• 4. Mitchell SWEPSON
In: Heazlett, Steketee, Swepson
Out: Mujeeb UR RAHMAN (family illness)

Brendan Doggett omitted from the squad.

Weather
sunny.png
37 - very hot and sunny

Last edited:

This will be the 4th of the last 6 Strikers' games that is on Foxtel.

Too bad if you were a casual fan who wanted to watch the local team. If you know a reliable live streaming site that isn't Criclive.free, PM me.

* you, Foxtel. Buying all the sports coverages isn't going to buy you paying customers.

No one is going to agree with this but this game is going to contain the eventual winner of BBL08 and it’s not the defending champions. Yep that’s right as silly as it sounds, the Brisbane Heat are going to perform the greatest escape of any sporting franchise in sporting history.

Hear me out........

I reckon we will lift for this game and get one back on the Strikers. Then Perth are going to fire up after their recent crap performances and ambush the Stars. With it all to play for against the Stars the Heat will this time not choke when they chase down a modest Stars total next week. Thunder will not beat the Hurricanes and Sixers will do the Heat the biggest favour by beating the Stars in the last regular season game and we will sneak into 4th undeservedly, but there none the less.

Then this is where it gets really sick

We end up not only winning but destroying the Hurricanes in a one sided semi after we win the toss and send them in and have Short and Wade out in the first 4 overs. The rest of the game is a formality. Then the Sixers have nothing left in the tank against the Gades after their win against the Stars in their last game and then it’s off to Marvel for the final.

The final twist? Gades send us in and are chasing 190+ again thanks to a Macca farewell 100 and fall very short on a hard scoring pitch. Easy as you like.

What even prompted me to think of and share this absurd scenario???..... I had a vision...... A very very silly vision but a vision none the less.

Usually my visions return a 60% success rate so throw your house in it happening and DM me when you own half of the Bahamas when it comes off. I’ll let you name an island after me as a thank you.

No one is going to agree with this but this game is going to contain the eventual winner of BBL08 and it’s not the defending champions. Yep that’s right as silly as it sounds, the Brisbane Heat are going to perform the greatest escape of any sporting franchise in sporting history.

Hear me out........

I reckon we will lift for this game and get one back on the Strikers. Then Perth are going to fire up after their recent crap performances and ambush the Stars. With it all to play for against the Stars the Heat will this time not choke when they chase down a modest Stars total next week. Thunder will not beat the Hurricanes and Sixers will do the Heat the biggest favour by beating the Stars in the last regular season game and we will sneak into 4th undeservedly, but there none the less.

Then this is where it gets really sick

We end up not only winning but destroying the Hurricanes in a one sided semi after we win the toss and send them in and have Short and Wade out in the first 4 overs. The rest of the game is a formality. Then the Sixers have nothing left in the tank against the Gades after their win against the Stars in their last game and then it’s off to Marvel for the final.

The final twist? Gades send us in and are chasing 190+ again thanks to a Macca farewell 100 and fall very short on a hard scoring pitch. Easy as you like.

What even prompted me to think of and share this absurd scenario???..... I had a vision...... A very very silly vision but a vision none the less.

Usually my visions return a 60% success rate so throw your house in it happening and DM me when you own half of the Bahamas when it comes off. I’ll let you name an island after me as a thank you.

You stole your only title in BBL02 from a similar position, lightning will strike twice. Cutting to storm his way home to top the wicket taking tally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The heat always bring out the worst in the opposition. Both teams play really really bad and the heat always find a way to lose. It's been utterly riveting watching them this year

Back