Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

And the round ball! Although the footballs in those days, as you have shown, were somewhat more elliptical.

Yes..Like big fat rugby balls.

But it’s interesting to note the date that the League was formed. Shows how well entrenched Australian Rules Footy was in Perth (1885 WAFL Inaugural season) and there’s no way any cricket club or footy club was going to give up any of their parkland for a soccer game.

Last edited:
C028048E-A480-40F1-8064-462972B48D09.jpeg
This is an nice view of the MCG looking towards the scoreboard, apologies for quality. Interestingly a 1934 ABC Football Book also exists but it never took like the cricket one, D.G. Bradman probably helped there.

View attachment 737656

I think it’s this one..

i don't get why there are so many photos from the 70s-80s in black and white.

pretty sure colour photography was a thing by then, it wasn't WWII
For many years after the invention of colour film, black and white film was still considerably cheaper and better able to capture fast-moving sports photos without blurring. For me personally, I really like seeing black-and-white photos carefully colourised. Makes it seem much more relatable.

This isn't overly special or anything, but if I was James Sicily this would be framed in my house once my career was over. Something very classic about it. Also a nice advertisement for our new jumper design.

View attachment 737549
Having watched James operate, there's a chance that he may already have it framed in his house. :p

What’s wrong with coke?😂

Dermie is on record many times saying he’d chug down two cans of coke just before a game to give himself a caffeine buzz.

Madness when you think of it.

If I went for a full on run or bike ride with two cans of coke in my guts I’d be spewing up within 30 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dermie is on record many times saying he’d chug down two cans of coke just before a game to give himself a caffeine buzz.

Madness when you think of it.

If I went for a full on run or bike ride with two cans of coke in my guts I’d be spewing up within 30 mins.
I'd be weeing every 5 minutes for hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back