Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the AFL continue with shorter quarters? It’s been a failure.

Because the AFL is Run by Idiots and they think shorter Qtrs means more Games so More Money

Which once again shows how overrated ruckman are when they won without him and our $million ruckman was actually playing against their second stringers...
They also won without one of their top paid mids so are mids overrated

Alex Rance was one of the top paid players at Richmond last year and they won the flag without him. Are key defenders overrated?

So when the AFL continues with shorter qtrs next year and beyond we’ll have truly f’ed up?

No, but when you also need to re-sign far superior players, tying up a lot of money in Grundy has destroyed any chance of recruiting.

Surely no one in their right mind would rather lose JDG?
Look if the AFL persists with shorter quarters it will hurt his output but you can hardly put that down to list management. How would they know the pandemic would come and the AFL would use that to make changes that are terrible for the game

Alex Rance was one of the top paid players at Richmond last year and they won the flag without him. Are key defenders overrated?

Guess can say you are as good as your Backups are

Look if the AFL persists with shorter quarters it will hurt his output but you can hardly put that down to list management. How would they know the pandemic would come and the AFL would use that to make changes that are terrible for the game
If it does happen however with all the talk here about how Grundy thrives on wearing his opponent down over long quarters, short quarters would surely be disastrous for the man's chances of regaining his rucking supremacy.

What is not explained by all this talk of short quarters working against Grundy's effectiveness, is his difficulty in getting off the ground in ruck contests or of following up on his taps with his ground play. Whether or not his ability to wear down opponents has been diminished, there seems little doubt he is not playing at the same level of earlier years.

That's it in a nutshell Dave. Seven years wandering football wilderness coming up. At least we should be able to pick up some early draft picks in that time. :rolleyes:
Flag for us next year, trust me.

So it’s Grundy’s fault that we over use the ball by hand inviting pressure and turning it over?

A lot of his hit outs are sparked by the opposition as he is very predictable.

I think as part of signing the new contract they should have split the cost of appointing a proper ruck coach to mentor him.

So it seems on here in 1 year he gone from our Best Player to being a Scapegoat when we lose

not a scapegoat - but when you hold out for a 7 year deal at big coin then you put a target on your head to perform.

Will he finish Top 5 in our Copeland? Unlikely. Will be lucky to finish top 10.

It helps when your back up is Grimes and Astbury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not a scapegoat - but when you hold out for a 7 year deal at big coin then you put a target on your head to perform.

Will he finish Top 5 in our Copeland? Unlikely. Will be lucky to finish top 10.

Well he is Injured and this really was not a Proper Season

Well he is Injured and this really was not a Proper Season

Oh rightio.

so what part of the season was he injured.? Against Essendon when he lost to a battler? Or more recently?

Prior to the big contract, I was a huge Grundy fan. But holding out for 7 years, I thought was the wrong thing to do. Hard to build a successful team when one players holds out for so much.

Oh rightio.

so what part of the season was he injured.? Against Essendon when he lost to a battler? Or more recently?

Prior to the big contract, I was a huge Grundy fan. But holding out for 7 years, I thought was the wrong thing to do. Hard to build a successful team when one players holds out for so much.

Most Likely been Injured since RD 2 when he went off to the Rooms in that Game as not been the same since.

He did the Right Thing for Himself and he knew other Clubs would pay the Same so was up to us to Offer the Same or Let Him Go

Most Likely been Injured since RD 2 when he went off to the Rooms in that Game as not been the same since.

He did the Right Thing for Himself and he knew other Clubs would pay the Same so was up to us to Offer the Same or Let Him Go

You are definitely right, he looked after himself. He definitely deserved a good deal as he had proven himself over the previous seasons.

Not even in the AA squad is a wake up call for him. People will continue to focus on his lack of effectiveness until he fixes his actual rucking / clearance skills, and rediscovers his around the ground marking etc
I don’t get why he jumps so early at the centre bounce. Is it an injury management issue?

A lot of his hit outs are sparked by the opposition as he is very predictable.

I think as part of signing the new contract they should have split the cost of appointing a proper ruck coach to mentor him.
Yeah but that’s because as a team we want to be predictable doesn’t leave him with much room to go for a more aggressive tap

Yeah but that’s because as a team we want to be predictable doesn’t leave him with much room to go for a more aggressive tap

well we have mastered the art of predictable - I know exactly where every kick out from Moore is going lol.

well we have mastered the art of predictable - I know exactly where every kick out from Moore is going lol.
That’s the problem we focus so much on defence that we want to be predictable. But this hyper focus on defence coupled with a lack of talent forward really limits our output forward

Rance was and still IS overrated (almost like SOS was)...Trav Cloke used to ragdoll Rance, even Coxy kicked goals on him and JDG did as well. Rance was made to look better than he ever was by the players around him, strangely enough the same players that are making Rance's absence irrelevant. Grimes, Vlastuin and Astbury....they're the real gun defenders. Rance was the team's joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back