Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
This guy is the best small forward in the league by a mile and has been for the last 5 years let’s show him some love, he is always the man coming in for the clutch win. Opened his career getting 35 plus now regularly getting 25 and 4+.
What a player. ( some may not like his personality but let’s put that aside).

This guy is the best small forward in the league by a mile and has been for the last 5 years let’s show him some love, he is always the man coming in for the clutch win. Opened his career getting 35 plus now regularly getting 25 and 4+.

Look I hate to be that guy but I don’t think he’s had 25 and 4 since Round 1, 2018. He’s played 80 games since.

Can play though

He has only once ever got 25 and 4 or better. He has got 20 and 4 a number of times, including today.

He is a very good small forward. He is not a mile better than Cameron nor is he a mile better than Breust nor Papley nor Kozi nor Bolton.

He has only once ever got 25 and 4 or better. He has got 20 and 4 a number of times, including today.

He is a very good small forward. He is not a mile better than Cameron nor is he a mile better than Breust nor Papley nor Kozi nor Bolton.
Well he is a mile better than all of those players, they are good but they are not at his level especially kozi how is he even in the conversation.

No one has ever denied his talent, it's his attitude that sucked

Looks like he's finally grown up a bit though

Toby is my favourite non-lions player. His attitude is part of what makes him great and enjoyable to watch.

I actually admire he's sticking at GWS (lets face it he'd be a walk up start to any other team). But when he was doing s**t like brushing past the umpire at 1/4 time, it wasn't a good look

I completely agree on him sticking at GWS. He has become the face of the club and is their first defining player and superstar.

However, it would also be fitting for him to come to Carlton to finish his career. Would be something fitting if he could be finally be the GWS player who wins Carlton a premiership. Would be an absurdly good fit, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would pick him ahead of Dangerfield & Martin if you could pick one knowing what was to come.

Greene has the skill-set and compact body to keep playing at a supreme level well into his 30's.
Absolute champion!
He is younger than Danger and Martin no mistake he is playing better right now but would you trade their careers for Toby Greene? no

I completely agree on him sticking at GWS. He has become the face of the club and is their first defining player and superstar.

However, it would also be fitting for him to come to Carlton to finish his career. Would be something fitting if he could be finally be the GWS player who wins Carlton a premiership. Would be an absurdly good fit, too.
No it wouldn't :p

He is younger than Danger and Martin no mistake he is playing better right now but would you trade their careers for Toby Greene? no

Yes I would.
He has played out most of his career for a disenchanted organisation and he has been their greatest ever player.

Danger and Martin are freaks but Greene is a complete footballer. His only weakness is the occasional undisciplined acts.

Had he played for Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond . . . his name be of higher standing in the game.

I’d take Fritz any day of the week, Toby more versatile but when it comes to kicking goals Fritz is king.

Also, by a mile? FMD.

Yes I know I butchered the spelling.

Last edited:
I’d take Fritz any day of the week, Toby more versatile but when it comes to kicking goals Fritz is king.

He can't get his own footy when his team aren't doing well.
Thrives when Dees are up and about.

GWS need a spark, Greene goes onto the ball. They need a goal, he's always delivering.
In the discussion for all time small fowards.

He can't get his own footy when his team aren't doing well.
Thrives when Dees are up and about.

GWS need a spark, Greene goes onto the ball. They need a goal, he's always delivering.
In the discussion for all time small fowards.
As I said Green is more versatile, ‘but’ when it comes to kicking goals….

And most medium/small forwards struggle when they don’t get supply.

He has always had abilty, it was his attitude when he was younger that turned people off.
I find that the older he has got, the more i tend to like him and appreciate what he does.
He is growing as a leader and good on him for evolving, another string to his bow.
Greene is a star! Certainly considered one of the best small-medium forwards.

Check up on what exactly? OP stated small forward, look at the stats stool.
He is more than stats he is a game winner sometimes plays as the main marking target sometimes pushes up and wins centre clearances then sometimes is an amazing ground level player, Fritsch is good Toby is great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back