Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Stinking hot session, boys sweated it out.

I only have a few short notes, it was way too bloody hot even just watching. Hopefully Axe can give a bit deeper analysis:

- most notable for me again was Impey. Physically looking in ripping nick. Always thought last year that he looked a touch overweight, and I recall there were some queries on his endurance, but he seems much better today, especially in repeat running drills and hot weather. As I keep saying, looks primed for a big year.

- Stratts very vocal all session, you can see where the leadership chants are coming from.

- Howe continues to impress me with cleaness around the ball and energy

- Best i've seen Chip move in a while

- was on the other side of the oval to the rehab group, didn't get a great look

- Glass and Nash a stand out on track with skills and energy

Sorry guys, thats all i have from a really hot session.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stinking hot session, boys sweated it out.

I only have a few short notes, it was way too bloody hot even just watching. Hopefully Axe can give a bit deeper analysis:

- most notable for me again was Impey. Physically looking in ripping nick. Always thought last year that he looked a touch overweight, and I recall there were some queries on his endurance, but he seems much better today, especially in repeat running drills and hot weather. As I keep saying, looks primed for a big year.

- Stratts very vocal all session, you can see where the leadership chants are coming from.

- Howe continues to impress me with cleaness around the ball and energy

- Best i've seen Chip move in a while

- was on the other side of the oval to the rehab group, didn't get a great look

- Glass and Nash a stand out on track with skills and energy

Sorry guys, thats all i have from a really hot session.
What flavoured icy pole did you have?

He very well maybe. That looks to be the role that he is being primed for.
I love his “* you” I’m taking the game on attitude on the ground when he tries to break the line. With good endurance I can imagine some good last quarter moments where I lose my s**t after he kicks it lace out to The Chad who slots it

I think I need a Protein shake to stay standing...

Is Jars the running half back we have been missing? Agree that his endurance was the knock last year.
He's a burst player, and I have some queries about his tank if he was to be a full time midfielder.

He could be our JJ. Run and burst out of half back with potential bursts in the middle I think.

My two cents worth CLA is that Hardwick is the perfect candidate (along with more Worpel) to replace Tom in the guts, he has a more mature body than our young mids, clean hands and good/above average disposal, our young mids can be played down back to learn the game. We also have Birchall and Scrimshaw to come in too the the defence.

Unfortunately trying to replace someone that gets 30 plus disposals on a bad day requires more than hoping our next generation mids will pick up the slack, the season is long and young bodies will get smashed up.
IMO Hardwick actually plays on opposition players - a good trait to have as a defender. Neither Scrimshaw or Birchall appear to do that.

You can only have one Sicily down there. If Hardwick plays mid, it’ll be an accountable smaller player who takes his place in the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back