Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say there was an agreement when we entered the AFL that we can never wear it again, we've worn it a bunch of times.

Then there was an agreement in 2007 that we can wear it in every heritage round without hesitation, which goes against the other so called agreement.

Some others said we signing it away forever in 2014. Another false agreement.

It's all rubbish.
With competent legal counsel energetic and willing to take up and pursue the fight this is for us a just cause.

But isn’t any publicity good publicity?

Sure it’s not exactly what we want, but it’s a step in the right direction.

This dribble by the club makes getting signatures harder. It tells the supporters to not bother. It's a punch to the guts of the campaign.

KTs words are in contradiction to what I was hearing. It's spinning my head.

I would now consider myself an active twitter user, which has never been the case. It's just the easiest way to directly contact the likes of Koch and Richardson to ask questions about the bars and I intend to stay active on twitter for this reason. It looks like a lot of others are involved doing the same sort of thing. Keep pushing that positive message and holding people to account for what they're saying.

I'm going to keep pressuring them to reveal the contract. What does it say? When was it signed? Who signed it? It's been positioned as a mythical silver bullet to the #bringbackthebars campaign and yet nobody can even show it to us or tell us what it says.
I have been actively pursuing answers around a number of things, on Twitter, from people involved at the club. I have had responses from a few, never a response from Koch, Vanstone, Wanganeen or Ransom.

Ok we now have 43000+ signatures with the last 35,000 being from Denny is a Lolicon.
Yes, Change.org will fix today.

Always going to happen eventually, the worst part is I looked up what a lolicon is!
I wish I hadn't.

A mate of mine told me he believes Koch is the weakest president the club has ever had.
I disagreed and told him I believe Koch is the weakest president any club has ever had.

Put it this way, if Koch were president in the '90s, Port Adelaide would currently be running around in front of a few thousand people in the SANFL every week, whilst the Adelaide Crows and the Southern Sharks or similar represented SA in the AFL.

This is Koch firing up apparently, posted by "ken oath" on ken oaths true believers lol.

Hes conceded defeat. Says theres an agreement that we need Collingwoods permission, and then says its up to Collingwood if we can wear it in our home showdowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Koch trying to blame Collingwood for his own incompetence.

Koch and Port have one thing in common Useless F***ing Handballs

Incompetence implies they are trying or want to make it our home jumper. They aren't trying to do that nor do they want to do that.

He's trying to deflect the negativity and blow torch from the fans being directed at him and the club by using the typical South Australian mentality of kick a Vic, hate Collingwood/Eddie against you by placing the blame on them.

We are all just customers to Koch, KT etc.
They're trying to turn Port into another plastic, soulless franchise.

And whatever they do next year for the 150th will probably be cringeworthy and make a mockery of Ports history.

I hope that any past players SANFL and AFL refuse to take part on the grounds that the club is being destroyed from within by these dick heads from coach to president and board members.

I appreciate the hard work going in to this, but simliar to the 'One Captain' issue where the club gave 2 fingers to its members and supporters, this will likely turn out the same way. The board and the people running this club care little for what we want, have shown this time and again. Are in it for themselves only sadly.

The AFL own all the trademarks so it beggars belief that Port Adelaide FC would require Collingwood FC's permission to wear a guernsey. This seems more like a gentleman's agreement more than anything in writing. If true, that agreement has reached the end of its useful life and Cos Cardone must be ejected from the club. Koch can piss off as well if he's not going to fight it, he's in it for the prestige and is not a Port Adelaide person.

It's at the point where we HAVE to see this infamous agreement. Everything about it stinks. What was the gain from Port selling its soul to Collingwood? Who signed it? Is it a legally binding contract? Is it still valid? Far too many unknowns.

I have decided to level up my protest. In addition to exclusively wearing prison bars to every Port match from now, I will not purchase nor wear any merchandise containing teal or silver. The "never tear us apart" scarf is now retired.

I wish the club would at least ackowldge the existence of a supporter led push to have our traditional guernsey returned permanently.

I'm baffled that they refuse to even make mention of it, as though the more they just ignore it they sooner it will go away.

Grow some balls you weak pricks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What was the point of signing an agreement like this, we were always going to join the AFL, that wasn't ever an issue, so why would we make this so called agreement part of our entry. It's so weak and pointless for us. It's also smart by Collingwood at the time to somehow get us to mindlessly agree to this. I fear it was Bucky and Bolton who were the ones to do this to us. It's time for answers from the club.

What was the point of signing an agreement like this, we were always going to join the AFL, that wasn't ever an issue, so why would we make this so called agreement part of our entry. It's so weak and pointless for us. It's also smart by Collingwood at the time to somehow get us to mindlessly agree to this. I fear it was Bucky and Bolton who were the ones to do this to us. It's time for answers from the club.
It doesn't exist. It's a cop out from David Koch to make the issue go away and appease Eddie McGuire. If it existed it would've been part of the proviso to get the licence in 1994. It wasn't. Why would it happen later? Collingwood wouldn't have held a bargaining chip once we were in the league. Before hand they would've because they could have stopped our admission. But after? We had no need to agree once we were in. Allan McAllister said he'd be happy to let us wear it if we finished above them in three consecutive years. That's about the only written material on the matter.

There may well be some 'writing' on the moniker which goes without saying. The AFL own the club monikers. What David Koch and Eddie McGuire might be doing here is conflating the guernsey and the moniker as the same issue. They're not. Collingwood would easily be able to copyright the Magpie in relation to the AFL. However, it IS impossible for them to copyright the black and white colours. The designs are different enough.

David Koch needs to decide whether he is the Chairman of the Port Adelaide Football Club or if he is the chairman of a generic franchise.

The Prison Bar guernsey is the clubs most sacred totem, without the 30+ premierships won in that guernsey and the three Championships of Australia that set up the club, we simply wouldn't be here.

The AFL own all the trademarks so it beggars belief that Port Adelaide FC would require Collingwood FC's permission to wear a guernsey. This seems more like a gentleman's agreement more than anything in writing. If true, that agreement has reached the end of its useful life and Cos Cardone must be ejected from the club. Koch can ******** as well if he's not going to fight it, he's in it for the prestige and is not a Port Adelaide person.

It's at the point where we HAVE to see this infamous agreement. Everything about it stinks. What was the gain from Port selling its soul to Collingwood? Who signed it? Is it a legally binding contract? Is it still valid? Far too many unknowns.

I have decided to level up my protest. In addition to exclusively wearing prison bars to every Port match from now, I will not purchase nor wear any merchandise containing teal or silver. The "never tear us apart" scarf is now retired.

You think it's going to make a difference? Even if every Port supporter in the stadium wore black and white only, and not a shred of teal was seen in the stands, it would simply be ignored. And Koch wouldn't give a s**t, because you'd all still be turning up.
Even if people make banners protesting Koch, Ken, the AFL etc...once, twice you'll get them in..then they'll direct security to check all banners and not allow them in.

The only thing that these maggots will understand, is when crowd numbers drop significantly below 30,000 week in week out, and when memberships are no longer being renewed in their thousands. Need to create a crisis to force them out. Port fans shouldn't be scared to fight.

It's all about $$$$$ to these bastards.

As much as it will pain some to do, the only way is to not renew memberships and to stop attending games at Adelaide Oval.

Or do we wait until one day, maybe, perhaps, the AFL hands back control to members? By then, what will be left of the heart and soul of the Port Adelaide Football Club? When Koch and KT and other maggots have finished gutting it from the inside out..
This is a much bigger issue then PB, I hope people realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back