Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people here own a Prison Bar guernsey? I’m sure plenty of us would’ve reflex-purchased the 2014 EF edition 12 seconds after it went on sale.

Maybe we should all #BarUp together (lol this is destined to become the next Red Bull joke) at the first home game as a show of support.

At the Bar of course.

Prison Bars at the first home game is a great idea, although we should get someone else to organise it :p #BarUp Together #RedBull

The proposal to wear the 1914 heritage guernsey against Carlton was rejected so we had to wear it in the sanfl instead.
Without the negative publicity caused by Richmond not having a proper clash guernsey for the Elim Final, wearing the bars then probably wouldnt have eventuated either.

I think it is possible, but there will be a lot of resistance.

“You can’t wear it to celebrate the centenary of the greatest season ever recorded in the history of the game, but you can wear it because we’re incapable of enforcing sensible clash rules unlike every other major sporting code in the world.”

These are the bozos we’re up against.

Now we just need to figure out how to work this damn elevator.
Some ideas here would be great.

1. A PB's game, our very own version of a blackout.

Also could someone PM the best club emails.

It all may end nowhere, but I think its time!

#BarUp

Poll question is flawed.

"Assuming there were no obstacles"

Well this will never happen. There is an obstacle, it is Collingwood. They wear the B&W stripes and as the club that donned them first they deserve to.

The AFL doesnt need 2 B&W striped teams. No one does. It's time to move on. Why do we need to be that 2nd team that wears it, we introduced teal and silver, it is time to move forward with them.
The prison bars are part of our incredible history that we're all so proud of, but they should only be used sparingly as a throwback guernsey.

Our jumper is the BiB Chevrons, and should remain as such. It is powerful, it is great looking, and it has a fantastic ability to interchange into other clash guernseys white, teal or silver/gray.

Proud of the past and prison bars, confident of the future and BiB.

Great way of putting it. Pretty much exactly my position, I'd just qualify that to me "sparingly" in no way means just wearing it vs the Crows or anything so cringeworthy and lacking in ambition. Historical commemorations, designated Heritage rounds (but not at the permanent expense of "the SBS"), and possibly for future designated "rivalry rounds" whatever that might come to mean.

There's no current poll answer that fits this except "NO". The current answers are too binary even for Jack Watts to be a credible option ;)

Probably not what the OP intended - Chiwigi is clearly no nutcase "push-polling" some barrow of ideas.

Now back to "the obstacle"... what exactly is in this for the AFL and for Collingwood? I see nothing in it for the AFL, maybe a small uptick in merchandise royalties. I see nothing that we could offer Collingwood that would change their emotion/identity driven position. They are Macedonian Greeks and we're a bunch of slavs in the southern Balkans who later also came to use the name Macedonia. Disputes merely over signifiers of identity - with no territorial claims and negligible economic impact - are usually stupid but sadly often intractable as a result. The difference from our situation is that those particular southern Slavs don't actually have any other name for themselves or their language so the Greeks had to give way.

Is Collingwood the only obstacle? No. Essendon and Richmond, who like Collingwood also resisted the notion of clash strips in the first place, would probably want a guarantee that "their" colors and probably "the sash" device in general, would not be encroached upon in any future AFL expansion or reconfiguration.

Has our club got far bigger fish to fry? Oh FFS yes.

Hopefully this is the annual "let's mess with the guernsey" off season thread ... and we're done with it ;)

Great way of putting it. Pretty much exactly my position, I'd just qualify that to me "sparingly" in no way means just wearing it vs the Crows or anything so cringeworthy and lacking in ambition. Historical commemorations, designated Heritage rounds (but not at the permanent expense of "the SBS"), and possibly for future designated "rivalry rounds" whatever that might come to mean.

There's no current poll answer that fits this except "NO". The current answers are too binary even for Jack Watts to be a credible option ;)

Probably not what the OP intended - Chiwigi is clearly no nutcase "push-polling" some barrow of ideas.

Now back to "the obstacle"... what exactly is in this for the AFL and for Collingwood? I see nothing in it for the AFL, maybe a small uptick in merchandise royalties. I see nothing that we could offer Collingwood that would change their emotion/identity driven position. They are Macedonian Greeks and we're a bunch of slavs in the southern Balkans who later also came to use the name Macedonia. Disputes merely over signifiers of identity - with no territorial claims and negligible economic impact - are usually stupid but sadly often intractable as a result. The difference from our situation is that those particular southern Slavs don't actually have any other name for themselves or their language so the Greeks had to give way.

Is Collingwood the only obstacle? No. Essendon and Richmond, who like Collingwood also resisted the notion of clash strips in the first place, would probably want a guarantee that "their" colors and probably "the sash" device in general, would not be encroached upon in any future AFL expansion or reconfiguration.

Has our club got far bigger fish to fry? Oh FFS yes.

Hopefully this is the annual "let's mess with the guernsey" off season thread ... and we're done with it ;)

There's little point worrying about obstacles until there is a clear agenda or need. Binary choices are essential at this stage (you only need to look back to the Republic vote).

Detail is then thrashed out afterwards.
#BarUp

For the love of Russell someone else!
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many people here own a Prison Bar guernsey? I’m sure plenty of us would’ve reflex-purchased the 2014 EF edition 12 seconds after it went on sale.

Maybe we should all #BarUp together (lol this is destined to become the next Red Bull joke) at the first home game as a show of support.

At the Bar of course.

I wear mine to most games these days. Now it'll be 100% of the time. #barup

Here’s the deal for 2020:

Prison Bars in South Australia.
Black Chevron away.
Grey Chevron clash.

To appease Collingwood we retire the Magpies moniker in the SANFL. Port use the opportunity to address our logo potentially.

It just feels right.

#BarUp

Why would Collingwood care what we do in the sanfl?

Poll is flawed.
Hashtag is non-inclusive
Jack Watts is preferred option
Abstain.

One issue I do have with the poll is that it suggests the Chevrons would completely bite the dust, which 1. would put some people off and 2. isn’t practical since we need alternative guernsey options anyway.

I think it needs to be made clear that we’re pushing for autonomy here. We want to wear the PBs when we deem suitable without having to run it by daddy and/or our nosy cousins, but it would be in addition to the current get up (not instead of).

As for the hashtag you can still grab an #ItsWharfinTime T-shirt before they all get shipped off to Benin along with the “Collingwood 2018 Premiers” merchandise.

Poll is flawed.
Hashtag is non-inclusive
Jack Watts is preferred option
Abstain.
What's flawed about the poll? It's pretty straightforward.

Agree that the hashtag is probably only internet suitable. What would you propose?

What's flawed about the poll? It's pretty straightforward.

Because I don't agree that the PB should be our "home colours", but I do agree it should be ours to wear when we see fit.

My choice is to vote YES for something I don't fully agree with or vote NO which is against what I would like to see happen.

At the Bar of course.
I’m from the post SANFL generation and I own three PB’s and 1 BIB.

Some ideas here would be great.

1. A PB's game, our very own version of a blackout.

Also could someone PM the best club emails.

It all may end nowhere, but I think its time!

#BarUp
Love this idea.

Nominating a round where we all wear our prison bars to the game would be brilliant.

Doing it against Collingwood would probably get the movement the most exposure but it would also probably hurt the cause in the long run as people would cite the clash.

Maybe the home showdown would be the beat option?

It would certainly create a tizz with all the flashbacks or would give the ex-SANFL faithful Crows fans.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back