Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and Dursma but we also have Stevo, CCJ and Corr
Pretty sure it wasn’t Hansen over McCreery, Hansen only last year MSD.
It was Phoenix Spicer, who was McCreery’s team mate in SA who we took. Pretty astonishing call. Would luv McC in North colours.

Last edited:
I’m staggered to think we’re any chance of winning a game this year.

I had hopes of 5-6 wins this year at BEST. Hopes that we would “rattle” some teams and actually challenge teams in most games.

We won’t win a game this year is my realistic guess now.

We’re in massive trouble. Every game I expect north to concede 15-20 goals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Chill winston

There are people in here that both think we are capable of feats we are miles off, while at the same time writing off a season after 3 games.

Who in their right mind had us beating Carlton? Or GWS? Or next week the Brions? or the week after the Cats in Geelong?

we were/are never going to be near these sides. If a miracle happens just enjoy it.

And we hit a Freo who is ahead of us in development, and while sure we beat them last year we are younger and less expereinced this year.

We have a backline that is full of undesized KPD who have played a collective 3 games together. We have a singular threatening KPF.

These things are not easily fixed. They are going to take time, s**t loads of time.

Round 6 is the first time we will get a crack at a side that is legitimately around where we are. They are also going to go into that game and be wanting to win. Becuase it is very likely they will also be 0-5 when they get there.

This has been a rough road, and it is not getting any smoother in the short term. We atleast seem to be travelling in one direction is a cohesive club now.

We are not winning many games of football this year. THe secon half of the season it opens up a bit and hopefully (just hopefully) we can get some wins on the board then after a pretty lean first half.

People losing their s**t after this game I legit don't understand. If you thought we would win I understand less.

Agree with every single word. The only thing is that this will be the 5th consecutive year we've been dogshit. For three years before that we were the dog sniffing around and starting to walk around in circles - no dogshit yet, but you knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when and how big. Yet, the rebuild is just beginning to take shape?

I don't understand people losing their s**t after that game either, but losing their s**t in general? Yeah, I get it.

Last edited:

Agree - there is nothing 'obvious' about our improvement at all. If anything if you look at the stats for the first 3 rounds this year v last year its hard to see any improvement at all at the team level. We look more 'flashier' here and there but overall the results are no better.

We have a lot of work to do to get out of the bottom 4 - the only clubs we are able to compete with at present would be Hawthorn and West Coast - maybe Richmond if they continue to regress. That's pretty ordinary company 5 years into a rebuild. And we aren't better then those sides - we are just in the mix with them.

I like the look of W Dawson, Hardeman and Goad - but they are still a ways away.

Our senior players look frustrated - Larkey today was completely out of character with his pushing and shoving, Simpkin looks a shadow of his best, Corr might be finished and opposition sides seemed to be able to quell LDU's influence more easily now.

Interesting few weeks coming up.

Worth remembering that after 3 rounds last year we had played the 3 bottom 5 teams. Reasonably confident that’s not the case this year.

I’m staggered to think we’re any chance of winning a game this year.

I had hopes of 5-6 wins this year at BEST. Hopes that we would “rattle” some teams and actually challenge teams in most games.

We won’t win a game this year is my realistic guess now.

We’re in massive trouble. Every game I expect north to concede 15-20 goals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah we will win a few

Sheez wasn't too happy when a bluebagger ducked down and headbutted him in the guts, for a free kick, and gimme goal
At the game and saw it. It was arguably the most disgraceful of all the free kicks last night. Carlton player deliberately put his head down to draw the penalty. Sheezel was a metre away ready to block him. Carlton bloke just kept head down and straight into Harry. It was indicative of the umpiring debacle we witnessed last night. Umpires 21,25 and 4 were disgraceful. It's killing our game along with these ridiculously purile score reviews.

We played 3 blokes over the age of 26 yesterday. Corr 29, Lmac 29 and Tucker 27. they along with JY are the only 4 players to have played more then 120 games so essentially 6 full seasons. Let that sink in. Then compare it to the blues list. Given the umpires interference a 5-6 goal loss was always on the cards. If all 3 of corr Lmac and Tucker never played again we would lose nothing. I would rank them as the 3 players I would not want ball in hand. If anything we drop our average age even further.

Agree with every single word. The only thing is that this will be the 5 consecutive year we've been dogshit. For three years before that we were the dog sniffing around and starting to walk around in circles - no dogshit yet, but you knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when and how big. Yet, the rebuild is just beginning to take shape?

I don't understand people losing their s**t after that game either, but losing their s**t in general? Yeah, I get it.
There is a broader discussion about what actually happens when you hit reset on strategy.

Scott, Shaw, Roos, Noble, Clarkson (even Ratts). All to varying degrees hit reset on what we have been doing.

The list is a mess because of this.

It’s going to take years to shake out.

Edit - to add to this we’ve built midfield out which is f***ing stupid too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning is ideal, but it doesn't have to be a win to be a worthwhile game that can help build a base that will lead to wins.

But these games don't feel like that.

There are 10 blokes in the side who flat out can't play and are never going to be good enough. Maybe more.

Agree with every single word. The only thing is that this will be the 5th consecutive year we've been dogshit. For three years before that we were the dog sniffing around and starting to walk around in circles - no dogshit yet, but you knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when and how big. Yet, the rebuild is just beginning to take shape?

oh my god omg GIF

Rebuild under Nobles basically doesn’t count, there’s a reason why Clarko has a 5 year contract, so he’s not watching his back every time we spud it up with the list we have. Unfortunately going to take time, we would be hoping for some organic growth with our KPPs and then need to be ready to draft/trade for defenders

Rebuild under Nobles basically doesn’t count, there’s a reason why Clarko has a 5 year contract, so he’s not watching his back every time we spud it up with the list we have. Unfortunately going to take time, we would be hoping for some organic growth with our KPPs and then need to be ready to draft/trade for defenders
It counts in that we spent his tenure recruiting, playing, and training in a different direction. Just like we did under Shaw.

Not all 6 surely? Idk it’s easy to get worked up when you’re part of an angry home crowd, no doubt we were a bit sloppy but at the ground the umpiring was just awful. It ruined the flow of the game, and that scumbag club didn’t just have the rub of the green but literally got every slightly iffy call while we got bugger all.

Was there an obvious throw in our coast to coast goal in the third? Cos #25 ignored a huge throw in the third that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! Do I need to talk to my psych/see an optometrist or was that genuinely some of the worst umpiring people can remember?
I did not see one Carlton player pinged for dropping the ball, yet I saw North players pinged virtually every time they were tackled. Some even look like they actually got a handball away.

Someone said it in another post, it looked like at the game that the umpires took every advantage to * us over with every little grey area they could find.

As for the 50’s I clearly saw Carlton players do the same thing, yet not one 50. At one stage a Carlton player came from behind the mark and then stood and came forward. It was ignored. Same as Saad who seem to ignore the stand rule and was moving prior to any play on call.

Games like yesterday take any enjoyment out of footy, because any chance of a fair contest is removed.

Carlton scored goals from throws that were completely ignored. They also scored one when the umpire signalled a free kick pointing in our direction making all players start to position for us having the ball only to call advantage as a Carlton player runs to goal. What an absolute cluster*. Surely you can’t call advantage if you have signalled the wrong way and players have stopped?

At the end of the day it’s hard to believe that this sport isn’t engineered with so many inconsistencies that only favour one team.

We played 3 blokes over the age of 26 yesterday. Corr 29, Lmac 29 and Tucker 27. they along with JY are the only 4 players to have played more then 120 games so essentially 6 full seasons. Let that sink in. Then compare it to the blues list. Given the umpires interference a 5-6 goal loss was always on the cards. If all 3 of corr Lmac and Tucker never played again we would lose nothing. I would rank them as the 3 players I would not want ball in hand. If anything we drop our average age even further.
I have been a Corr fence sitter, but yesterday I swung my legs over one side and he might be a serviceable 4th defender. LMac can just play his games in the VFL, and I nearly forgot Tucker was playing til he bobbed up in the last quarter. You're correct, we would lose nothing at all.

I did not see one Carlton player pinged for dropping the ball, yet I saw North players pinged virtually every time they were tackled. Some even look like they actually got a handball away.

Someone said it in another post, it looked like at the game that the umpires took every advantage to * us over with every little grey area they could find.

As for the 50’s I clearly saw Carlton players do the same thing, yet not one 50. At one stage a Carlton player came from behind the mark and then stood and came forward. It was ignored. Same as Saad who seem to ignore the stand rule and was moving prior to any play on call.

Games like yesterday take any enjoyment out of footy, because any chance of a fair contest is removed.

Carlton scored goals from throws that were completely ignored. They also scored one when the umpire signalled a free kick pointing in our direction making all players start to position for us having the ball only to call advantage as a Carlton player runs to goal. What an absolute cluster*. Surely you can’t call advantage if you have signalled the wrong way and players have stopped?

At the end of the day it’s hard to believe that this sport isn’t engineered with so many inconsistencies that only favour one team.
Next you'll be saying the AFL covered up drug tests. Just fanciful stuff!

Based on evidence, 6-8 looks very shaky indeed. We are getting cut up for 5-10 goal run ons in every game, subpar pressure, and personnel issues on every line.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 top 4 teams and a guaranteed top 6 team?

Its not doom n gloom.

Unfortunately, the reality is that we had to start again under Clarko. And given the distractions of last year, it was probably a false start.

I understand the frustration, but we can't just click our fingers turn it around.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back