Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

So? Using the AA team is laughable.

Max didn't get the credit he deserves this season because of how poor his teammates were this year.

Would the players MVP votes work? The coaches award votes work or pretty much any other award that people in the game of afl vote on do?

I think I’ll take their word over some guy on BF talking about he didn’t get credit because of his team mates

This trade never made sense from Preuss’s side. Went from North who has Goldstein that is near retirement to a team with the second best ruck in the competition who is fit enough to tuck 95% of the game.

The only possible reason is money
From the outside that looks to be the case but perhaps there were no other clubs that were interested in him and dont rate him as a ruckman in todays game
He is only a tap ruckman with nothing els to offer.

He virtually went for nothing to melbourne and if there were other clubs then he certainly would have jumped at the chance to become #1 ruck.

So? Using the AA team is laughable.

Max didn't get the credit he deserves this season because of how poor his teammates were this year.
Grundy was better than Gawn this year. No doubt about it.

Anyway, this trade was a typical ‘lose-lose’.
Both clubs ended up with ordinary players that made their respective clubs no better.

Grundy was better than Gawn this year. No doubt about it.

Anyway, this trade was a typical ‘lose-lose’.
Both clubs ended up with ordinary players that made their respective clubs no better.
Disagree. This was a win for the dees. Traded out a fringe mid for a ready made backup ruck in case Gawn goes down.

Shocking choice by Preuss himself to move though.

Disagree. This was a win for the dees. Traded out a fringe mid for a ready made backup ruck in case Gawn goes down.

Shocking choice by Preuss himself to move though.

They obviously sold him the prospect of playing forward and relief ruckman under the new rules. I doubt he went to Melbourne to be a VFL player as a backup to Gawn if we was injured.

Something the Melbourne Footy Club got wrong again. They are best off trading him to GWS or whoever needs a ruckman. At least get something for him because he has shown he can’t play as a forward.

They obviously sold him the prospect of playing forward and relief ruckman under the new rules. I doubt he went to Melbourne to be a VFL player as a backup to Gawn if we was injured.

Something the Melbourne Footy Club got wrong again. They are best off trading him to GWS or whoever needs a ruckman. At least get something for him because he has shown he can’t play as a forward.
Agree. Absolute liability anywhere except #1 ruck.

If they promised him game time as a 2nd ruck then it's poor. Still, they've got good insurance for peanuts. Would be in his best interest to move on again.

But Ruckwork is more than just taping the ball down to his feet

He does well in the VFL because he is just so huge and strong for VFL ruckman but at Afl level he is not that good or smart as his taps are easily read by opponents and he offers nothing els once the ball is tapped down.

Just have to look at the best 5 Ruckman in the game and see why they are so good and its not because they just get an advantage in height and tap the ball to their feet.

Just for the record and it is the record.....

North were going to delist Preuss, sometimes players are de-listed even if they're seen as the second option should an injury occur to their first choice.

So when the Dees offered up Tyson North took it as a freebie, now I'm not saying we got it wrong or right, just that's what happened.

There is a lot of rubbish in this thread.

Preuss has shown a tremendous amount in the very few AFL games he has played. Easily more than most ruckman do in their first 50 games. Whatever deficiencies you think you see are irrelevant, considering his inexperience. His ruckwork is solid and he has incredible tackling ability for a big bloke, and has shown he can push forward to kick goals. Combine that with his age and it’s pretty obvious that he won’t be playing VFL much longer (one way or another)

There is a lot of rubbish in this thread.

Preuss has shown a tremendous amount in the very few AFL games he has played. Easily more than most ruckman do in their first 50 games. Whatever deficiencies you think you see are irrelevant, considering his inexperience. His ruckwork is solid and he has incredible tackling ability for a big bloke, and has shown he can push forward to kick goals. Combine that with his age and it’s pretty obvious that he won’t be playing VFL much longer (one way or another)
Incredible tackling ability ?? Wow
Age ? 24 years old he's not 20/21
Inexperience ? Been in the system since 2014 draft 5 years
Push foward to kick goal ? Really 0.5 goals a game being played 2nd ruck/fwd

Nice write up though can you sell my car

I find it super werid how you keep passionately posting hate on this dude.

No relevance to Richmond. The trade was not one sided in his favour. Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out his stats, he's only played 15 games and already has averages of tackles, goals, hitouts and contested marks above average for ruckmen in the AFL. His last 4 games (all losses with Melbourne where he played limited ruck) drag those averages down too. I'm not saying he's amazing, but he's a level above VFL.

And yes his tackling ability is fantastic:

I don't know what brought you to a thread about a player who isn't at your club, isn't going to be at your club, and who you know nothing about.

Check out his stats, he's only played 15 games and already has averages of tackles, goals, hitouts and contested marks above average for ruckmen in the AFL. His last 4 games (all losses with Melbourne where he played limited ruck) drag those averages down too. I'm not saying he's amazing, but he's a level above VFL.

And yes his tackling ability is fantastic:

I don't know what brought you to a thread about a player who isn't at your club, isn't going to be at your club, and who you know nothing about.

I can tell you now that i have seen him play more than you , I go to alot of VFL games and have seen him play 5/6 Afl games
You dont have a clue about Ruckwork if you think he is anything more than just an average ruck thats way bigger stroger than his opponent.

Also regarding that video you posted , If you believe a giant grabbing a bloke by his legs and lifting him up to slam him isnto the ground is a good tackle then you know SFA

What brings me to this thread ? Go back 12 months or even more as i have always been here

I find it super werid how you keep passionately posting hate on this dude.

No relevance to Richmond. The trade was not one sided in his favour. Why?
I dont rate him as a ruckman and watched him many times and the crap people keep posting about how good a ruckman he is amazes me , He clearly was not good enough to be a 1st ruck at many clubs as they had no interest apart from melbourne who just wanted him as a backup. There was a GWS supporter earlier in this thread that was touting Preuss was worth a 1st rounder and a bunch of north supporters who were all asking for similar but have all since gone.

This bloke can play and is a giant but is simply not Sandilands or anywhere near top 5-10 type ruckman at AFL level
Just a good VFL ruckman due to his size and strength

I dont rate him as a ruckman and watched him many times and the crap people keep posting about how good a ruckman he is amazes me , He clearly was not good enough to be a 1st ruck at many clubs as they had no interest apart from melbourne who just wanted him as a backup. There was a GWS supporter earlier in this thread that was touting Preuss was worth a 1st rounder and a bunch of north supporters who were all asking for similar but have all since gone.

This bloke can play and is a giant but is simply not Sandilands or anywhere near top 5-10 type ruckman at AFL level
Just a good VFL ruckman due to his size and strength

You're underrating him, he needs experience but he definitely has the ability to play at AFL level.

He beat Kreuzer when he replaced Gawn.

I have been meaning to get back to this thread for a while now but as most of you gents can understand the celebrations after another premiership have taken a while to get over.

But just went back a few pages to see some of the rubbish that was posted about Ivaan Soldo by some people who have been around these parts for a while and should have known better who went above and beyond their usual comments to tell us how great Preusss was and Soldo was the biggest spud and we should not dare to compare. Well Ivan Soldo had a magnificent finals series and is now a Premiership Ruckman and just wanted to see if any of the people bagging him want to continue their comparisons

So Nankervis and spuds/young talls.
Like most team you’re in big trouble if Nank goes down
Soldo is very average I don't know why anyone would try and argue otherwise.
Are you really trying to argue Soldo isn’t a spud?
I said spuds OR young players, I’m not calling a 19 year old I’ve never watched a spud. Saw plenty of Soldo at afl level in 2017 and VFL in 2018, he is no good.
Save your excuses for the Soldo thread. 43-13.
Maybe start that Soldo thread. He sounds amazing.
Mate every ruckman on an AFL list over 200cm "dominates" the VFL. 20 year old Sam Draper at Essendon averaged 40 HO once he got given the number one ruck spot in the Essendon VFL.

Soldo is very average.
Why are we discussing a bog average VFL player?

Ivan Soldo?? Really??
Who is Ivan Soldo?

Sounds like a Bond villain.
Agree - apart from the Tigers who having the next Simon Madden in Ivan Soldo - Preuss would have been a very good 2nd ruck at most clubs.
He looked much better than Soldo.
Please tell me these are not the stats of your number 1 ruckman.

fu** me you would want to get Nankervis back in the side quick smart, if that is the case.
Soldo didn't ruck that well against Preuss last night.
And my point was to show how hopeless Soldo is at AFL level.
Just like Soldo.

Oh wait.
I suspect your attack on Preuss is to deflect attention away from Ivan Soldo. His latest performance against Max and Braydon was the most inept and laughable ruck display in recent memory. They brushed Soldo aside like a fly and Chol was actually more competitive - Hitouts: Max 26 + Preuss 17 vs Soldo 14 + Chol 6. Soldo had 1 mark and 0 contested marks for the night and his single highlight was his toe-poke goal from a woefully short throw in the forward pocket.

I have been meaning to get back to this thread for a while now but as most of you gents can understand the celebrations after another premiership have taken a while to get over.

But just went back a few pages to see some of the rubbish that was posted about Ivaan Soldo by some people who have been around these parts for a while and should have known better who went above and beyond their usual comments to tell us how great Preusss was and Soldo was the biggest spud and we should not dare to compare. Well Ivan Soldo had a magnificent finals series and is now a Premiership Ruckman and just wanted to see if any of the people bagging him want to continue their comparisons
Still not good enough to have his own thread

Your crusade to make Soldo relevant to this thread is hilarious. Soldo remains a very limited AFL footballer.
So tell me .......... How is Phillips going ?

Soldo as i have stated now for 2 years is going to be a better Ruckman than not only Preuss but many others and at 23 years old already has reached the highest level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back