B: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, Chris Yarran
HB: Bachar Houli, David Astbury, Nick Vlastuin
C: Shaun Grigg, Dustin Martin, Brandon Ellis
HF: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Caddy
F: Sam Lloyd, Ben Griffiths, Daniel Rioli
R: Shaun Hampson, Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia
INT: Oleg Markov, Anthony Miles, Kamdyn McIntosh, Corey Ellis
EMERG: Jayden Short, Reece Conca, Connor Menadue

Short played 16 games last season but will be pushed out by the returning Yarran. By bringing in Prestia and Caddy, the Tigers have an abundance of inside midfielders but need their runners such as McIntosh and Menadue pushing through. Nathan Drummond is not far off making the team while Ben Lennon's talent should have him on the brink of the senior side.

Not far off the mark really. Nankervis stiff not to even get a look in as an emergency though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol news.com.au Richmond best 22. I don't even know where to start... Further cementing themselves as the worst news source in the country:

upload_2016-10-24_15-53-34.png

Last edited:
B: Grimes, Rance, Short.
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran.
C: McIntosh, Prestia, B.Ellis.
HF: Edwards, Griffiths, Caddy.
FF: Rioli, Riewoldt, Lloyd.
Foll: Hampson, Martin, Cotchin.
Int: Vlastuin, Nankervis, Miles, Markov.
Emg: C.Ellis, Menadue, Grigg.

Bloody good side on paper IMO - just need to hope the game plan is up to scratch.

If we can get Yaz up and running, plus with fit again Houli and KMac's added, we'll have a lot more run and carry out of defence with some genuine line breakers. I know B. Ellis has his critics but he is a good player (definite down hill skier though). With better players around him playing well, he should flourish again.

Jack has been admirable playing up the ground but I think it's high time he goes home to FF (we need him there to kick a score). Griff and Nankervis can hopefully make CHF their own.

I've got high hopes on Lennon and Conca still. Both have the talent to be best 22 IMO but need a bit of luck on the injury front. And in Lennon's case, his ego/attitude needs to be better - the fact no one came sniffing for him should be a wake up call. With Lids gone,he's got a real chance to step up and be a AFL quality marking forward.

Cotchin Griffiths Rioli
Martin Jack Lloyd

Markov backline

It is not unrealistic play both our a graders forward - c Ellis. Vlastuin. Miles. Caddy. Prestia.

Cotchins goal kicking is s**t but his field kicking and reading of the ball is good HBF is better

B: Grimes, Rance, Short.
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran.
C: McIntosh, Prestia, B.Ellis.
HF: Edwards, Griffiths, Caddy.
FF: Rioli, Riewoldt, Lloyd.
Foll: Hampson, Martin, Cotchin.
Int: Vlastuin, Nankervis, Miles, Markov.
Emg: C.Ellis, Menadue, Grigg.

Bloody good side on paper IMO - just need to hope the game plan is up to scratch.

If we can get Yaz up and running, plus with fit again Houli and KMac's added, we'll have a lot more run and carry out of defence with some genuine line breakers. I know B. Ellis has his critics but he is a good player (definite down hill skier though). With better players around him playing well, he should flourish again.

Jack has been admirable playing up the ground but I think it's high time he goes home to FF (we need him there to kick a score). Griff and Nankervis can hopefully make CHF their own.

I've got high hopes on Lennon and Conca still. Both have the talent to be best 22 IMO but need a bit of luck on the injury front. And in Lennon's case, his ego/attitude needs to be better - the fact no one came sniffing for him should be a wake up call. With Lids gone,he's got a real chance to step up and be a AFL quality marking forward.

No Hampson for me, Nankervis in the Ruck getting a chop out from Griffiths, and Lennon comes into the 22.

The days of a ruckman who can only tap are long gone.

No Hampson for me, Nankervis in the Ruck getting a chop out from Griffiths, and Lennon comes into the 22.

Bugger! I was looking forward to this type returning one day. :)

Mick-Nolan-6063603.jpg

31fef6547900d5fc62981952c55e69e3.png

This is the heat he was in, for the grand final sprint. Few players in their who I would imagine to be pretty quick that he finished ahead of.

Repeat sprints are the key, not one off race with time to recover. Sorry but it very obvious to me.

B: Morris Astbury Grimes
HB: Yarran Rance McCintosh
C: B.Ellis Martin Caddy
HF: Grigg Nankervis Edwards
FF: Rioli Reiwoldt Lloyd
Followers: Hampson Cotchin Prestia
Interchange: Vlaustin, Miles, Houli, C.Ellis

I thought about that too but wasn't sure if he had the capacity to carry the bulk of ruck responsibilities on himself. Personally not a big fan of Griff as a ruck. Hopefully Griff can really step it up next year as a forward though - yet to kick more than 15 goals in a season which is a big worry. For all Vickery's faults, he was (by comparison) a more reliable avenue to goal.

B: Grimes, Rance, Short
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran
C: B.Ellis, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Markov, Griffiths, Caddy
F: Rioli, Riewoldt, Edwards
Foll: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia

I/C: Grigg, Vlas, C.Ellis, Menadue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slight tweak on my last:

B: Grimes, Rance, Markov
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran
C: Cotchin, Vlastun, McIntosh
HF: Lennon, Griffiths, C. Ellis
F: Rioli, Riewoldt, Lloyd
R: Hampson, Martin, Prestia
Int: Caddy, Conca, B. Ellis, Edwards

Prediction:

Who lines up for the first centre bounce in Round 1?

I'll say...

Hampson Cotchin
Martin Vlastuin

My guess is:

Hammer, Cotchin, Prestia, Caddy

My guess is:

Hammer, Cotchin, Prestia, Caddy

I reckon you might be spot on there.
Imagine if we didn't get the centre clearance with that line up.
If I was the coach. Id lose it.

I thought about that too but wasn't sure if he had the capacity to carry the bulk of ruck responsibilities on himself. Personally not a big fan of Griff as a ruck. Hopefully Griff can really step it up next year as a forward though - yet to kick more than 15 goals in a season which is a big worry. For all Vickery's faults, he was (by comparison) a more reliable avenue to goal.

Really? He kicked 5 in one match..
Get your s**t together Griff

B: Morris Astbury Grimes
HB: Yarran Rance McCintosh
C: B.Ellis Martin Caddy
HF: Grigg Nankervis Edwards
FF: Rioli Reiwoldt Lloyd
Followers: Hampson Cotchin Prestia
Interchange: Vlaustin, Miles, Houli, C.Ellis
I would go this way
Yarran rance grimes
Flossy mcintosh Houli
Martin Cotchin b Ellis
Lennon griff Edwards
Rioli Riewoldt Lloyd
Hammer caddy Prestia
Bench miles c Ellis menadue nankervis
Depth batch Ashbury Morris hunt Castagna short
Grigg conca lambert Moore Townsend
Chol Moore c. Elton
Maric

I would play grimes as second tall up back and mcintosh as third tall while a little undersized it would provide great run when combined with run and carry of yarran and Houli and it would force opposition to play smaller fwd lines
Martin the attacking winger Ellis as your link up with defence
Lennon Edwards providing the link up with midfield Lennon aerially Edwards linking up with midfield and rotating with mids
Lloyd Riewoldt our main goal kickers and Rioli providing pressure

Going to play devils advocate here.
We all look forward to Yarran playing like he did at Carlton. We did have players in the previous 3 years to do it, but they didn't. We are not Carlton.
We all look forward to Prestia playing like he did at GCS. We had players in the previous 3 years to do it, but they didn't. We are not GCS.

Unless our players are allowed to leave their men and be more attacking at times, the above players will not play like they used to.

Going to play devils advocate here.
We all look forward to Yarran playing like he did at Carlton. We did have players in the previous 3 years to do it, but they didn't. We are not Carlton.
We all look forward to Prestia playing like he did at GCS. We had players in the previous 3 years to do it, but they didn't. We are not GCS.

Unless our players are allowed to leave their men and be more attacking at times, the above players will not play like they used to.

Without directly saying it, you are essentially just having another dig at the coach.
Not necessary.

Without directly saying it, you are essentially just having another dig at the coach.
Not necessary.

I am referring to our current game plan or game style, as that is the only one I know of at present, which has a direct affect on who should be selected in our best 22 and how they will play as opposed to how they played at other clubs.
I wasn't having a dig a the coach. But I some times do. :D:D:D

Not necessary.

And just on that, while I'm here, there is only 3 obvious reasons for a season like last year.
There players weren't good enough or the coaching wasn't good enough or a combination of both.
If people aren't allowed to comment on the players, and they are not allowed to comment on the coaches, then nobody will be allowed to comment at all.

I don't comment about turning this thread or that thread into a "player bashing thread".
I respect people rights to comment as they see fit. But it has to cut both ways.

I am referring to our current game plan or game style, as that is the only one I know of at present, which has a direct affect on who should be selected in our best 22 and how they will play as opposed to how they played at other clubs.
I wasn't having a dig a the coach. But I some times do. :D:D:D

And just on that, while I'm here, there is only 3 obvious reasons for a season like last year.
There players weren't good enough or the coaching wasn't good enough or a combination of both.
If people aren't allowed to comment on the players, and they are not allowed to comment on the coaches, then nobody will be allowed to comment at all.

I don't comment about turning this thread or that thread into a "player bashing thread".
I respect people rights to comment as they see fit. But it has to cut both ways.

The thread is aimed to seek opinions of posters as to who they think our best possible 22 is. Yes, game style does affect this. However, when your post has a clear undertone to try and steer the conversation away from the best 22, it becomes tiresome.
In most part, I agree with you, and I'd be happy to discuss it if you made a thread along the lines of - "Game style needs to change" or "How our current game style affects who we select".
By no means am I having a dig at you, but the threads turn to the coach way too often.
You may not like it, but he will be the coach for 2017.
But hey, I'm not a mod, do what you like.
I'm essentially being hypocritical because I have just taken the thread off topic myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back