Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing it in 2020 is just par for the course. That should have happened with or without this campaign.

A commitment to wear it regularly is a win.

But for the campaign to be won, we'd need to be wearing the prison bars as our home guernsey week in week out.

I know that the focus of the campaign has been more to wear it "at our discretion", but clearly the current regime don't want to wear it as often as I do, so even full control over when and where we wear it isn't the conclusion of the campaign until it's our home guernsey.

Wearing it in 2020 is just par for the course. That should have happened with or without this campaign.

But for the campaign to be won, we'd need to be wearing the prison bars as our home guernsey week in week out.

I know that the focus of the campaign has been more to wear it "at our discretion", but clearly the current regime don't want to wear it as often as I do, so even full control over when and where we wear it isn't the conclusion of the campaign until it's our home guernsey.
The message should become much clearer to confused people after 2020 is over when we are still pushing for it and there is no milestone celebration happening.

In attempting to read the situation it seemed the initial negotiations were promising but now it seems that it has steered towards wearing it once in 2020. In that case, after such time and effort, it is difficult to feel faith that an agreement has been reached to wear it once per year thereafter.

In attempting to read the situation it seemed the initial negotiations were promising but now it seems that it has steered towards wearing it once in 2020. In that case, after such time and effort, it is difficult to feel faith that an agreement has been reached to wear it once per year thereafter.
I reckon we'll get a deal where we'll wear it once or twice a year from 2021 onwards. The important part is that wearing it more than that should be open for negotiation. KT needs to make sure he doesn't sign anything that says "Port can't wear it more than this many times FOREVER!"

Am I correct in assuming that when Bomber and Chi had met with Richo and co that it had yet to be confirmed that an agreement had been met between the AFL and the club to allow us to wear the jumper every year?

Here's my position, and I know not all agree with this stance, but here it goes:

In terms of the campaign: 'At our discretion' > 'Home Guernsey or bust'
It puts the decision into the hands of the club.
That's what we're fighting for.

Think of the guernsey as a symbol for our club's self determination.

If the club decides to wear it as the home guernsey, all well and good.
If it chooses to move forward with our current guernsey, that's ok also.

It's the right to choose that is most important.

The fight hasn't really even started yet. There's much, much more to come.

Here's my position, and I know not all agree with this stance, but here it goes:

In terms of the campaign: 'At our discretion' > 'Home Guernsey or bust'
It puts the decision into the hands of the club.
That's what we're fighting for.

Think of the guernsey as a symbol for our club's self determination.

If the club decides to wear it as the home guernsey, all well and good.
If it chooses to move forward with our current guernsey, that's ok also.

It's the right to choose that is most important.

The fight hasn't really even started yet. There's much, much more to come.
As I see it, at our discretion will eventually become every home game anyway.

Eventually the supporters will control the board, and of its at our discretion, before long, we'll be running out on the bars every week.

As I see it, at our discretion will eventually become every home game anyway.

Eventually the supporters will control the board, and of its at our discretion, before long, we'll be running out on the bars every week.

I'd love it for you to be right.

I worry that time is against us on this issue though.

I understand all the reasons why we should be wearing it why there should not be any objection but I do feel like we will never win this. Still I try to ignore my own state of pessimism and continue to hope.

Unfortunately I don't feel there is a strong enough desire from the majority of the PA fan base to see any real change back to the bars.

Maybe 10 years ago when it was just us die hards rocking up each week, but now Adelaide Oval is full of part time Port Adelaide supporters who don't have any connection to the guernsey.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't feel there is a strong enough desire from the majority of the PA fan base to see any real change back to the bars.

Maybe 10 years ago when it was just us die hards rocking up each week, but now Adelaide Oval is full of part time Port Adelaide supporters who don't have any connection to the guernsey.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I disagree on the feelings for a regular appearance, but you are probably right about a full time return its the old Republic debate.

This is more because they don't really know any better, once we get it on regular occasions they may change their minds.

On the question of the fanbases passion for the guernsey, I refer you to the 2014 Elimination Final. If you'd done an exit poll after that game we'd have had an overwhelming majority support.

Just wait until we wear it a few more times. The fanbase isn't against it, they've just forgotten.

On the question of the fanbases passion for the guernsey, I refer you to the 2014 Elimination Final. If you'd done an exit poll after that game we'd have had an overwhelming majority support.

Just wait until we wear it a few more times. The fanbase isn't against it, they've just forgotten.

I can't imagine that there would be a high percentage of the fanbase who would be "against" the PBs. There would be two main categories - those who desperately want to see the PBs return and those who are ambivalent and don't care much either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine that there would be a high percentage of the fanbase who would be "against" the PBs. There would be two main categories - those who desperately want to see the PBs return and those who are ambivalent and don't care much either way.
and those who supported other SNAFL clubs who still have nightmares about seeing their team get smashed by Port

all fifteen of these people

R1fdEt3.gif

I have a mate who is a Westies fanatic. Involved with the club.
Loves the power and has since 1997
Barracks for West over the Magpies
Hates the bars
fu** him
No, he loves Port Adelaide so needs to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back