Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted “yes”, but also acceptable to me would be “Keep our existing home kit, but reserve the right to roll out the black and white prison bars on occasions we deem fit to wear them”.

I agree - not all the time but on special occaisions... eg our 150th year ... 2020 - do all of May in t!

View attachment 614154

I’m more concerned that our coaching philosophy isn’t delivering

-Foss knew what is was all about

Fos*

Not just coaching - lets hope adding scoey and monty will see hardness and commitment in! That other guy you dont like moved sideways?

Co-captains, no 2nd sponsor despite China! too much non-footy stuff

Is there any point fighting for this at a time when the club is likely to s**t on one of the last real traditions we have e.g. the #1 captaincy?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is there any point fighting for this at a time when the club is likely to s**t on one of the last real traditions we have e.g. the #1 captaincy?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Considering the backlash to that possibility by the Port Adelaide fanbase I will be staggered if they go down that path still.

Dexter Kennedy!!!! - what a champion he is.

How many other Dexter's do you know?

screen-shot-2012-05-02-at-7-29-37-pm.png

Real Dexters, not film/tv characters or matching making robots.

There was a Nationals MP called Dexter Davies here in WA (but I can't say I knew him). He played 14 games for East Freo in the WAFL. Like Dexter Kennedy he never tasted premiership success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real Dexters, not film/tv characters or match making robots.
Well the answer to that question will simply be ‘yes, that bloke Dexter I know’. It can’t really be anyth8ng other than that or No.

Well the answer to that question will simply be ‘yes, that bloke Dexter I know’. It can’t really be anyth8ng other than that or No.
My mate had a son almost 4 years ago - is a Port supporter lived in Sydney for 20+ years and named him Dexter. When he told me his name, I asked him, did you name him after Dexter Kennedy?? As that was the only Dexter I knew. He said the same thing but added that he also knew there was Dexter the robot from 1980's TV match making show Perfect Match and the Dexter character from the serial killer show Dexter. That was the point, it's a very uncommon first name, but he and his his wife liked it, and their first names both start with D, so why not have another D in the family with the same last name.

As a surname I only know of 2, I know of "Lord" Ted Dexter, English cricket captain of the 1950's and 1960's and later selector and administrator, and an actor Brad Dexter who was mates with Sinatra and saved him from drowning, but it was a made up name for Hollywood, not his birth name, either first or surname.

My mate had a son almost 4 years ago - is a Port supporter lived in Sydney for 20+ years and named him Dexter. When he told me his name, I asked him, did you name him after Dexter Kennedy?? As that was the only Dexter I knew. He said the same thing but added that he also knew there was Dexter the robot from 1980's TV match making show Perfect Match and the Dexter character from the serial killer show Dexter. That was the point, it's a very uncommon first name, but he and his his wife liked it, and their first names both start with D, so why not have another D in the family with the same last name.

As a surname I only know of 2, I know of "Lord" Ted Dexter, English cricket captain of the 1950's and 1960's and later selector and administrator, and an actor Brad Dexter who was mates with Sinatra and saved him from drowning, but it was a made up name for Hollywood, not his birth name, either first or surname.

It's the sort of name that lends itself to a bit of alliteration - I used to know a Debbie Dexter and there was that WA pollie I mentioned before, Dexter Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back