b: crozier keath Daniel
Hb: jj cordy Williams
C Hunter Bont smith
Hf: Lloyd naughton schache
F: dale Bruce Wallis
Ruck: English macrae Dunkley
int: Wood lipinski Richards suckling
Emg: McLean r smith young

personally I’d rather see Daniel further up the ground, would also play young over schache as he offers greater flexibility and better allows Bruce and naughton to both stay forward. Also think we lack a pacy small forward but don’t see Bevo playing anyone who didn’t play a single preseason game other than naughton. the second wing is still an issue would personally try McLean there but McLean as a forward isn’t best 22 that’s why I left him out. Also think wood is in big trouble keeping his spot unless his form improves
Looks good except I think Le Young will play. After his last game maybe Shackattack might get the flick

Bevo has said multiple times Naughton is on track for round one, so why is everyone leaving him out? He's back running, so only missed three weeks on the track which is easy to maintain in other ways. I reckon he plays.

B: Wood Cordy Crozier
HB: JJ Keath Daniel
C: Hunter Dunkley Lipinski
HF: Schache Naughton Lloyd
F: Dale Bruce Dickson
R: English Bont Macrae
INT: B.Smith Suckling Wallis Williams
EMG: McLean R.Smith Richards

This is the team I think will be picked not necessarily how’d I’d go. The backs and mids seem pretty straight forward but it’s the forward that seems to have the most questions marks. I’ve heard they are committed to playing the three talls so I think Young will play if Naughton doesn’t get up. Think only one of McLean or Wallis will picked as they are playing the same role, Wallis in a little better form.

What I'd pick
Crozier Trengove Williams
Jj Keath Suckling
Hunter Dunkley Richards
Lloyd naughton B.Smith
Dale Bruce Wallis
English Bont Macrae
Daniel Lipinski West Mclean(mid rotation not a deep forward)

What i think the club will pick
Crozier Cordy Daniel
JJ Keath Wood
Hunter Dunkley RSmith
Lloyd Naughton Schache
Mclean Bruce Wallis
English Bont Macrae
Lipinski, BSmith, Williams, Dale

What I'd pick
Crozier Trengove Williams
Jj Keath Suckling
Hunter Dunkley Richards
Lloyd naughton B.Smith
Dale Bruce Wallis
English Bont Macrae
Daniel Lipinski West Mclean(mid rotation not a deep forward)

What i think the club will pick
Crozier Cordy Daniel
JJ Keath Wood
Hunter Dunkley RSmith
Lloyd Naughton Schache
Mclean Bruce Wallis
English Bont Macrae
Lipinski, BSmith, Williams, Dale

i think Dale is a lock to play round one.

can I ask why you’ve gone with west?

i think Dale is a lock to play round one.

can I ask why you’ve gone with west?
Forward line really lacks a smal who can pressure when the ball hits the deck. Lloyd/Wallis/Dale are all lead and mark players. Take your pick out of West/Cavarra/Weightman. I haven't seen any of the last two yet so couldn't put them in.

I feel West could turn into a 2016 Clay Smith with his attack on the ball/man

Bevo has said multiple times Naughton is on track for round one, so why is everyone leaving him out? He's back running, so only missed three weeks on the track which is easy to maintain in other ways. I reckon he plays.

Because the more we leave him out of mock best 22’s, the more discombobulated Collingwood will be when he’s named & they have to change their tactics

Crozier - Keath - Daniel
Williams - Cordy - JJ
RSmith - Bont - Hunter
Lipinski - Bruce - Lloyd
Wallis - Naughton - Dale
English - Dunkley - Macrae
Suckling - BSmith - Wood - McLean

I'd like to see Lewis Young play ahead of Wood or Cordy but can't see it happening. Feel like we just need that extra size in defence for Cox and Cordy/Wood have probably done the least to ensure their place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My round one team may not be popular but here is how it stands at the moment
Fb. crozier cordy wood
Hb. Williams keath jj
C. Hunter bont r.smith
Hf. b.smith naughton dale
Ff. wallis Bruce Lloyd
R. English dunkley macrea
Int. suckling lipinski Daniel young

McLean misses out because there is no midfield time for him with b.smith and lipinski ahead of him and wallis better in the forward line.
Wood only gets a game due to the amount of medium forwards the pies have.
R.smith gets the wing because there isn't much alternative, would like to see schache trialed on the wing in the vfl playing similar to tomlinson.
Young to play a true swingman roll coming off the bench, Covering all kpps.
Suckling to split his time between wing and hb.
B.smith and dale to play high hf giving plant of room for Bruce and naughton to move.

My round one team may not be popular but here is how it stands at the moment
Fb. crozier cordy wood
Hb. Williams keath jj
C. Hunter bont r.smith
Hf. b.smith naughton dale
Ff. wallis Bruce Lloyd
R. English dunkley macrea
Int. suckling lipinski Daniel young

McLean misses out because there is no midfield time for him with b.smith and lipinski ahead of him and wallis better in the forward line.
Wood only gets a game due to the amount of medium forwards the pies have.
R.smith gets the wing because there isn't much alternative, would like to see schache trialed on the wing in the vfl playing similar to tomlinson.
Young to play a true swingman roll coming off the bench, Covering all kpps.
Suckling to split his time between wing and hb.
B.smith and dale to play high hf giving plant of room for Bruce and naughton to move.
I reckon you've got it pretty spot on tbh. Based on Bevo's words, I'm expecting to see Roarke Smith play on that wing. McLean has been disappointing, so I think he'll be making way with Naughton coming in

Well this was the 22 who played in that EF:

Young
Bontempelli
Dunkley
B Smith
Hunter
Crozier
Wood
Macrae
Cordy
West
Duryea
Lipinski
Dale
Hayes
Johannisen
Suckling
Schache
McLean
Richards
Lloyd
English
Naughton

So who's out and who's in?
Obvious outs are Hayes (susp), West and Duryea (inj). All small-medium sized players.
Obvious ins are Keath, Bruce and Daniel. Two talls and a small. Probably Williams too (medium sized player).

Players on the cusp who played: Richards, McLean, Schache, Lewis Young
Players who didn't play who might be considered: Sweet, Dickson, Gowers, maybe Weightman.

Well this was the 22 who played in that EF:

Young
Bontempelli
Dunkley
B Smith
Hunter
Crozier
Wood
Macrae
Cordy
West
Duryea
Lipinski
Dale
Hayes
Johannisen
Suckling
Schache
McLean
Richards
Lloyd
English
Naughton
So who's out and who's in?

Obvious outs are Hayes (susp), West and Duryea (inj). All small-medium sized players.
Obvious ins are Keath, Bruce and Daniel. Two talls and a small. Probably Williams too (medium sized player).

Players on the cusp who played: Richards, McLean, Schache, Lewis Young
Players who didn't play who might be considered: Sweet, Dickson, Gowers, maybe Weightman.
Would say west, duryea, Hayes, schache, McLean, and richards miss

Doggies review in the HUN today. Interestingly Ash Hansen name drops Vandermeer a couple of times as pushing for round 1.
He might have been but didn't he cop a niggle during pre-season?
The kid has pace and more importantly uses it in game. I really liked what I saw at VFL level last year.

He might have been but didn't he cop a niggle during pre-season?
The kid has pace and more importantly uses it in game. I really liked what I saw at VFL level last year.
Remember having a chat to Sam Power one day and he said he was the one to watch out for in the next few years. Eventually would free JJ up to play on a wing potentially if he can come in and be that burst player from a HBF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back