Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how the shorter quarters have impacted our trademarked ability to give up goal after goal in time on? Maybe our endurance running isn’t actually as good as advertised...

Doesn't matter when the opposition gets their score as long as we get more.

Do you watch him play? If he wasn’t fit why in 17, 18 and 19 was he getting to more ruckman than anyone else? It’s not like we didn’t have Cox or Moore who could help him out. Just because in 2012 he ran a slow 2km time trail lol

Nah, he still runs slow time trials but I'm not sure that running those any quicker is a major goal of his, or that his trial results in and of themselves reflect the amount of running he does in game. Sadly, none of the stats platforms give the distance covered type detail.

Nah, he still runs slow time trials but I'm not sure that running those any quicker is a major goal of his, or that his trial results in and of themselves reflect the amount of running he does in game. Sadly, none of the stats platforms give the distance covered type detail.
Also 2km is that relevant to a game

Lol, no one was giving him $1.4 million a season!!!

LOL.... yeah okay. If it makes you feel better then you can believe that there wasn't suitors, and they weren't offering $6-7M for 5 year deals.

Brisbane are reportedly paying over $1M a year for Neale and he hadn't even won an AA guernsey at that stage.

Matty Lloyd was even suggesting Carlton & Essendon should be throwing north of $8M at Grundy for 7 years.

Last edited:
While its obvious Grundy is down on previous years, he is also a victim of his own very high standards.

This season his rankings against all other Ruckmen are:

Disposals - Second
Meters Gained - Tenth
Contested Possessions - Second
Uncontested Possessions - Second
Hitouts - First
Clearances - Third
Hitouts to Advantage - First
Hitouts Win Percentage - Sixth
Marks - Sixth
Tackles - Second

The way some are carrying on you would think he is washed up. His is obviously carrying an injury.

A fully fit Grundy for round 1 next season will have a lot on here backtracking.

While its obvious Grundy is down on previous years, he is also a victim of his own very high standards.

This season his rankings against all other Ruckmen are:

Disposals - Second
Meters Gained - Tenth
Contested Possessions - Second
Uncontested Possessions - Second
Hitouts - First
Clearances - Third
Hitouts to Advantage - First
Hitouts Win Percentage - Sixth
Marks - Sixth
Tackles - Second

The way some are carrying on you would think he is washed up. His is obviously carrying an injury.

A fully fit Grundy for round 1 next season will have a lot on here backtracking.
Been beating this drum all year. An underdone Grundy is still a top 5 ruck in the entire competition

In a down year, he was still the 4th best ruck in the comp and a top 30-40 player. Last two years, he was a top 3 player and the best ruck in the comp. I have no doubt he will bounce back.

Except off course on those occasions when he does and it does....

Except off course for those occasions when he has to wait to get the footy before he's able to do anything at all.
Doesn't happen enough and leads to more * ups than successes.

He can do it when has outbodied opponent out of contest which he can do. I am not saying to do it on every occassion.

That's your opinion, lets see how the 7 years pan out, so far it's O'Brian 1 and Grundy nil, and we don't even know how the 2 draft picks pan out
Why is O'Brien winning a B&F on the worst team in the comp a win for him, when he's played worse than Grundy this year? The only thing O'Brien does better than Grundy is intercept mark

That's your opinion, lets see how the 7 years pan out, so far it's O'Brian 1 and Grundy nil, and we don't even know how the 2 draft picks pan out

and You do the same too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is O'Brien winning a B&F on the worst team in the comp a win for him, when he's played worse than Grundy this year? The only thing O'Brien does better than Grundy is intercept mark
Yeah, nah, being in the worst team has no bearing what so ever on his ability, watch his tap work and you might change your mind, I just don't value Ruckman enough to give one a 7 year deal, especially when they are about to turn 27

Yeah, nah, being in the worst team has no bearing what so ever on his ability, watch his tap work and you might change your mind, I just don't value Ruckman enough to give one a 7 year deal, especially when they are about to turn 27
His tapwork that leads to less hitouts, less hitouts to advantage, less hitout win % and less clearances, both individually and as a team? Must be some weird arbitrary definition of good tapwork that you've invented then

His tapwork that leads to less hitouts, less hitouts to advantage, less hitout win % and less clearances, both individually and as a team? Must be some weird arbitrary definition of good tapwork that you've invented then
Yet he won the B&F go figure

I don't bag anyone, I just don't rate ruckman, I have players who I don't think are up to it and I Express my frustration. Where is it that I have bagged Grundy, I just don't agree with the 7 year deal, relax.

I been Supporting Grundy even with lot of Fans Shitting on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back