Recommitted Brad Crouch [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

You been to Adelaide? Nothing for the star players to spend their cash on
Adelaide Hills, McLaren, Limestone, Barossa
I would have the best cellar if i was an AFL player living there.
plus, you go into politics after that for a few years and secure yourself a decent pension.
Job done..

Bock - Cash
Davis - Cash (even he said so)
Tippett - Cash/Dog act.
Gunston - technically we dislodged him, then screwed it up. He was young and wanted home.
Dangerfield - Cryb...i mean Cash....nah. Crybaby works. I hope the crows win a flag this year

i imagine the culture at Adelaide is pretty decent.

Well here's how I see it:

Bock - Definitely left for cash. Didn't actually hurt us all that much. Was nearing the end. Expansion club raid
Davis - Left for probably 2-3x the amount we were willing to pay. Fair enough. Seems like an okay guy, don't blame him. Expansion club raid
Tippett - Piece of s**t. Could have stayed and we wanted him to stay, but left for slightly more money. And we had just made a Prelim.
Gunston - Piece of s**t. Left without warning because he hated Adelaide (the place) and didn't like playing reserves (even when his form didn't warrant AFL selection). Self absorbed flog that couldn't wait to return home
Dangerfield - Partial s**t. Loved Adelaide and the club, but ultimately wanted to go home and have largely the same life around family. I guess when you're that good you can do whatever you like.

Every single star player could come up with reasons such as those to leave their club, but if they really buy into the club/culture they'll usually stay.

Maybe it is just bad luck that Adelaide has lost so many gun players. I think it's more likely that the club itself has something to do with it. Not saying their culture is bad (I certainly wouldn't know). There's just no evidence that their culture is great, and there are indications that it's not great.
If anything, you should be questioning our list management with our inability to re-sign stars when new expansion teams were coming into the market - we were one of maybe a couple of clubs at best that lost players to both teams (think maybe the Dogs? Not sure anyone else did). Gunston possibly was a stuff up due to not playing enough or whatever but I think Dangerfield was always destined to go. If the culture is s**t, you don't bother rocking up to the B&F of the club you've already decided you'll be leaving do you?

After what happened last year, if the culture was s**t the club would have turned to rabble. Instead we had a decent crack last year when no one would have blamed them if they just went to s**t and we've again come back stronger this season, that's got to be player driven which stems from a good culture imo.

Cameron, Hartigan, Walker, Jenkins, Atkins, Laird, Sloane, McGovern all low picks or low pick trades or rookies.

Sloane at 30 odd the highest pick out of that bunch I believe.

You have been good developers of talent over the years. When were you last "in contention" by the way?
As a genuine one? Probably 05/06

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about our first and third for your first and crouch? Maybe add in our future third as well?
That values Crouch at about 19 which I still feel is a bit under his value, especially as he is now building some good form.

I'd possibly consider Crouch and our third for your first (if and only if Crouch wants to go), but giving up Crouch for a first round upgrade and a third round pick doesn't really excite me (as I'm sure losing your place in the first round doesn't excite you).

Crouch for your first would be acceptable, if he keeps improving the way he has (which he will).
We lack talent still. Even bringing in crouch we really don't want to be without a first and second pick. Would our first third and future second for crouch and your first be acceptable or is that still under?

We lack talent still. Even bringing in crouch we really don't want to be without a first and second pick. Would our first third and future second for crouch and your first be acceptable or is that still under?
We wouldn't give up both Crouch and our first in the same deal under any circumstances, I don't reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back