Injury Blackmores injury update brought to you by Blackmores

Remove this Banner Ad

The bullet points...

- Howe: "Very sore" in the foot, "little bit of a stress reaction" but the club aren't too concerned. "Certainly medium term" but they reckon he'll come good maybe a bit quicker than they expect. Jackson Ramsay concurs... (also, no mention of the rumour that he went off in an ambulance last night)

- Treloar: "Tracking very well". Main objective is making sure the "chronic OP" he had last year doesn't come back. Has joined in "the warm-up part of training" for the first time this week. Doing a lot of work, "just a matter of progression, of more work and more running".

- Goldsack: "Struggling a bit" with the knee tendinopothy. "Medium, maybe even long term".

- Broomhead: Has had a bit of a "hamstring issue... not a full tear". Has joined full training, "certainly ready to go".

- Sinclair: Been careful with him due to his history, now in "good shape", has done "a lot of preparatory work". Due in full training.

- Langdon: Has rejoined full training after the meniscus surgery.

- Scharenberg: Now running, but still a long way off, obviously...

- Elliott: "Minor back issue". Running and gym work have been very good, but still suffering a bit of a "niggle", so they're "taking the intensity" out of his training in the short term so the back can settle down. "Short term".

Balme: "We're in as good a position as we could hope for".

Not sure I agree. Personally, I blame WADA...

The bullet points...

- Howe: "Very sore" in the foot, "little bit of a stress reaction" but the club aren't too concerned. "Certainly medium term" but they reckon he'll come good maybe a bit quicker than they expect. Jackson Ramsay concurs... (also, no mention of the rumour that he went off in an ambulance last night)
Medium term meaning roughly 6 weeks, rnd #1?

Medium term meaning roughly 6 weeks, rnd #1?

Last year, Balme's definition of medium term was longer than two weeks. Long term was greater than six.

So, yeah, something in there... sort of... maybe...

Last year, Balme's definition of medium term was longer than two weeks. Long term was greater than six.

So, yeah, something in there... sort of... maybe...
Add to that the factor of downplaying of injuries as not to upset the fanbase with realistic estimates. Bummer, would have loved to see him take a grab against Richmond

Cant see howe playing the first couple rounds, i think Treloar will however, seems to be in a better position than Howe.

I really feel for Goldy, tendinopathy is such a frustrating injury. I have been out of action from running for months now because i have High Hamstring Tendinopathy and it is hell, just wont heal. So Goldy definitely indefinite.

All the others seem fine i reckon except obviously shaz :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add to that the factor of downplaying of injuries as not to upset the fanbase with realistic estimates. Bummer, would have loved to see him take a grab against Richmond

You'll have to settle for Adam scooping up 20-25 possies and a goal or two instead... :D

Is Elliot's back injury the same one that hampered him in 2015?

That's worse news than people are suggesting if it's flaring up again

The bullet points...

- Treloar: "Tracking very well". Main objective is making sure the "chronic OP" he had last year doesn't come back. Has joined in "the warm-up part of training" for the first time this week. Doing a lot of work, "just a matter of progression, of more work and more running".

- Goldsack: "Struggling a bit" with the knee tendinopothy. "Medium, maybe even long term".

- Broomhead: Has had a bit of a "hamstring issue... not a full tear". Has joined full training, "certainly ready to go".

- Sinclair: Been careful with him due to his history, now in "good shape", has done "a lot of preparatory work". Due in full training.

- Elliott: "Minor back issue". Running and gym work have been very good, but still suffering a bit of a "niggle", so they're "taking the intensity" out of his training in the short term so the back can settle down. "Short term".

In another bullet point
Freeman's hamstring is still shot
Medium to long term, maybe longer, maybe shorter

The bullet points...

I blame Hird.

Goldsack wont last the year ey!?? Doesn't sound good about howe! Our new recruits always seem to be injured
AFL+Rd+3+Collingwood+v+St+Kilda+lw9dP0SbvX1l.jpg

For the short term I think we can safely say that it will only get medium over the longer term

Remove this Banner Ad

Back