Toby Greene- let’s show some love

Remove this Banner Ad

More clangers than goal involvements, and had a chance to at least level the game and bottled it with minutes to go. The really big players in AFL folklore take those chances.

Invisible for extended periods of the game. I'm really disappointed in him again.
Taranto broke the all time record for most clangers per game this season, what a spud

Lol@ social media generation crack, the Giants are sprained like no other. #tobyGreeneIsntAFrobtBottom trends and the drones lap it up.

Greene kicked two skillful goals and chased frees. He had his head ripped off more than once and wasn't paid, the big one he bent the knee so stfu, and like Ginnivan as a known ducker he gets less than others: that's his own fault.

Compare with rookie captain Moore who dominated the defence: he took risks, smashed contests, showed skill and poise, and was directing the defence against the better performed Giants mids who had us under siege for over a half. Utterly fair, gets stick because some cavemen feel attracted to his hair or something.

Moore is not the best captain around but a better leader on the night.

Another great game by him 10 cm off kicking the winning goal from the pocket and a few crucial touches had the most score involvements and an amazing season. Hats off to Toby.

Fair effort by Maynard as well would of held apt of players goalless who don’t have the smarts and touches of Toby, Maynard definitely gives it his all every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what you want to see from your captain. You can see how much the club means to him in just that minute.
I fell in love with this club early, tonight gutted me (wish you all the best in the GF) more than I could of thought.

But when you see our legend, our captain, this broken after a loss. It makes me love this club even more.

So damn proud of everyone who wears our colours.

Absolute gun. Has that aura that anything he touches is dangerous. Needs the slightest of moments to make something happen.

Feel like Captaining the team has done wonders. Love his direction to the younger Giants.

Against another team but the pies , would’ve been rooting for them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol@ social media generation crack, the Giants are sprained like no other. #tobyGreeneIsntAFrobtBottom trends and the drones lap it up.

Greene kicked two skillful goals and chased frees. He had his head ripped off more than once and wasn't paid, the big one he bent the knee so stfu, and like Ginnivan as a known ducker he gets less than others: that's his own fault.

Compare with rookie captain Moore who dominated the defence: he took risks, smashed contests, showed skill and poise, and was directing the defence against the better performed Giants mids who had us under siege for over a half. Utterly fair, gets stick because some cavemen feel attracted to his hair or something.

Moore is not the best captain around but a better leader on the night.
* you.

But good luck in the GF

Only 2 marks for the game. Howe had ten with at least 3 of them directly against TG

Pies defenders did well quelling that part of his game.
Who'd have thought a small forward would be outmarked by a medium-tall defender, often outnumbered with high balls coming in. Mind-boggling.

It's strange that as a culture in 2023, everyone is told to be accepting of people with diverse personalities and non-conformist mindsets, yet that doesn't extend to young men who play the game in a different way or have a different approach to footy. I've seen it with my club with De Goey and Maynard, and then also Grundy whenever he was down on form.

Toby Greene has a different way of going about his footy life, and seems to get crucified for it. Different players like Toby should be embraced and celebrated rather than ostracised.

Absolute star and would love him at my club. Seems genuine and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back