Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s great news! I don’t think we can stress enough how big a deal it is to have a player of Grundy’s status commit that long term. He’s a connecting personality within the group so this sets the trend.

Hold your horses, he hasn't committed yet. It's just on the table. Trying to keep the vultures from circling, hopefully he does agree to it soon.

Let's do a rough estimate of figures and players potentially finishing this year with the club.

Greenwood 400k?
Wells 650k?
Reid 300k?
Dunn ( possibly ) 250k?
Then you factor is the pay cuts that pendles and sidebottom have reportedly taken. I dont see the scary part of resigning these players I'm just worried about having 2 guys in degoey and grundy on 1 million each. That's a lot of the salary cap gone on two guys.
I think we could stand to lose maybe one player but unsure of who, it would be an amazing effort to keep this group together

Should be our next Captain IMO.

I wholeheartedly agree! Adams is a solid deputy and will get the nod, IMO, but Grundy has him covered.

Hold your horses, he hasn't committed yet. It's just on the table. Trying to keep the vultures from circling, hopefully he does agree to it soon.

If this is in the public this far out it’s a fait accompli.

Let's do a rough estimate of figures and players potentially finishing this year with the club.

Greenwood 400k?
Wells 650k?
Reid 300k?
Dunn ( possibly ) 250k?
Then you factor is the pay cuts that pendles and sidebottom have reportedly taken. I dont see the scary part of resigning these players I'm just worried about having 2 guys in degoey and grundy on 1 million each. That's a lot of the salary cap gone on two guys.
I think we could stand to lose maybe one player but unsure of who, it would be an amazing effort to keep this group together

It's a really good list we've put together. Going forward, we basically need a successful happy team so guys are willing to stay for less than they're offered elsewhere. From the outside, we're looking good on the happy team front. Bring on the success. Keep the list together and then have more success. Go Pies.

Greenwood 400k?
Wells 650k?
Reid 300k?
Dunn ( possibly ) 250k?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/26/wells-manager-gives-insight-into-collingwood-pay-cut/

FYI

Greenwood 400k?
Wells 650k?
Reid 300k?
Dunn ( possibly ) 250k?

Hey Thedivided, totally agree however Wells ripped up his contract post last list lodgement this year and signed for base payment and incentives. This gives us about $400-450k unused this year that we can roll over into next year’s payments on the 2yr averaging rule. 👍

Wells 650k?
Never seen a player’s contract get bigger and bigger with each new speculative post....

It’s just an interesting phenomena.

Greenwood 400k?
Wells 650k?
Reid 300k?
Dunn ( possibly ) 250k?
A premiership this year would go a long way in helping keep the band together. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think that Grundy rucking is taking the hitout and then trying to clear the ball himself. Is it something he attempts when he makes contact with the ball?

It can mean a few things, either he doesn't have enough trust in our mids by trying to do it himself, or it is a game plan we are trying out.

Is that a reason for us not having a better ratio of hitouts to advantage with the dominance he has?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back