Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying a very high price for a long term contract is crazy. The top 2 on the list are playing well yet their teams are average. Ruckwork is overrated unless it's Nic Nat like service. The preference would be to spend money on gun mids and a KPF.

So we made a Huge Mistake Re-Signing Grundy instead of letting another Team take the Hit and Should of Cashed him in

I think everyone writing off Grundy because he’s down on form is ridiculous. It’s been a tough fixture, we’ve travelled everywhere, he hasn’t rested once. Think the guy can be cut some slack, he’s still playing well, but not to his gold standard. If breaking even means he’s playing badly, then I’ll take it.
Still averaging close to 16 touches and 34 hit outs for a “down” on form ruckmen in shorter games.

And by the way, If the club had let Grundy go, I will guarantee every single person would have been raging on this forum

I think everyone writing off Grundy because he’s down on form is ridiculous. It’s been a tough fixture, we’ve travelled everywhere, he hasn’t rested once. Think the guy can be cut some slack, he’s still playing well, but not to his gold standard. If breaking even means he’s playing badly, then I’ll take it.
Still averaging close to 16 touches and 34 hit outs for a “down” on form ruckmen in shorter games.

And by the way, If the club had let Grundy go, I will guarantee every single person would have been raging on this forum
I think people are not understanding the point. He's new contract entitles him to an average $1m per season. You can't have the highest paid player on your list just playing 'well' - or in this case, performing like the 9-10th best ruckman in the league.

Its just so costly.

I think people are not understanding the point. He's new contract entitles him to an average $1m per season. You can't have the highest paid player on your list just playing 'well' - or in this case, performing like the 9-10th best ruckman in the league.

Its just so costly.

he’s not playing his best in a tough year, who’s to say he won’t hit his straps again. Sorry just don’t agree with everyone jumping on him so quick

View attachment 934156
Nothing to get the blood flowing like a big old smack in the newspapers.

That article was trash. It completely failed to acknowledge the impact of playing 4 games in a row in a compressed fixture in the most physically demanding role on the field. It's going to impact Grundy's form which isn't even that poor. To bring his contract into it as 'an angle' is ordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should also be said, whilst Nic nat is a great tap ruckmen he does nothing else.

he has 3 marks for the year, 3 marks for the ENTIRE year

Cut Grundy a little slack, we’ve traveled non stop.

That article was trash. It completely failed to acknowledge the impact of playing 4 games in a row in a compressed fixture in the most physically demanding role on the field. It's going to impact Grundy's form which isn't even that poor. To bring his contract into it as 'an angle' is ordinary.

Typical Media Forgetting the Truth

AFL journalism is it's own special level of terrible

Did u expect anything else from these hysterical idiots?

I love Grundy. Prior to the year, I had him as the best player in the league.

He’s not there anymore.

However; the issue with Grundy is he’s a great player, but not a great ruckman.

Nic Nat is a great ruckman, but probably just an average player.

Did we pay for a great player or a great ruckman? I wanted a great ruckman.

I love Grundy. Prior to the year, I had him as the best player in the league.

He’s not there anymore.

However; the issue with Grundy is he’s a great player, but not a great ruckman.

Nic Nat is a great ruckman, but probably just an average player.

Did we pay for a great player or a great ruckman? I wanted a great ruckman.

Well going by some Fans you don't need a Great Ruckman to win the Flag

Grundy is the least of our concerns.

10 players who are vfl level in best 22, , Howe, pendles, sidey over 30, treloar/degoey seemingly never fit, 0 KPF, and overuse gameplay are more pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back