Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same bloke who blew the whistle on us in 1990. Who needs enemies when we have friends like these.
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer theory. But at some point you have to knock off your enemies.

Yes FFS get a move on Richardson , we will be starting the season with still no outcome at this rate!
Richo can't do much if the AFL Commission don't give the club a hearing.

There never is a commission meeting in January.

Last edited:
Perhaps a decision is already made (in the background) maybe the AFL will just announce it in the lead up to the game time being announced for Rnd 8? I gather it will only be our home game not both.
Nope, there's NOTHING atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My fear is that the club has put this in the 'mission accomplished more-or-less' basket.
Worn for just our home Showdown is/was always the most likely option with our current off-field setup. They might now understand the PB's mean lots to the clubs fans, but it doesn't really to them. We've been too long a club that acts as if 'Do a favour, get one in return' actually works in the AFL, despite all evidence to the contrary.

I've said all along this "we're waiting for the opportunity to present our case" is not good enough.
There are always AFL issues in the spotlight eg today we have AFLW teams quarantined and Collingwood's racism report, next week will be something else.
We had the opportunity to push it when the petition was up and running and clearly visible in concert with everyone seeing the strip in action....we didn't and now it's like once again a non-issue for the club.
The only time they seem to care about it is when they do a limited release at the Port store to make some easy quick cash.

I've said all along this "we're waiting for the opportunity to present our case" is not good enough.
There are always AFL issues in the spotlight eg today we have AFLW teams quarantined and Collingwood's racism report, next week will be something else.
We had the opportunity to push it when the petition was up and running and clearly visible in concert with everyone seeing the strip in action....we didn't and now it's like once again a non-issue for the club.
The only time they seem to care about it is when they do a limited release at the Port store to make some easy quick cash.
Indeed it’s all ‘sounding like’ things are going backwards. Standing still, going backwards, same same.

I was taught: “If you hear nothing, assume nothing is happening.”

This, on top of Hinkley’s uncalled-for premature extension a la 2015, adds up to a ‘beware - quicksand’ feel.

But, then, I’m farther away than I’ve ever been.

Ok then, looks like we will have to get back to putting pressure on the AFL as it’s all gone quiet.

What ideas do people have for events through the year to raise awareness?

1. A black and white night of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back