Toby Greene- let’s show some love

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of fascinating responses, none making any sense.

Greene is not a suitable AA captain: his past actions are atrocious and his current captaincy is (according to the players when asked by the AFLPA) behind Bontempelli's: they also rate the Bont the MVP. Bont was also second in the coaches MVP.

Its nice he's not a complete grub any more, he's just a ducking diver who hasn't gouged, stopped or spat on anyone in a few years.

No love from me, or any reasonable person except his mum.

Despite the negativity he receives from many, Toby Greene is the best player of the Finals series so far and the difference between winning and losing against Collingwood. Unless the Pies curtail his efforts they will lose the Preliminary Final.

Greene is not a suitable AA captain: his past actions are atrocious and his current captaincy is (according to the players when asked by the AFLPA) behind Bontempelli's: they also rate the Bont the MVP. Bont was also second in the coaches MVP.

Its nice he's not a complete grub any more, he's just a ducking diver who hasn't gouged, stopped or spat on anyone in a few years.

A pies fan going the morals is something I haven’t ever expected.

Amusing, and brave, choice to go with.

Oh yeah I know!!! It’s just bizarre that a 2023 team would be selected based on 2023 facts and occurrences and events, it’s just mind blowing hey! Boy I just can’t get my head around it.

Who the f*** gives a s**t about the coaches and players awards for another honour selected by a panel of people with no hands on involvement in the clubs

Next you’ll tell me the Queensland state of origin selectors should be using the Dally M awards as their sole criteria next time they name a team and it’s captain and vice captain.

You sound like you’re dealing with this really well. I hope for your sake that Greene irons out 3-4 of your better players and kicks half a dozen this weekend. Your self destruction would be hilarious

Oh yeah I know!!! It’s just bizarre that a 2023 team would be selected based on 2023 facts and occurrences and events, it’s just mind blowing hey! Boy I just can’t get my head around it.

Who the f*** gives a s**t about the coaches and players awards for another honour selected by a panel of people with no hands on involvement in the clubs

Next you’ll tell me the Queensland state of origin selectors should be using the Dally M awards as their sole criteria next time they name a team and it’s captain and vice captain.

You sound like you’re dealing with this really well. I hope for your sake that Greene irons out 3-4 of your better players and kicks half a dozen this weekend. Your self destruction would be hilarious
4-5 would be better

I still don't know how anyone can hate Toby, he's just that good maybe that is the reason. The fact he can play lets say 13 games as a half forward and be EASILY the best in the comp there says it all. He's a star and one I love watching as a nuetral, honestly who cares about a few incidents every player has them.

I still don't know how anyone can hate Toby, he's just that good maybe that is the reason. The fact he can play lets say 13 games as a half forward and be EASILY the best in the comp there says it all. He's a star and one I love watching as a nuetral, honestly who cares about a few incidents every player has them.
I think it’s that and he doesn’t play for a traditional state club.

Someone that good and that would, and has a following, should be on the “big stage”.
How dare he spurn that. 🤣🙄

Last edited:
Riewoldt? Yep.

Hate to know his thoughts on Lynch, Reiwoldt, lets not forget Cotchin whacking Shiel into tomorrow and playing in a GF. Honestly every team has a few that play on the edge,

Wecaim to please. So nothing to justify Greene's AA captaincy?
lol if you say so.

Nothing? Put the club on his back multiple times to drag us to wins.
A club that was picked to be at the bottom.
Beloved by fans except the odd sook who are outraged he has spurned the "heartland".
Bleeds his clubs colours, when supposedly no one cares, not even our own fans.

Your moral outrage would work if you didn't have worse playing in your colours. Far far worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy was the best captain all year, he was the captain of the side many tipped for the bottom 4, they are in a prelim. You are not giving it to Bont who was the leader of a team who completely butchered making the 8, Moore missed a month of footy.

You’ve been shown a heap to justify it.

Just because you have some odd belief that events of 3-4 years ago when he wasn’t captain have something to do with him being named leader of a side that’s never even gonna play a f**ken match and can’t wrap your tiny mind around it doesn’t mean no one has justified it 😂😂😂

You’ve been shown a heap to justify it.

Just because you have some odd belief that events of 3-4 years ago when he wasn’t captain have something to do with him being named leader of a side that’s never even gonna play a f**ken match and can’t wrap your tiny mind around it doesn’t mean no one has justified it 😂😂😂

Do love how he hasn't given an alternative to the captain. People lose their collective minds over AA teams and captains when they are purely and simply just reward for the season that's it.

Greene is the Leigh Matthews of this era. Some people never forgave matthews his criminal act on Bruns, but most have

Easy was the best captain all year, he was the captain of the side many tipped for the bottom 4, they are in a prelim. You are not giving it to Bont who was the leader of a team who completely butchered making the 8, Moore missed a month of footy.
Greene missed a fortnight, Bontempelli played every game if you feel getting injured matters.

In 2023 GWS has 9 top 10 draft picks on their list even after dumping so many last year. Footscray has 6. Footscray have an objectively less talented list. Prior to the season Footscray were rated as having the second toughest draw, GWS the fifth.

Not the best captain by any objective measure. If we're going by feeeeeelings, well I feel like he's not a great captain.

Do love how he hasn't given an alternative to the captain. People lose their collective minds over AA teams and captains when they are purely and simply just reward for the season that's it.
I've given 4 other current and former captains plus Tom Stewart (a noted leader at geelong) as alternatives, all of them in the AA squad, and all with cleaner records and less talented lists.

The outstanding candidate is the Bont.

Greene is the Leigh Matthews of this era. Some people never forgave matthews his criminal act on Bruns, but most have
Please watch some footy. Matthews has multiple B&Fs, has Greene won one? Matthews has Colemans and premiership medallions. he wasn't that good of a captain but he led a flag side, so he;s miles ahead of Greene in every way.

Greene missed a fortnight, Bontempelli played every game if you feel getting injured matters.
I would say getting your squad to finals matters. Also the club was expected to be at the bottom compared to the dogs expected to make finals.
In 2023 GWS has 9 top 10 draft picks on their list even after dumping so many last year. Footscray has 6. Footscray have an objectively less talented list. Prior to the season Footscray were rated as having the second toughest draw, GWS the fifth.
You are including Hogan in this arent you.
Thats before you get to what everyone thought of some of those 1st rounders the last few years.
Not the best captain by any objective measure. If we're going by feeeeeelings, well I feel like he's not a great captain.
By far and away the best captain. More than a feeling too.
I've given 4 other current and former captains plus Tom Stewart (a noted leader at geelong) as alternatives, all of them in the AA squad, and all with cleaner records and less talented lists.
You really are hilarious.
Clean? bahahahahahahahaha

lol if you say so.

Nothing? Put the club on his back multiple times to drag us to wins.
A club that was picked to be at the bottom.
Beloved by fans except the odd sook who are outraged he has spurned the "heartland".
Bleeds his clubs colours, when supposedly no one cares, not even our own fans.

Your moral outrage would work if you didn't have worse playing in your colours. Far far worse.
Feelings. He's not beloved by fans they boo him all the time. He's beloved by commentators and a few anonymous poster who spruik him relentlessly.

Anything concrete?

I mean he improved his own performance from last year when he killed his coaches career with his captaincy. He's stopped gouging opponents, or at least he hasn't been caught recently.

Plenty of fantastic players at GWS, Whitfield is well known as a fair and brilliant player, Coniglio and Kelly are dominant mids who every club would like to steal. Thye coach has worked wonders to take a demoralised bunch and make finals despite Vic bias and without the massive salary cap Sheedy and Cameron enjoyed.

How good is Hogan? Riccardi and Cadman will be guns if they aren't already. I love that Keefe is still playing, he was a fav at the Pies and I know the family a little bit, he's a soldier.

We see you mate, you've got a great team in.

Feelings. He's not beloved by fans they boo him all the time. He's beloved by commentators and a few anonymous poster who spruik him relentlessly.

Anything concrete?

I mean he improved his own performance from last year when he killed his coaches career with his captaincy. He's stopped gouging opponents, or at least he hasn't been caught recently.

Plenty of fantastic players at GWS, Whitfield is well known as a fair and brilliant player, Coniglio and Kelly are dominant mids who every club would like to steal. Thye coach has worked wonders to take a demoralised bunch and make finals despite Vic bias and without the massive salary cap Sheedy and Cameron enjoyed.

How good is Hogan? Riccardi and Cadman will be guns if they aren't already. I love that Keefe is still playing, he was a fav at the Pies and I know the family a little bit, he's a soldier.

We see you mate, you've got a great team in.
jesus you are doing a hell of a job rewriting peoples, and the medias thoughts from 6 months ago and before.

By any measure. Except results. Just results. I mean they don’t really count, but yeah, just results.

Cleaner record bahahahahahahaha

Next you’ll start citing their school reports 😂😂😂

But apart from that you essentially like him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back