BBL BBL|09 Game 61 “Grand Final”: Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars @ SCG 8th Feb 2020 7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway. Glad we got a game in despite the weather forecast. This is the thing, the BOM can't predict exactly what time the rain will come or if it is going to rain all day. So glad the game was not moved to another venue.

EDIT: just looked at the radar, and a big band of showers is got to hit in about an hour from now.

Good time to be a Sydney fan. Roosters finished their back to back, Sydney FC killing it and even the Sydney Kings have their s**t together.

Sixers just joining the party!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering we claim to be the sporting capital of the world were not producing top class teams in many sports ATM. Could be just the cycle but I see a trend. Well coached well structured Sydney franchises are dominating the landscape right now. In hindsight your state gets the most finances pumped into it so it should be successful on a regular basis.

Considering we claim to be the sporting capital of the world were not producing top class teams in many sports ATM. Could be just the cycle but I see a trend. Well coached well structured Sydney franchises are dominating the landscape right now. In hindsight your state gets the most finances pumped into it so it should be successful on a regular basis.

It’s just the cycle, Victorian teams claimed all three domestic cricket titles last season. Victory and United both won in 2018 and the Kings have been the most paid team to beat before without winning anything!!! Plus the Storm more than holds its own in a Sydney comp whilst Richmond is far and away the AFL team to beat for the last 3 years.

Victoria is doing alright

Easy, the bushrangers. The Vics dominated and won titles. Plus under the state system there was way less artificial bullshit pumped mindlessly and repeatedly through the pa.

I honestly think if CA don’t increase the international quota to 3, we are better off going back to 6 state teams.

At least then there would be enough talent to spread across the comp and not be subjected to grade cricketers taking the piss.

Thank fu** Melbourne still won the Championship. The Aces over Adelaide 6-2.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
An Adelaide team finished top and choked the title? Sounds about right, owned by the Crows too fittingly enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think if CA don’t increase the international quota to 3, we are better off going back to 6 state teams.

At least then there would be enough talent to spread across the comp and not be subjected to grade cricketers taking the piss.
Yeah the two extra teams just spreads the talent too far. I’d be all for a 6 team comp but with the same player movement as we’ve got now. (Although as a West Aussie I wouldn’t mind seeing our superteam finally reunite :p)

Morons claim that

3 internationals has some merit, however if there's no clear window or a shorter comp we'll just see international grade cricketers instead. That worked with Haris Rauf, but didn't for Dilbar Hussain.

Just wanted to say to the Stars fans who were carrying on about celebrating the BBL title result when they had the minor premiership wrapped up with 3 games to go, this one is for you

CHOKE!!!
And how did Brisbane go being favourites to win the title? But yeah stars arent good at all.

Dont follow any side in the BBL but the result last night was predictable.

Well done to the 6ers on taking a chance that their internationals would be available and play. They basically rolled out a test level bowling attack with the worlds best bat in toe.

If the comp is that long they need to make the qualification more games . It just doesnt seem right to me that you can have players play less then a 1/3 games and qualify for finals in an 'elite' competition.

The simple solution is shorten the comp , will attract higher quality internationals .

And the Stars didnt choke, there back 1/3 rd of the comp was ordinary, last night and the semi played to the form and talent of the two sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back