Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second tier.
In the top tier, Essendon and Carlton are the most successful.
In the current National AFL era, it would be Hawthorn.

1. We are a top tier football club
2. We are the most successful

Therefore we are the most successful top tier football club.

I'll type it more slowly for you next time if that helps.
Thanks for visiting.

Second tier.
In the top tier, Essendon and Carlton are the most successful.
In the current National AFL era, it would be Hawthorn.

You realise top tier means there is no league above available for you to play right? Until the advent of the AFL, all of the VFL/SANFL/WAFL were considered top tier, but I guess let’s not let a little Vic bias get in the way of a good troll on another clubs board right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You realise top tier means there is no league above available for you to play right? Until the advent of the AFL, all of the VFL/SANFL/WAFL were considered top tier, but I guess let’s not let a little Vic bias get in the way of a good troll on another clubs board right?

My mistake, I will leave you in peace and believe it or not I wasn't trying to troll.
I just thought the Port Adelaide Power (which is the the team you support) were not the most successful team.
I failed to realize you considered the SANFL as a top tier.
It is just a shame that nobody except Power supporters consider this also.

My mistake, I will leave you in peace and believe it or not I wasn't trying to troll.
I just thought the Port Adelaide Power (which is the the team you support) were not the most successful team.

No pretty much everyone outside of Victoria understands this. I do not consider the SANFL to be a top tier now, however from 1877-1990 it was one of three top tier leagues in the country, in which Port Adelaide won 29 premierships and 4 Champions of Australia (both national records). But who am I to expect any football history outside of ‘the sporting capital of the universe’ to be considered?

Will take your comments on face value and politely agree to disagree on points.

The one thing that needs to be clarified though is this:
- We don't follow a team, we follow a club.
- Our club has teams in multiple competitions.

Kinda like following the Echuca Football Netball club if they have a team in the Goulbourn Valley competition and another team in the Bendigo Football League.
Would you just say you follow one of the teams or would you say you follow the club.

We follow the PAFC (the C stands for club).
And because we have a team in the AFL calling ourselves a top tier club is considered appropriate.

I hope that makes sense.

No pretty much everyone outside of Victoria understands this. I do not consider the SANFL to be a top tier now, however from 1877-1990 it was one of three top tier leagues in the country, in which Port Adelaide won 29 premierships and 4 Champions of Australia (both national records). But who am I to expect any football history outside of ‘the sporting capital of the universe’ to be considered?

I think it would be reasonable to argue that as SA and WA talent made its way to the VFL in the 70s and 80s especially that they slowly became the best league before official nationalisation. Sort of a de facto top tier if you know what I mean.

But anything prior to that, when Collingwood was busy winning 13 out of their 15 flags, the three leagues were clearly very even with one another as evidenced by us and other “interstaters” beating the VFL premier on multiple occasions in the CoA match. To think otherwise is nothing more than blind vicco parochialism.

I think it would be reasonable to argue that as SA and WA talent made its way to the VFL in the 70s and 80s especially that they slowly became the best league before official nationalisation. Sort of a de facto top tier if you know what I mean.

But anything prior to that, when Collingwood was busy winning 13 out of their 15 flags, the three leagues were clearly very even with one another as evidenced by us and other “interstaters” beating the VFL premier on multiple occasions in the CoA match. To think otherwise is nothing more than blind vicco parochialism.
100% this.

Will take your comments on face value and politely agree to disagree on points.

The one thing that needs to be clarified though is this:
- We don't follow a team, we follow a club.
- Our club has teams in multiple competitions.

Kinda like following the Echuca Football Netball club if they have a team in the Goulbourn Valley competition and another team in the Bendigo Football League.
Would you just say you follow one of the teams or would you say you follow the club.

We follow the PAFC (the C stands for club).
And because we have a team in the AFL calling ourselves a top tier club is considered appropriate.

I hope that makes sense.
You do make a good point and to be honest I was slightly taking the P1SS.
This whole jumper debate has rattled our feathers (as I am sure you) for obvious different reasons.
Is it weird that a club president can turn normally sane people into not very sensible people.
I know our president (ex president) had/has a way of ensuring people who don't bleed black and white dislike our club (and some within for that matter).
Koch has a similar effect on most of us over here but that is no excuse for me entering your board and carrying on.
Apologies again and good luck in the showdown.

As for the jumper debate, it is a very emotional issue for all involved and as passionate Port supporters are in their view, Collingwood supporters are just as prolific in our defense of our history and the stripes.
This of course is no excuse to dismiss another's opinion.

As you said, we will politely agree to disagree.

Excellente post :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for the jumper debate, it is a very emotional issue for all involved and as passionate Port supporters are in their view, Collingwood supporters are just as prolific in our defense of our history and the stripes.
And yet one team has had the uninterrupted ability to wear its jumper, and imposes it unjust influence to prevent the other from ever doing the same. This is not polite disagreement.

There is no threat to the collingwood jumper, outside of the garbled mind of your ex-president. The only threats are the spewing from his mouth, at us, when we simply ask to wear what is ours.

As for the jumper debate, it is a very emotional issue for all involved and as passionate Port supporters are in their view, Collingwood supporters are just as prolific in our defense of our history and the stripes. ..
We don't want to wear the Collingwood stripes, we want to be able to wear our traditional Prison Bar guernsey.

That's why I stuck that in The Rover of Tobruk thread. ;)

If one of our media team arranged for that to be in there alongside the jumper debate then kudos.

It is a subtle yet powerful, emotive plea to connect it to something that many Australians hold dear and what to honour.

Suns can wear QAFL guernseys.

GWS can wear that blue thing they wore in the VFL in 2011.

ROFL forgot about that s**t

AA030410MB-1211.jpg

It's a PAFC guernsey I'm not interested in wearing it when everyone plays dress ups fck that, I know the angle the club took was based on the 2007 agreement but ugh.

This issue is only important to Port Adelaide and it’s supporters, it literally doesn’t even affect other clubs or supporters at all.

Sounds similar to social issues except like, it doesn’t actually have any real life consequences. Perhaps there is a lesson in there about centring voices? *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back