Recommitted Ben King [extends contract to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would he choose?
A club that offers him a million dollar contract.
One club that won't be doing that is St Kilda, who already have a decent array of key forwards, 900k a year committed to Brad Hill, and Max King will likely command a significant contract too. It's even more preposterous when you consider the state of St Kilda's current midfield.

You'd be desperately hoping he'd take a significant paycut to play with his brother, which he will not.

A club that offers him a million dollar contract.
One club that won't be doing that is St Kilda, who already have a decent array of key forwards, 900k a year committed to Brad Hill, and Max King will likely command a significant contract too. It's even more preposterous when you consider the state of St Kilda's current midfield.

You'd be desperately hoping he'd take a significant paycut to play with his brother, which he will not.
So it'd be up to one player to take a pay cut for St.Kilda to get Ben King?

I still don't understand why Ben would leave the Suns.

He's probably pleased to be away from home and not living with his brother and parents .

Like a normal adult. It might be relaxing.
Yeh he just signed a new contract so theres literally no evidence he wants to leave.

You can call the rumour bs all you like. all i know is that i know people that are friends with him and he would definitely prefer to be playing at st kilda if not this year next year i would expect him to request a trade to return home. (Keep in mind i was told this prior to the season starting, not sure if the success of gold coast will have much influence on his decision

You can call the rumour bs all you like. all i know is that i know people that are friends with him and he would definitely prefer to be playing at st kilda if not this year next year i would expect him to request a trade to return home. (Keep in mind i was told this prior to the season starting, not sure if the success of gold coast will have much influence on his decision
why did he sign an extension?

Signed an extension till 2022 around November? Ish.... don’t see him leaving any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooooh. So like Kelly etc at the Giants? We pay every player to stay above and beyond the cap? :think::rolleyes:

Dunno about the Giants but the consensus was that the Saints couldn’t match the money, and it would set him up for life.

Was probably a pretty easy decision for him to make.

Dunno about the Giants but the consensus was that the Saints couldn’t match the money, and it would set him up for life.

Was probably a pretty easy decision for him to make.

Seems like just talk and excuses because he extended.

We get the same thing when players stick around instead of heading “home”.

He may just see what they are building and want to be a part of it.

Seems like just talk and excuses because he extended.

We get the same thing when players stick around instead of heading “home”.

He may just see what they are building and want to be a part of it.
It was publicly stated in an interview when he extended his contract that the offer he got was crazy good money and too good to refuse.

Stated by who?
It's been stated in many AFL.com.au articles this his extension was on good money without stating the amount and Simon Lethlean referred to Ben's dad telling him the offer from Gold Coast was on good money.

That wouldnt be the only reason he chose to extend but smartly, he waited until the GC offered him a very good deal rather the signing the first contract they put infront of him.

It's been stated in many AFL.com.au articles this his extension was on good money without stating the amount and Simon Lethlean referred to Ben's dad telling him the offer from Gold Coast was on good money.

That wouldnt be the only reason he chose to extend but smartly, he waited until the GC offered him a very good deal rather the signing the first contract they put infront of him.

So nothing factual from Ben or the Suns or his manager?

Just hearsay and “I’ve heard”.

Very similar to North fans with Kelly and now Green with Richmond fans.

I’m sure many other clubs have the same stories of players who were meant to be at a traditional Victorian club because of “reasons”, that didn’t end up happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back