Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people here own a Prison Bar guernsey? I’m sure plenty of us would’ve reflex-purchased the 2014 EF edition 12 seconds after it went on sale.

Maybe we should all #BarUp together (lol this is destined to become the next Red Bull joke) at the first home game as a show of support.

At the Bar of course.
I own a Maggies lace up bought from George Fiachi.

#barup

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

How many people here own a Prison Bar guernsey? I’m sure plenty of us would’ve reflex-purchased the 2014 EF edition 12 seconds after it went on sale.

Maybe we should all #BarUp together (lol this is destined to become the next Red Bull joke) at the first home game as a show of support.

At the Bar of course.

Standard kit alternating with the members names PB for me.

article-0-1DDC1A7700000578-287_634x527.jpg

I voted yes, but I don't have a lot of faith that our current regime could get it done even for our 150th celebrations.

I have got to the stage that I wouldn't argue against taking the PB's out of the sanfl, because seeing numerous undersized blokes getting their arses handed to them on a plate by suburban B graders every week, with little to no support from a number of mature AFL listed players who should be much better than that comp doesn't float my boat either, and I can't see that changing greatly next season, but maybe I'm just a grumpy old campaigner! :rolleyes:

Agree that the hashtag is probably only internet suitable. What would you propose?

On a serious note this does need to be addressed. It’s all fun and games when it’s just a bunch of dudes on an internet forum making penis jokes, but #BarUp is not really appropriate for women and kids especially.

If we want this to become a public campaign then we need to do better.

There's little point worrying about obstacles until there is a clear agenda or need. Binary choices are essential at this stage (you only need to look back to the Republic vote).

Detail is then thrashed out afterwards.
#BarUp

If anyone learns anything from Brexit it's that offering binary choices without detail are a cockup waiting to be cocked up by ********s. It's exactly why I made the comment about you not being a "push poller". I don't believe you actually want to push people into voting "yes" by shamescaring them from voting "no".

Because I don't agree that the PB should be our "home colours", but I do agree it should be ours to wear when we see fit.

My choice is to vote YES for something I don't fully agree with or vote NO which is against what I would like to see happen.

^^^^bloody well put.

Yes, the bloody detail should also voted on, another thing Brexiteers are hurriedly shoving under the carpet, but binary choices up front eliminate many possible end states from ever being voted on.

I don't want the PB as our home strip. I do want it acknowledged and allowed as a special occasion strip of ours. I'd prefer that we together with the AFL had sole approval rights on when to wear it, as per any other game, with no other club specially privileged in the point decisions. I hate feeling forced to voting "no" to the question as you put it.

If what you wanted was for this initial vote to set a starting position for negotiations - to find out "we the people" wanted out of the set of possibilities and how strongly they felt - I suggest you'd word the question and enumerate the options differently.

On a serious note this does need to be addressed. It’s all fun and games when it’s just a bunch of dudes on an internet forum making penis jokes, but #BarUp is not really appropriate for women and kids especially.

If we want this to become a public campaign then we need to do better.

Since we're talking prison bars, how about

#LockUsUp

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I don't agree that the PB should be our "home colours", but I do agree it should be ours to wear when we see fit.

My choice is to vote YES for something I don't fully agree with or vote NO which is against what I would like to see happen.

Then your vote is no, and there's not really anything wrong with that.

As chiwigi says, too many options muddies the waters at this point. We're trying to show that a huge proportion of Port Adelaide people want the Prison Bar guernsey as the home guernsey right now, before any sort of campaign has been launched.

We don't need a poll to tell us that Port Adelaide people want to wear the prison bars more. It'd have about overwhelming support. If you want to punch someone in the face, aim for the back of his head. The best way to wear the Prison Bars more is to demand to wear them all the time.

You'd absolutely be able to convert more people with a well run campaign with a simple premise. If you'd conducted a poll like this half way through the 2nd quarter of the 2014 Elimination Final you'd have gotten about 106% support.

Then your vote is no, and there's not really anything wrong with that.

As chiwigi says, too many options muddies the waters at this point. We're trying to show that a huge proportion of Port Adelaide people want the Prison Bar guernsey as the home guernsey right now, before any sort of campaign has been launched.

We don't need a poll to tell us that Port Adelaide people want to wear the prison bars more. It'd have about overwhelming support. If you want to punch someone in the face, aim for the back of his head. The best way to wear the Prison Bars more is to demand to wear them all the time.

You'd absolutely be able to convert more people with a well run campaign with a simple premise. If you'd conducted a poll like this half way through the 2nd quarter of the 2014 Elimination Final you'd have gotten about 106% support.
The only problem for me is the question,

"If there was no obstacles...."

The obstacles are there and won't ever disappear.

My vote would be, if Collingwood fold and disappear then yes I vote for PBs. If Collingwood remain I vote BiB to remain.

I personally believe the issue with us wearing them on occasions has been and gone and I believe if we wanted to wear them on occasions I'm confident we'd be allowed to now.

Last edited:
If anyone learns anything from Brexit it's that offering binary choices without detail are a cockup waiting to be cocked up by ********s. It's exactly why I made the comment about you not being a "push poller". I don't believe you actually want to push people into voting "yes" by shamescaring them from voting "no".

^^^^bloody well put.

Yes, the bloody detail should also voted on, another thing Brexiteers are hurriedly shoving under the carpet, but binary choices up front eliminate many possible end states from ever being voted on.

I don't want the PB as our home strip. I do want it acknowledged and allowed as a special occasion strip of ours. I'd prefer that we together with the AFL had sole approval rights on when to wear it, as per any other game, with no other club specially privileged in the point decisions. I hate feeling forced to voting "no" to the question as you put it.

If what you wanted was for this initial vote to set a starting position for negotiations - to find out "we the people" wanted out of the set of possibilities and how strongly they felt - I suggest you'd word the question and enumerate the options differently.
Fair enough, then lets put it another way.

The campaign is for PB's as home guernsey, the OP states that and though a compromise could also be nice, it's not really the point.

Why would anyone be scared to say no if they prefer the chevrons?

The poll question asks that specifically, if your answer is you'd prefer the chevrons then I guess no is the reply (we already have them).

If you'd like a occasional PB's campaign, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back