Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it would be stupid for him to interfere with the ball so that has to be taken into consideration when trying to make up a reason as to why some pretty inconclusive footage is somehow automatic proof of ball tampering.

If a golfer is accused of cheating with no conclusive proof, when he’s two shots behind his nearest rival and 3 ahead of his next one, with a hole to play, do you think that would be factored into the equation differently than assessing the golfer who is one shot behind the leader as they both approach the last fairway with $500k on the line? Of course it would be. Because to make any accusation you have to establish context, motive, and evidence.

So far you have half of one of those: distant, obscured footage of a guy rubbing a ball.

Sorry to point it out to you but that’s not evidence of cheating.
I didn't say it was evidence of cheating, I said it could be.

Dismissing it because it would be stupid is ridiculous. All cheating is stupid.

It's like eye gouging in football where there is no reason for someone's hands and fingers to be around another's face and eyes.

Again .. dismissing something because it would be stupid is stupid itself

If I was Head, based on the past 2 Australian summers I thought I was a safe bet. Played 2 crucial counterattacking innings in the past 2 seasons that saved in the innings which led to wins.

You can say his away form is spotty but you decide to keep Warner in the side anyway... double standards...

I didn't say it was evidence of cheating, I said it could be.

Dismissing it because it would be stupid is ridiculous. All cheating is stupid.

It's like eye gouging in football where there is no reason for someone's hands and fingers to be around another's face and eyes.

Again .. dismissing something because it would be stupid is stupid itself

Yes of course it COULD be. He also could not be and his nationality shouldn’t really have anything to do with that.

Yes of course it COULD be. He also could not be and his nationality shouldn’t really have anything to do with that.
Ummm ok.

I don't recall saying he might have ball tampered because he's Indian...

Indians have hardly been impartial to their fair share of cheating but that's hardly been used as evidence.

What is suspicious is getting something from another player then working on the ball.

If that was Australia people would be up in arms ... but like I said earlier I've been assured on social media by Indians that they don't cheat in any way, so you have to take that as gospel

Ummm ok.

Indians have hardly been impartial to their fair share of cheating but that's hardly been used as evidence.

What is suspicious is getting something from another player then working on the ball.

If that was Australia people would be up in arms ... but like I said earlier I've been assured on social media by Indians that they don't cheat in any way, so you have to take that as gospel

Didn’t you literally say he can get away with it because the BCCI runs the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Warner in his last 25 innings averages 29, surpassing 50 four times. This average is skewed slightly by his 200 v a terrible South Africa at home, without that he has an average of 22 in the last 2 years.

Over his Career, he averages 22 in India.

He is 36 years old.

His continued selection is absolutely FARCICAL. There can be no more justification for it, there can be no more bullshit statements of "he's a champion and we're gonna back him in to turn it around".

His test career for Australia should be over as soon as this test is finished. He is done.

Hard to find too many positives from that effort. Carey looked good (until he didn't), Smith and Marnus looked great but were both soft dismissals. Murphy looked to have a much better idea of an ideal length than Lyon.

Plenty of cricket still to be played, but at this stage it's looking like our second test in a row partially lost by Cummins, Bailey and McDonald completely misreading conditions and selecting accordingly.

Handscomb for Head in particular feels like a panic stations call without a huge amount of justification, particularly given the multiple second chances granted Warner over 20 months of barely laying bat on ball.

Ummm ok.

Exactly. Phatboy made it about race.
Cheating doesn't care what colour skin you have.

Back