Prediction Best 22 for Round One, 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
Trade period's just about done. Get in quick I reckon. We've lost Lids, Tyspud Vicktato while gaining Nank the Tank, Neon Dion and presumably Caddy.

I'll get the ball rolling:

B: Grimes, Rance, Short.
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran.
C: Markov, Prestia, B.Ellis.
HF: Edwards, Griffiths, Caddy.
FF: Rioli, Riewoldt, Lloyd.
Foll: Hampson, Martin, Cotchin.
Int: Vlastuin, Nankervis, Miles, McIntosh.
Emg: C.Ellis, Menadue, Grigg.

And then Conca, Lennon, Castagna and Morris when fit. Shorty, Asters, Brandon and Markov the ones looking over their collective shoulders.

EDIT: forgot about KMac whoops!

Last edited:
Markov can't play midfield would replace him with Corey Ellis or Vlas. On paper that team looks bloody good though.

These threads.....

S3Kmh.jpg

What I live for. :drunk:

I'll roll with this for now, if all goes down as expected:

Grimes, Astbury, Markov
Yarran, Rance, McIntosh
Cotchin, Vlastuin, Prestia
C. Ellis, Griffiths, Edwards
Rioli, Riewoldt, Lloyd
Nankervis, Martin, Caddy
Conca, B. Ellis, Miles, Menadue

emg/ Grigg, Houli, Short OR Pick 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markov Rance Short
Yarran Astbury Grimes
Mcintosh Cotchin Edwards
Rioli Griffiths Lennon
Nankervis Reiwoldt Lloyd
Hampson Martin Vlastuin
Miles Prestia Caddy Costagna

Pick 13 and 26 to be used on key back and key forward. Kirby first player elevated

One thing about the best 22 sides I'm seeing is that KPP are still lacking and the backline looks vulnerable .
Depends how Griff and Astbury travel, if Griff finds consistency with Vickery gone and presumably not having to backup ruck, and Astbury can build on this year it doesn't look awful. I'm more worried about depth, Menadue, CEllis, Markov etc all need to start moving up a level, they're promising but we need people like BEllis pushed out of the team.

Getting Caddy would be nice

Depends how Griff and Astbury travel, if Griff finds consistency with Vickery gone and presumably not having to backup ruck, and Astbury can build on this year it doesn't look awful. I'm more worried about depth, Menadue, CEllis, Markov etc all need to start moving up a level, they're promising but we need people like BEllis pushed out of the team.

Getting Caddy would be nice
BEllis maybe bad , but I agree that depth is poor although sadly there are more passengers than BEllis.
The two blokes you mentioned are very fragile and unreliable so I hope they're strengthening their bodies as we speak. Also bc of injuries it's stunted their development over the journey.

B: Grimes, Rance, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran
C: B.Ellis, Fyfe, Prestia
HF: Hoskin-Elliot, Griffiths, Caddy
FF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Lloyd
Foll: Goldstein, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Rioli, Nankervis, Miles, McIntosh
Emg: C.Ellis, Menadue, Markov

Based on this post from the list management thread :D

So... Hey Presto and Nanny today. Tomorrow Lids goes early for 15 and WHE. Caddy comes for 27. We package up 15 and 24 to GCS for 8. On trade that and next years first to Freo for Nat Fyfe. Then at the death of trade week Norf come to us in tears because they simply MUST offload Goldstein and need a ruck to replace. Hampson in a straight swap to help the poor buggers out. 2017 premiership in the bag.

B: Grimes, Rance, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Astbury, Yarran
C: B.Ellis, Fyfe, Prestia
HF: Hoskin-Elliot, Griffiths, Caddy
FF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Lloyd
Foll: Goldstein, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Rioli, Nankervis, Miles, McIntosh
Emg: C.Ellis, Menadue, Markov

Based on this post from the list management thread :D

Can not like this enough.

How quickly most of you blokes forgot about Kmac. Easily best 22.

You reckon? I don't think so to be honest. I just think he's a good depth player. When we truly have 22 to choose from I don't reckon he's there. I just think he lacks real skill to be the player we try to make him. He's definitely got value though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back