Recommitted Ben King [extends contract to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i am going on what others on bigfooty have said. From my perspective it makes little sense why he would sign other then being offered a godfather offer plus being guilt tripped into signing from Evans and co. I probably would of buckled as well so i don't blame him.
He might just enjoy the club and believe in where it is heading? Yeah we probably had to over pay him a little, but teams with little success need to do that, but the idea we are paying him 1m with most of the AFL subsidising it just seems like sour grapes from some Saints people, sounding like jilted lovers.

Trades for young players are based on potential and I consider Max to have much more than Ben, Again it my opinion
Well i am going on what others on bigfooty have said. From my perspective it makes little sense why he would sign other then being offered a godfather offer plus being guilt tripped into signing from Evans and co. I probably would of buckled as well so i don't blame him.
I suggest you to listen to Ben's interviews today. Did it ever cross your mind that he may actually love it on GC?

Last edited:

So what was the offer from GC? ...as i am hearing 900k-1 million per year.
Hmmmm alternatively is could be a midfield of Rowell, Anderson, Bowes, Ainsworth, Fiorini, Swallow, Brodie hitting him lace out

But believe what you want to to ease the pain

You guys had no idea what was going on with the re-signing.
Why the * would we think you know anything about the actual contract that was signed.

King said "those close to me knew what I was really feeling"
Those who had 'sources' on your board were saying they would be very surprised if this eventuated and 'goes against everything I'm hearing' even when the news leaked last night.

Why wouldn't you pay him 1 million a year to stay, the way you guys are talking him up with him being worth two first round picks. I would pay him a million as well. Hill getting 900K and Freo ask for two first rounds. I would take that as a compliment that you have a million dollar talent in your team.

Why wouldn't you pay him 1 million a year to stay, the way you guys are talking him up with him being worth two first round picks. I would pay him a million as well. Hill getting 900K and Freo ask for two first rounds. I would take that as a compliment that you have a million dollar talent in your team.
We don't presume or make assumptions like St Kilda fans. The true will come out eventually. Better be patient than make false claim.

We don't presume or make assumptions like St Kilda fans. The true will come out eventually. Better be patient than make false claim.
Not saying he did or didn't, all I am saying is the way you guys talk he is worth a million dollars a year. I would pay Max a million a year to stay at the Saints and a majority of the people think Ben is better than Max so wouldn't it stand to reason that Ben should be paid a million a year. You guys keep attacking the Saints fans but you missed what I was saying, never said he stayed for the money.

that’s it, change the narrative. King didn’t turn down a romantic move home to be the messiah for a struggling club, he just accepted lots and lots of money.
Why would he be the Messiah when I clearly think Max is a better footballer and will lead us back to finals and to a granny (MY OPINION)

Last edited:
Not saying he did or didn't, all I am saying is the way you guys talk he is worth a million dollars a year. I would pay Max a million a year to stay at the Saints and a majority of the people think Ben is better than Max so wouldn't it stand to reason that Ben should be paid a million a year. You guys keep attacking the Saints fans but you missed what I was saying, never said he stayed for the money.
I don't see anything wrong if he stay for the money too, but then you need to be smart in drafting and trade like GWS. St Kilda and Carlton trying to be big but not willing to give up high end draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine someone enjoying life outside of Melbourne, stepping out and enjoying his independence. Imagine the inner workings of the Suns now, not being a shambles. Imagine pride in building something hard, but rewarding.

Your perspective seems kind of tiny.

Haha the only person reporting that number is Tom Browne so we can put that in the fake news basket.

Now hears a report from a well respected and award winning journalist

The Suns have signed King on a two-year deal that will see him paid more than $500,000 in years three and four of his career. While that's a hefty price for a third-year player, he could have fetched significantly more – probably in excess of $700,000 – had he been prepared to move back home.

Ben kings interview on sen yesterday morning was excellent
So well spoken a very well rounded young man,,sounds like a real leader as well
Congrats to the suns on the contract extension
Let's hope 2020 is the year you make serious inroads towards the 8
Onwards and upwards

He might just enjoy the club and believe in where it is heading? Yeah we probably had to over pay him a little, but teams with little success need to do that, but the idea we are paying him 1m with most of the AFL subsidising it just seems like sour grapes from some Saints people, sounding like jilted lovers.
choice 1 -- staying at the sun's, with so much young talent coming through
A chance to build a successful club together with 40 of your best mates
Great weather, hardly any attention, all that's pretty hard to pass up
Choice 2 --go to the saints lol ,, no thanks

Hahaha did you listen to his interview?

Even his own twin brother was telling him to re-sign. In fact, Ben King was telling Max to go up north

Sour grapes big time

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That was a pisser nice stitch job to Ralphy
I specifically watched trading game or whatever the show is with Tom Morris and John Ralph where they recap the days ‘action’ to see what Ralph would say.

Never did own up to going as hard as he did, other than to call it the shock of the day. All their sources saying st Kilda in 2021.

Makes you wonder whether this was a close run thing - king says no it wasn’t.

Or

Their sources have no idea about what goes on the gc. Probably likely!

I specifically watched trading game or whatever the show is with Tom Morris and John Ralph where they recap the days ‘action’ to see what Ralph would say.

Never did own up to going as hard as he did, other than to call it the shock of the day. All their sources saying st Kilda in 2021.

Makes you wonder whether this was a close run thing - king says no it wasn’t.

Or

Their sources have no idea about what goes on the gc. Probably likely!
They all assumed Ben was going to the saints a fait accompli according to the footy media
They were all wrong,,, Bruce Eva on 3aw st Kilda tragic, still thinks Ben will be a long term saint
Said the same about josh Kelly actually guaranteed josh would be a saint , they really don't have a clue ,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back