BBL06 - Match 21 - Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Renegades @ SCG, 7.40pm Local Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they run two or three on the last ball?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

must be hard landing your front foot with confidence, bowling that pace on a rainy pitch.

secondly, you get runs if you're caught on a free hit? what a farce, 20/20 literally sodomizes bowlers

Before the free hit ball was bowled was the equation 3 required to win off 4 balls?

Made very hard work of the chase but got there in the end, bowlers and openers set it up.

Poor decision by Finch to bowl Pattinson, needed to go with spin again or take pace of the ball which was working for them in the preceding overs.

What stops you from belting your own stumps over mid delivery on a free hit to make the run out harder?

Aaron Finch thinks this is the current rule.
Cricketers aren't always on top of the rules. I remember one game Glenn Maxwell going spare on Twitter about a catch that he thought should have been deemed a 6, since the fielder caught the ball, tossed it in air and caught it again. But he had jumped from outside the boundary which Maxy thought you couldn't do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the whole you don't go out on a free hit thing, but the fact that you can also score when you're caught is bull

Before the free hit ball was bowled was the equation 3 required to win off 4 balls?

It was 5 off 4 balls, then Pattinson bowled a no ball and they ran 2, so it became 2 runs needed off 4.

I reckon it should become a dead ball if you get caught on a free hit. Change the rules!

I recon you should not bowl no balls! It's not hard!

Cricketers aren't always on top of the rules. I remember one game Glenn Maxwell going spare on Twitter about a catch that he thought should have been deemed a 6, since the fielder caught the ball, tossed it in air and caught it again. But he had jumped from outside the boundary which Maxy thought you couldn't do.
To be fair on maxy that was set to be changed and just hadn't gone through yet (or was a recent change can't remember)

Patto was going for 13.5 rpo, even if he took a wicket he was no chance to restrict the runs. I'm the end they only needed 3 balls.

The other anomaly is could Hadden have been run out in that scenario of the free hit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back