Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloke was one out of the box, never have I seen an AFL player have a segment of their own on a prime time footy show like he did and really de-rail a season for his own personal benefit. Could never like him after that year

Clokey wasn't sharp enough to shape a message appropriately or even know what he was saying most of the time. I wouldn't dislike him for any message that came out of his mouth.

How would we know? At least Richmond although obviously not a midfielder. But as with the Beams scenario, that was to accommodate a new player into the squad, not extend/bolster the contract of someone already within a squad so not really the same discussion.

I'm quite certain that Ned Guy has been planning on how to pay Grundy since the time he applied for the job. The senior player contract renegotiations would have kept that in mind.

Clokey wasn't sharp enough to shape a message appropriately or even know what he was saying most of the time. I wouldn't dislike him for any message that came out of his mouth.
Trav was as much sinned against as sinner - having his half witted old man in his ear all the time - the worst part of that for the club was that Trav really loved his old man and listened to all his tripe.

Was interviewed on 10 sport, looks as though he will weigh up his options before signing a long term deal. Hope we win a flag before end of next year, just in case he leaves.

Just that the Normal Answer.

There is always a Small Chance he Leaves but I think is Highly Doubtful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks we're probably gonna lose him. Should really be looking into this draft for a ruckman to develop over next season.

Serious question?

• Do people just default to the worst case scenario as a matter of course?

I’ve never understood that morose trait.
Good players and big money, been happening since big money was available.
Usually people stay, and they’re still paid well.

They only if there is a dreadful breakdown of relationship, chronic homesickness, or it’s the mother of all deals and then some.*

* but remember, if it’s such a mega deal then the other club has to cut their own salary cap to the bone.

Serious question?

Do people just default to the worst case scenario as a matter of course?

I’ve never understood that morose trait.
Good players and big money, been happening since big money was available.
Usually people stay, and they’re still paid well.

They only if there is a dreadful breakdown of relationship, chronic homesickness, or it’s the mother of all deals and then some.*

* but remember, if it’s such a mega deal then the other club has to cut their own salary cap to the bone.

That is Bigfooty Rule. Always Presume the Worse

Sucks we're probably gonna lose him. Should really be looking into this draft for a ruckman to develop over next season.
His name is Max Lynch.

I'm not worried. He won't leave. He will leave once he retires.

That is Bigfooty Rule. Always Presume the Worse
That it is Dave, that it is.

And when was the last time we lost a player for a big money deal, for that reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back