Best 22 - Most Underrated Players of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok everyone is wrong except you.
Not everyone.... Speak for your yourself.
Everyone? What would it take for Enright to be sufficiently rated?
His six AAs apparently still undersell him so what would it take? A parade?
Enright was lucky to be selected in 3 of those 6 AA teams.. as in he wasn't a clear standout, unanimous selection. A case of selectors rewarding the champion name player who had a good season and snubbing other lesser name defenders who had equally good, if not better seasons.

So he's ended up with 6 AA's. Probably 2 or 3 more than he should've got. He's got footy panel shows blowing smoke up his arse whenever he reached a games milestone and again when he retired - his coach, teammates and fans pumping him up as one of the all-time greats. Highlights packages and tribute fluff pieces not usually afforded a backman.

I think he is rated abut right. If anything, he is overrated. Not underrated. Champion player. One of the Geelong greats. But what else does PhatBoy want? Would he like the MCG to name a patch of the turf after him: The Corey Enright back pocket? Or maybe we could name the All Australian small defender: the Corey Enright Position.

Let's face it: none of Geelong's modern day stars were underrated. They were a celebrated team over a long period. The Enrights and the Kellys and the Mackies were initially underrated, but they eventually received their dues... The media loved the Cats and continually praised all of their star players with a near religious fervour. They got 9 All Australians one year and 7 All Australians the next year. Geelong's 2008 Grand Final team which lost to Hawthorn had something like 18 players with AA honours... (Most years, there are only 1 or 2 players from the 10 teams who don't make the Top 8)

Last edited:
Not everyone.

Speak for your yourself.
Enright was lucky to be selected in 3 of those 6 AA teams.. as in he wasn't a clear standout, unanimous selection. A case of selectors rewarding the champion name player who had a good season and snubbing other lesser name defenders who had equally good, if not better seasons.

So he's ended up with 6 AA's. He's got footy panel shows blowing smoke up his arse whenever he reached a games milestone and when he retired. His coach, teammates and fans pumping him up as one of the all-time greats. Highlights packages and tribute fluff pieces not usually afforded a backman.

I think he is rated abut right. If anything, he is overrated. Not underrated. Champion player. One of the Geelong greats. But what else does PhatBoy want? Would he like the MCG to name a patch of the turf after him: The Corey Enright back pocket? Or maybe we could name the All Australian small defender: the Corey Enright Position.

Let's face it: none of Geelong's modern day stars were underrated. They were a celebrated team. The media loved them and praised all of their star players with a near religious fervour.

You to post something from a region of triple figure IQ would be enough for me.

You remind me of a teenage fangirl of Justin Bieber

You are an embarrassment to the Geelong fan base.

Yes I’m sure I’ll be ex-communicated any tick of the clock because someone who’s username is a reference to voiding ones bowels has made such a scientific presentation about the merits of my views on Australian Rules and the team from Geelong who play it.

Yes I’m sure I’ll be ex-communicated any tick of the clock because someone who’s username is a reference to voiding ones bowels has made such a scientific presentation about the merits of my views on Australian Rules and the team from Geelong who play it.
You're just a Geelong cheerleader. That's all you do.

I challenge you to post on the Main Board in 2021 and avoid posting anything Geelong-related. Let's try for 50%, huh? Let's see if you can do 1 post about the 17 other clubs for every post you make about your Geelong heroes.

You're just a Geelong cheerleader. That's all you do.

I challenge you to post on the Main Board in 2021 and avoid posting anything Geelong-related. Let's try for 50%, huh? Let's see if you can do 1 post about the 17 other clubs for every post you make about your Geelong heroes.

Oooh, a dare from someone I’ve never met on an internet forum.

How will I cope with the shame if I can’t meet those lofty demands 😅😅😅😅😅

Geelong supporter posts about Geelong on football forum.

I'm shocked.
You don't understand. You don't know Phat Boy... I'm not talking about one comment. I'm talking about years of history.
He takes fandom to another level. He never posts anything that isn't Geelong related. He is constantly cheerleading for Cats...
- Begging for more recognition for Tom Hawkins, demanding he be rated alongside Tony Lockett.
- Nominating 6-time All Australian Corey Enright in a thread for "most underrated players of all time"
etc etc

If you post something even slightly negative about the Cats, set your watch: give it about 5 minutes... and Phat Boy will have replied to you with tears in his eyes

You don't understand. You don't know Phat Boy... I'm not talking about one comment. I'm talking about years of history.
He takes fandom to another level. He never posts anything that isn't Geelong related. He is constantly cheerleading for Cats...
- Begging for more recognition for Tom Hawkins, demanding he be rated alongside Tony Lockett.
- Nominating 6-time All Australian Corey Enright in a thread for "most underrated players of all time"
etc etc

If you post something even slightly negative about the Cats, set your watch: give it about 5 minutes... and Phat Boy will have replied to you with tears in his eyes

You've also just described 90% of Richmond supporters on this forum it seems.

I'm thinking there is not a lot of distinction between rating, and profile.

Most of the players listed are listed on the basis of not having a high profile, not because they were not rated as footballers.

Some footballers were very good, were rated as such by everyone that follows footy, but didn't make news headlines, attract attention, arouse controversy etc. This doesn't make them under rated, it makes them boring, and fairly easily forgotten.

Players that are remembered are either beyond just being very good, controversial and attention grabbing on the field, or off field, or all 3.

Finding genuinely under rated footballers is hard, and most names being put up either represent a low profile player, or over estimation of a player by the poster.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t be assed naming a whole team but always thought Daniel Bradshaw was and even more so now, highly underrated. Guy was a deadset star and you never hear his name mentioned anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking there is not a lot of distinction between rating, and profile.

Most of the players listed are listed on the basis of not having a high profile, not because they were not rated as footballers.

Some footballers were very good, were rated as such by everyone that follows footy, but didn't make news headlines, attract attention, arouse controversy etc. This doesn't make them under rated, it makes them boring, and fairly easily forgotten.

Players that are remembered are either beyond just being very good, controversial and attention grabbing on the field, or off field, or all 3.

Finding genuinely under rated footballers is hard, and most names being put up either represent a low profile player, or over estimation of a player by the poster.
What about the muppet who brought up James Hird?

Can’t be assed naming a whole team but always thought Daniel Bradshaw was and even more so now, highly underrated. Guy was a deadset star and you never hear his name mentioned anymore.
In what context should his name be mentioned?

I don't understand this complaint. Should people be talking more about Daniel Bradshaw? For what reason? Just apropos of nothing?

Damn it, I don't hear Michael Brennan mentioned enough either. I can't say how or why he should be mentioned but it's not good enough. When I go to the pub, I expect to overhear conversations about him. He should be mentioned more.

In what context should his name be mentioned?

I don't understand this complaint. Should people be talking more about Daniel Bradshaw? For what reason? Just apropos of nothing?

Damn it, I don't hear Michael Brennan mentioned enough either. I can't say how or why he should be mentioned but it's not good enough. When I go to the pub, I expect to overhear conversations about him. He should be mentioned more.

Brennan is a classic example. Very good footballer. Did his job very well, with no fuss. Didn't cause controversy, or a media circus. Retired. Doesn't get raised in conversation unless your having a very specific conversation.

Not under rated, just not talked about.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brennan is a classic example. Very good footballer. Did his job very well, with no fuss. Didn't cause controversy, or a media circus. Retired. Doesn't get raised in conversation unless your having a very specific conversation.

Not under rated, just not talked about.
Why would he be talked about? In what context? How often are people having random conversations about players from 30 years ago?

I don't often sit around talking about Dwayne Lamb either.

I cannot explain raising Hird on any level. One of my favourite all time players, highly awarded and regarded and a walking headline.
Under-rated, apparently.

etc etc

You can be a deadshit, you really can.

I don’t know how hard this can be to fathom.

I was not debating whether Enright is great or underrated or whatever. I used he, and Carlton player Michael Sexton, as an example in a debate about what constitutes someone being underrated.

Yeah I mean wow a cats fan used a cats player as an example. F***en unbelievable.

The fact that you’ve added that stupid comment about Hawkins and Lockett pretty much illustrates where the tears are coming from Captain Compost.

You’re a flog mate
WTF is this obsession with people being "mentioned"? Should people really be sitting around talking about Daniel Bradshaw more often? In what context?

Handy player, no doubt. But is he in the top 10 key forwards of the past 20 years? I'd say no. Probably not even the top 15.

How about I write you a song called The Ballad of Daniel Bradshaw? Whenever you feel like he's not being mentioned enough, you can sing it to yourself.

Last edited:
WTF is this obsession with people being "mentioned"? Should people really be sitting around talking about Daniel Bradshaw more often? In what context?

Handy player, no doubt. But is he in the top 10 key forwards of the past 20 years? I'd say no. Probably not even the top 15.

How about I write you a song called The Ballad of Daniel Bradshaw? Whenever you feel like he's not being mentioned enough, you can sing it to yourself.

It’s a thread about underrated players, what the heck are you going on about?? I rarely hear his name brought up in discussions about gun former players or even when talking about the great Brisbane Lions sides hence I believe he’s underrated. It’s not ******* hard to understand you twat!

It’s a thread about underrated players, what the fu** are you going on about?? I rarely hear his name brought up in discussions about gun former players or even when talking about the great Brisbane Lions sides hence I believe he’s underrated. It’s not ******* hard to understand you twat!
Well, he's not really top-tier in his position over the past 20 years. And he was third banana in the great Lions team. That's probably why people don't sit around talking about him a decade after he stopped playing.

Does your ill-tempered response mean you don't want to hear The Ballad of Daniel Bradshaw?

Last edited:
Well, he's not really top-tier in his position over the past 20 years. And he was third banana in the great Lions team. That's probably why people don't sit around talking about him a decade after he stopped playing.

Does your ill-tempered response mean you don't want to hear The Ballad of Daniel Bradshaw?
Your opinion is overrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back