Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one shot in the locker to correct a wrong.

I'd rather put all my energy into that, than an alternative design. Putting up different designs defeats the argument that its our right to wear our design that represents our heritage and heartland.
Not necessarily - I get what your saying however we have the design already and having all three up our sleeve or presenting them as a home, away and alternative jumper portfolio when this gets to the crunch could make for a more compelling case which covers all bases.

Exciting times ahead!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not necessarily - I get what your saying however we have the design already and having all three up our sleeve or presenting them as a home, away and alternative jumper portfolio when this gets to the crunch could make for a more compelling case which covers all bases.

Exciting times ahead!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
At the end of the day the club has to make the final call not us. Our group has decided on its strategy and I doubt people will change its fundamental position.

Whilst I'm keen for this to happen, seriously, I cannot picture a scenario where this gets up.

It's not all doom and gloom though, out BiB Guernsey is still the best in the AFL IMO.

Fingers crossed it gets enough legs and the AFL actually take a balanced view.

If it does, let's hope that our players, coaches and management don't disgrace the jumper and actually treat it with the respect it deserves, unlike the current groups attitude towards applying the actions that define what the jumper is supposed to stand for.

Whilst I'm keen for this to happen, seriously, I cannot picture a scenario where this gets up.

It's not all doom and gloom though, out BiB Guernsey is still the best in the AFL IMO.

If it does, let's hope that our players, coaches and management don't disgrace the jumper and actually treat it with the respect it deserves, unlike the current groups attitude towards applying the actions that define what the jumper is supposed to stand for.

I see it differently, there are many scenarios that could see us wearing it again, and only one that doesn't.

If the campaign does nothing other than galvanise our supporters and brings to light the inequity we are dealing with within the AFL, then it's done more than enough.

If my reading of things is on the money, this campaign will have an effect and it will mean we get to wear the PBs in the AFL again.

It's not like the issue just goes away if the AFL don't immediately accept.

Either they say no and the supporters keep making noise that they can't ignore or they say yes, even for one game, and it becomes easier to ask for more.

Either they say no and the supporters keep making noise that they can't ignore or they say yes, even for one game, and it becomes easier to ask for more.
This is where the bring back the bars scarves are perfect.

Every week we get to hold up a symbol of our discontent and sing "they will never us apart".

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

There is glory in the fight.

I see it differently, there are many scenarios that could see us wearing it again, and only one that doesn't.
Just listened to you on 5AA .. love your accent ... reminded my of my stay with friends in Borth near Aberystwyth.
They took me down to Aberaeron where I heard the Welsh language spoken. for the first time, by a couple sitting near us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilbur - lacing up for the cause. What else would you expect from the champ.

How many of our greats could lace up and their jumper doesn't look tight, just like Wilbur's doesn't?

Wilbur - lacing up for the cause. What else would you expect from the champ.

How many of our greats could lace up and their jumper doesn't look tight, just like Wilbur's doesn't?

They probably wouldn't be able to get them done up any more, but at least the lace ups didn't stretch - woollen/lycra PBs might look more like a jail break on someone who's been in a good paddock.

It seems unlikely at the moment, but it's just about perseverence.

The arguments against it are actually pretty weak, but they've never properly been challenged. Eventually we'll sway enough public opinion to put this on the agenda and get it over the line. It might be in 2020, it might be in 2025, but it will happen if we maintain the campaign.

The arguments against it are actually pretty weak, but they've never properly been challenged. Eventually we'll sway enough public opinion to put this on the agenda and get it over the line. It might be in 2020, it might be in 2025, but it will happen if we maintain the campaign.
Exactly, if we don't get it now, then at some point there'll be a window of opportunity when the President of Collingwood doesn't have as much sway and the AFL CEO isn't such a spineless VFL kiss arse and we will get it. Not if we don't keep the flame alive until then (if that's the worse case).

We just need to keep it in the public eye, maybe have a “black and white night” next season. Round 14 vs. Geelong could be a good one. It’s the only Saturday Night game due to the bye rounds so it’ll definitely be on National FTA. Get every man, woman and child wearing the Bars, March from the Mall protest style, BBTB scarves during NTUA. Make a scene.

Geelong’s navy blue and white colour scheme helps out too from a distance!

No way should be even consider bastardising the PBs with Silver or Teal bars

If we compromised and did that then you can forever say goodbye to the black and white PBs and also it will confirm that the PAFC are the shell of the once feared and respected (hated) club it was and we are nothing but a generic AFL franchise

Its black and white PBs or its the current chevrons

Obviously this is not the goal of the campaign but I've always wondered what our legal rights would be on wearing the guernsey of our choice. I realise the AFL itself owns the copyright to all of the team names/colours/guernseys but there doesn't seem to be a lot of natural justice in the way this issue has always played out (ie literally every other professional sporting team on the planet gets to choose what they wear except us). Any opinion on this one MrMeaner?

Last edited:
Btw, if we don't win this war I'm going to blame chiwigi and start a new campaign for us to wear all red and rename ourselves the Dragons.
C'mon...Second preference should always be this:
snjFAfS.jpg

Obviously this is not the goal of the campaign but I've always wondered what our legal rights would be on wearing the guernsey of our choice. I realise the AFL itself owns the copyright to all of the team names/colours/guernseys but there doesn't seem to be a lot of natural justice in the way this issue has always played out (ie literally every other professional sporting team on the planet gets to choose what they wear except us). Any opinion on this one MrMeaner?

I don’t know enough about the specifics to comment with any real confidence. However, generally, an association is able to set the rules of entry. That can include dictating names and the colours of teams. There is no need for natural justice in that. The fact that other associations might be more flexible isn’t really relevant.

So, ultimately, it just comes down to the ability to negotiate for good entry terms or, where that time has passed, for a change. The thing in our favour at present is the fact that one of the main barriers to our wearing black and white, a clash when playing Collingwood, has essentially been resolved. That alone should be enough to raise it as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back