Recommitted Ben King [extends contract to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben will and the club will do whatever they can to get the twins back together. Their old man is part of the furniture at the club. Family is involved heavily in the club and it’s been their dreams to have the boys play together at the Saints.

It won’t be this year. It will be next year when there’s better possibilities of facilitating a trade.

Both kings, Bruce and Membrey don’t all fit in the same forward line.

Ben will and the club will do whatever they can to get the twins back together. Their old man is part of the furniture at the club. Family is involved heavily in the club and it’s been their dreams to have the boys play together at the Saints.

It won’t be this year. It will be next year when there’s better possibilities of facilitating a trade.
Surely no responsible parent's dream is for their child to play at the Saints :drunk:.

He may well end up at St Kilda next year if he refuses to re-sign, but it's going to cost more than GC paid for him or every other club in the state will put in an offer. Do you really think Tony Cochrane will send him on his way to St Kilda for an inferior offer?

Both kings, Bruce and Membrey don’t all fit in the same forward line.
Agree. One will play back until we find the right balance. Bruce is getting on now. Membrey isn’t a talk forward. Needs to play up the ground a bit more.

Surely no responsible parent's dream is for their child to play at the Saints :drunk:.

He may well end up at St Kilda next year if he refuses to re-sign, but it's going to cost more than GC paid for him or every other club in the state will put in an offer. Do you really think Tony Cochrane will send him on his way to St Kilda for an inferior offer?
Wasn’t suggesting it won’t.. I’d suggest our first this year plus something else. Doubt our first next year as well, but certainly 2nd and maybe a player.

I just don’t think it’s viable for St Kilda to be trading him in. GC should demand heaps for him and preferably the King brothers both play as forward.

St kilda board always float the idea of trading Bruce but I don’t think it’s a great idea.

That being said I’d imagine Ben king wants to play with his brother at some point.

It’s all just speculation.

Where do these rumours come from?

Are people speaking with his dad or his brother or Ben himself?

It seems to me like people just want these things to happen and it becomes ‘rumour’

I mean st Kilda would be crazy for not making a strong pitch but whose to say he hasn’t enjoyed stepping out of his brothers shadow and making his own name.

Loving his play this year. Pre season league he looked 2 years away so the rapid progression is exciting to see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. One will play back until we find the right balance. Bruce is getting on now. Membrey isn’t a talk forward. Needs to play up the ground a bit more.

He's 27, I wouldn't have thought he was getting on just yet. Or is he slowing down? I haven't paid too much attention but outside of last year being injury plagued I would've thought he'd been pretty good.

It’s all just speculation.

Where do these rumours come from?

Are people speaking with his dad or his brother or Ben himself?

It seems to me like people just want these things to happen and it becomes ‘rumour’

I mean st Kilda would be crazy for not making a strong pitch but whose to say he hasn’t enjoyed stepping out of his brothers shadow and making his own name.

Loving his play this year. Pre season league he looked 2 years away so the rapid progression is exciting to see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Different players but it reminds me a bit of the Maddens ... and one had to move away from the other brother. If they were mids ..then fine you could see it being done easily ..but players their size in the same forwardline ...and adding to who are already there ...
Id love him at Geelong ..no question about that..but with every game he plays like the last few.. his chance of being happy at GC raises.

Max. Ruckman on our rookie list. Only 21.

No chance Ben King goes to St.Kilda. St.Kilda have a dire need for some quality midfielders, so they're not giving up 2 x 1st rounders for a tall, as good as Ben King projects to be, as that's what it's going to cost.
Max and Tom have no relation.

Tom’s sister Bethany was at Richmond’s WVFL team last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's 27, I wouldn't have thought he was getting on just yet. Or is he slowing down? I haven't paid too much attention but outside of last year being injury plagued I would've thought he'd been pretty good.
Depends on how the King Bros are going.. could slow down quicker than we think..

Pretty sure you take Ben King ahead of those two in a heartbeat...
Not sure about a heart beat. Membrey is a fine player for us and would be one of the best 3rd talls in the league if we had 2 other key position players to allow him to play that role.

Yes, we'd prefer Ben King as a potential marquee player along with his brother, but Membrey is a required player still and would fit in along side both of them nicely in the forward line.

Having said that, I'd say we look at play Ben in the backline and have the twin book ends.

I think he is leading the comp for contested marks but I could be wrong
Aaron Naughton currently leads for contested marks - top 5 is:
  1. Aaron Naughton (43)
  2. Tom Lynch (42)
  3. Jeremy McGovern (39)
  4. Harry McKay (39)
  5. Josh Bruce (38)

Naughton’s 19. McKay barely scratched together 2 games in a putrid Carlton side at that age.
Actually he missed most of his first year with a back injury and when he did play it was under duress in the 2s.
Next year it was foot injuries and building fitness as he had no pre-season.

And naughtons played more games as a result.

Nice try mate.

Actually he missed most of his first year with a back injury and when he did play it was under duress in the 2s.
Next year it was foot injuries and building fitness as he had no pre-season.

And naughtons played more games as a result.

Nice try mate.

I don't care if it was because of form or a frail rig, when he was 19 he wasn't even in the same ballpark as Naughts. Wouldn't turn him down at the Dogs though, would make a lovely second banana.

I don't care if it was because of form or a frail rig, when he was 19 he wasn't even in the same ballpark as Naughts. Wouldn't turn him down at the Dogs though, would make a lovely second banana.
Lol Harry averages more marks and more goals a game than Naughts.

I'd take naughts also though. He could play 4th banana in our forward line if he was lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back