Brent Harvey - Let's get serious

Remove this Banner Ad

Get the chip off your shoulder and quit trying to patronise me to make yourself feel intelligent. It isn't working.

The way it works is that the umpires vote on the award, so regardless whether you feel someone else is better is really irrelevant. At that particular point in time, votes were given a certain way. Since 2000 I'd be pretty happy with the winners and I'd say they got them right. Woewodin and Cooney haven't had great careers but hey, they obviously had great seasons.

Don't bother responding if you're going to come back with a sarcastic or patronising retort to inflate your own self opinion at the expense of what I have explained simply enough for you.

Are you honestly trying to argue that Woewodin was the best player in 2000? Similar to Cooney coming from nowhere in 2008 to pinch it off GAJ, Woewodin came from nowhere and pinched it from Kouta.

Its not like Martin pipping Dangerfield at the post, as was the case this year. Martin and Dangerfield both had stellar seasons and maybe a bit of luck with the voting. Cats fans are salty, but Martin truly was terrific and a deserved winner. If it went the other way and Dangerfield won it, again, would've been a deserved winner.

Woewodin and Cooney are two very lucky footballers. No one, not even the most one eyed Demons and Bulldogs supporters saw that coming. And for good reason. They were nowhere near the best footballers of their respective years.

Comes across as an absolute campaigner of a bloke

On field, absolutely. White line fever, and he passed it onto Thomas. Couldn't meet two nicer blokes away from the field.

Are you honestly trying to argue that Woewodin was the best player in 2000? Similar to Cooney coming from nowhere in 2008 to pinch it off GAJ, Woewodin came from nowhere and pinched it from Kouta.

Its not like Martin pipping Dangerfield at the post, as was the case this year. Martin and Dangerfield both had stellar seasons and maybe a bit of luck with the voting. Cats fans are salty, but Martin truly was terrific and a deserved winner. If it went the other way and Dangerfield won it, again, would've been a deserved winner.

Woewodin and Cooney are two very lucky footballers. No one, not even the most one eyed Demons and Bulldogs supporters saw that coming. And for good reason. They were nowhere near the best footballers of their respective years.
I didn't say that

Brent Harvey. A name that just doesn't get discussed when talking about 'champions'. Sure we hear Hird, Voss, Buckley and to a lesser extent Harvey, Crawford, Cousins etc, but why does this guy never seem to come into the conversations of champions? Let's look at his stats.

432 games for 518 goals. Second in the clubs history.

4x AA
5x Club B&F
North Melbourne team of the century
Premiership player

These statistics are unrivalled for a midfielder. His CV is unbelievable. There is absolutely no question he deserves to be in the top 5 midfielders of our game over the last 20 years.

Longevity demands respect but its regularly over rated when champions are being discussed, in fact the use of champion/legend is regularly over used. Champion of North no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back