Opinion Bring back normal length quarters or leave them as they are?

Remove this Banner Ad

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
3 quarters in its already s**t, we want more footy

back to normal length next week. no reason to have short quarters now unless our government does something stupid like letting the dumb * american's back in next week

if something bad happens like coronas 2.0 or au v nz war, just change it back at the end of the round when it looks like the country is going to s**t again

Last edited:

Play a full season under the same rules

If we lengthen the quarters, make round 1 and 2 null and void,

this season is already a null and void joke dude. doesn't matter what changes week to week. afl already changes umpire interpretations that decide games week to week anyway

Blokes were all absolutely gassed in the 4th quarter there. Would’ve hated to see the quality in a normal length match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blokes were all absolutely gassed in the 4th quarter there. Would’ve hated to see the quality in a normal length match.
Thats when the game opens up a bit more and we get the scoring.

Short quarters are the worst variation to the game since I have been alive. Absolute crap.

What is the real logic behind them this year?

I have no idea why some in the media try and spruik shortened quarters. Who wants less footy? I know when I'm at the game watching my club I never think "oh I wish this was shorter".

It also will make some of the rare fun things about our game impossible. Double figure goal games. 40+ possessions games. No chance for any 100 goal seasons.

I know they are very slim chances anyway however least they are a slim chance.

The quicker the shortened quarters are gone the better.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Thats when the game opens up a bit more and we get the scoring.

Short quarters are the worst variation to the game since I have been alive. Absolute crap.

What is the real logic behind them this year?
100% agree. The first 10 minutes of every quarter is a tussle. The last 5 is when the scoring happens. Literally denied us the best bits of the game.

Wouldn’t less game time equal less ads ?

the broadcasters have been after shorter quarters for ages. It allows them to schedule their ads in more consistently i believe. As opposed to games where you might get alot of advertising time vs ones with a smaller amount.

I think also potentially they have alot of drop off in ratings when a team is getting flogged, so they'd rather minimize it.

its just like Cricket Australia are always stealth pushing 4 day tests.

this season is already a null and void joke dude. doesn't matter what changes week to week. afl already changes umpire interpretations that decide games week to week anyway

No matter how extraordinary the circumstances are, don’t think they can be changing game length once the season has started. It’s not great but it’s what we’re playing with for the year.

It would have opened up so it wasn't a 100% defensive slugfest.

Players will always be gassed at the end no matter how long the game is. Make it 5 minute quarters and players will simply run harder and cover more ground, and they'll be just as ****ed at full time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back