Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right!

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are the updates with this? Seems to have lost a lot of momentum looking at the amount of signatures the last couple weeks. Do we have enough to make a case?

SgtSchulz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mark Webber
What are the updates with this? Seems to have lost a lot of momentum looking at the amount of signatures the last couple weeks. Do we have enough to make a case?
The question isn’t what the petition can do for you, the question is what can you do for the petition?

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Pappagallo

#BringBackTheBars #Farken
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like the concept but not so much the execution.

Also, if we're struggling to be allowed to wear B&W stripes, we'll never in a million years have a magpie in our logo.
Yep it’s definitely in the wrong thread. To the Locker with ye!

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter #1,582
The case was made very well and was exceptionally well received and now there is a natural lull before the next phase.

MitchIn3D

Boot-Studder
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Awesome. What's next then? Is it the club going to the AFL or is there something more "we" have to do?
The next thing we do is Christmas, take a bit of a break from it all. In the new year we should see more movement.

In the mean time, recommend the pages to your friends and family, get a few signatures across the Christmas table.

Keep positive, the best thing we can do is keep sharing Facebook, Twitter and the petition.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Awesome. What's next then? Is it the club going to the AFL or is there something more "we" have to do?
I'll make a conscious effort to wear PBs at every home game but perhaps the guys in charge of this movement could put something on social media encouraging people to do just that, plus make banners etc. Something to think about when the season is upon us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
The offseason is about raising awareness of this movement as much as we can, and the start has been terrific. The petition is great but it's certainly not the be all and end all. We want to hit round 1 with this being something that everyone in the stadium is already aware of, then we really have a platform to launch.

Remember the ultimate goal here is to get public support so overwhelmingly in our favour that we can't be denied by the club or the league. We're still a while off that, and if we fire off our shot now, we lose. It's a slow build.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for the responses. I was just getting a bit anxious that we've hit a wall with no real "phase 2".
If phase 2 is simply sharing on social media and showing up with the prison bars on gameday then count me in!

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter #1,590
it's been said before but

Step 1. Petition
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Wear the Bars
Not true, step 2 is a waiting game with social pressure to add to the already succesful start.
Anyone expecting immediate announcements will be sorely disappointed as that’s not how the AFL works.

ChristopHaha

█ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ █
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Not true, step 2 is a waiting game with social pressure to add to the already succesful start.
Anyone expecting immediate announcements will be sorely disappointed as that’s not how the AFL works.
Oh don't get me wrong, we're on the right track.

Fully agree it's the waiting game now.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
SgtSchulz what a great find. Here is the full picture.

Should have a competition to see who can name the most number of players correctly - without zooming/blowing up the top part of the picture which has the names. Reckon I can name 15 off the top of my head but then it starts to get harder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom