Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For us to wear the PB, Goyder and Gill would have had to grow a set. That hasn't happened.

The only way we get to wear the bars is if Gill had a revelation and guilty conscious after he wrote this tribute on Russell's passing and saw the funeral with the crowd in the stands wearing PB's, and allows them for the Rd 2 tribute game to Russell. That's our only hope.

Last edited:
- No logo on the guernseys is a plus

- Disappointing if the black cuffs on the clash have been removed

- Chevrons still go way too far down the the middle of the guernsey

- Prison bars anything less than two times a year is completely unacceptable

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Would the club be dumb enough to announce a mystery guernsey if it's not the PBs?

Anyway, my current plan of attack would be to just wear them anyway and then in the postmatch thank the AFL for making the right decision for football and allowing us to wear them, which gives the AFL the PR out if they want it.

Also i'd happily sacrifice 4 premiership points and whatever the fine is if it comes down to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Request lol. We've been requesting for two decades now. It doesn't work.

I think we should grow some balls and just unilaterally announce the PBs as our new home guernsey. What is the absolute worst they could do?

The bigger barrier here IMO is the people who work for us protecting their own future career prospects ahead of the club's interests.

Request lol. We've been requesting for two decades now. It doesn't work.

I think we should grow some balls and just unilaterally announce the PBs as our new home guernsey. What is the absolute worst they could do?

The bigger barrier here IMO is the people who work for us protecting their own future career prospects ahead of the club's interests.
We're not going anywhere with Hinkley, and any punishment as drastic as stripping premiership points would just make the AFL look bad. I know the team is on board with the whole PB fight but I do worry they won't be down with risking their bodies and energy on matches where there's nothing to gain from winning (which I wouldn't blame them for).

This whole wear it in Showdowns stuff is a lame Koch thing. We should just be lobbying aggressively to wear it a couple of times a year in home games of our choice (ie prime time games). As if we haven't made a request to wear it for round 2 for some kind of Ebert tribute game.

This whole wear it in Showdowns stuff is a lame Koch thing. We should just be lobbying aggressively to wear it a couple of times a year in home games of our choice (ie prime time games). As if we haven't made a request to wear it for round 2 for some kind of Ebert tribute game.

Yep. A game of our choosing and Anzac round.

* the Crows and the Showdown.

Even if you think negotiating will work (it won't), why would you open the negotiations with such a weak position as 'oh, please let us wear it for 2 games a year - and never outside SA, we promise!'. It's pathetic and it's no wonder our request is literally being ignored.

Start commanding respect by our actions rather than begging for it from people who see us as nothing but an out of town minnow and inconvenience.

Nobody from a lower position of power ever gets anywhere in a negotiation without being willing to break the rules. Peaceful protests never achieved anything.

The AFL suffer nothing apart from indignant Port fans and a week of media discussion once a year under the status quo. It's easiest for them to remain passive. Let's force them to make a decision one way or the other. Either let us wear the bars or make good on your promise of competition ruining penalties.

Again, we'll win this because it matters far more to us than it does to anyone else. We just need our marshmallow administration out of the way, which again, will happen eventually.

Would the club be dumb enough to announce a mystery guernsey if it's not the PBs?

Anyway, my current plan of attack would be to just wear them anyway and then in the postmatch thank the AFL for making the right decision for football and allowing us to wear them, which gives the AFL the PR out if they want it.

Also i'd happily sacrifice 4 premiership points and whatever the fine is if it comes down to it.
I will be spewing if it’s not! If it’s just a memorial badge it shouldn’t be revealed this way.

It'll be a magenta guernsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back