ant22

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2005
gisborne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
stats are misleading. he is better than 2020 but a fair way off 2018 or 2019.

I honestly believe the big difference is the midfield is letting him down. Time and time again our mids fumble and it is intercepted by the opposition mids. We have a slow ageing midfield that does not hit the ball at pace or handle it cleanly. Look at the weekend. 16 HO's to advantage which is massive but we kept coughing it up. He also lead contested positions, his repeat efforts where excellent and he kicked a goal.

People are judging him because they are p!ssed off that he is on good coin on 7 years. He cops more heat than DeGoey FFS who somehow is on 750k(reported) despite finishing outside the top 10 in the copeland every single year bar 1! And that contract was signed at the end of last year at the same time we moved out 3 senior players due to Cap space. What the hell is going on down their!!

Scritchyscroony

Where'd me kids go?
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Copeland is based on consistency and durability. He's certainly been our most consistent player YTD and he's shown he's durable. Pendles is the only other guy who'd be close at the moment and a few other blokes will need to lift if they're going to challenge him.
Crisp and Pendles would be ahead of him. But you're right.. he's in the running and having a decent season

Leviathan Pie

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How does that stat reflect more on the ruck work than the coaching or the midfield in general?
Considering the ruckman, positionally, is tasked with giving their midfielders first use - it's a solid reflection on the individual.

Nevertheless, you raise a valid point around structure & coaching - which also have been diabolical.

jackcass

Premium Gold
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Crisp and Pendles would be ahead of him. But you're right.. he's in the running and having a decent season
I don't think either Crisp or Pendles have been as consistent as Grundy YTD. I'd have him as in the votes every game thus far. His quietest game was against the Weagles and he was still among our best. At 1/4 time he was streeting everyone else.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think either Crisp or Pendles have been as consistent as Grundy YTD. I'd have him as in the votes every game thus far. His quietest game was against the Weagles and he was still among our best. At 1/4 time he was streeting everyone else.
That was his best game IMO. 20 touches and 2 goals while taking marks and laying tackles and went at decent efficiency. Huge game.

Sea fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
BTW there is no excuse for blokes like Maynard, Moore, and Jordy who are mid career to suddenly go backwards at a rate of knots. They said on Classified that Moore played his worst game on against the Suns since 2017 so his form has fallen right off a cliff. He will be droppable soon. Has AA gone to his head? As for Maynard, it is just baffling how far he is below his best. Jordy has had injuries so fair enough.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
BTW there is no excuse for blokes like Maynard, Moore, and Jordy who are mid career to suddenly go backwards at a rate of knots. They said on Classified that Moore played his worst game on against the Suns since 2017 so his form has fallen right off a cliff. He will be droppable soon. Has AA gone to his head? As for Maynard, it is just baffling how far he is below his best. Jordy has had injuries so fair enough.
DeGoey… that court case must be doing his head in I suspect…. Moore I can understand because he’s been chucked into the worlds most chaotic forward line and is being asked to be its saviour… but Maynard is the head scratcher… has something gone amiss in his personal life lately ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sea fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
DeGoey… that court case must be doing his head in I suspect…. Moore I can understand because he’s been chucked into the worlds most chaotic forward line and is being asked to be its saviour… but Maynard is the head scratcher… has something gone amiss in his personal life lately ?
Far as I can see Maynard is still with his lady friend.

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Here’s a hot tip for you Brodie if you sign the mega deal you get everything that comes with it. The good. The bad. And the ugly. Players are entitled to chase the coin, but don’t bite the hand that feeds you when the criticism rightly comes.

jmac70

Premium Platinum
Apr 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dan Andrews
Here’s a hot tip for you Brodie if you sign the mega deal you get everything that comes with it. The good. The bad. And the ugly. Players are entitled to chase the coin, but don’t bite the hand that feeds you when the criticism rightly comes.
Thing is, he seems to be only copping the ugly. Most of it coming from social media.

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Thing is, he seems to be only copping the ugly. Most of it coming from social media.
Because he chased the money. Its a pretty valuable lesson in what it must have been like to be Scrooge McDuck. His selfishness also has far reaching consequences firstly it contributed to the loss of Treloar and secondly may result in getting traded himself (if anyone can touch his ridiculous contract). I would also say that he’s copping nothing compared to JDG!

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Because he chased the money. Its a pretty valuable lesson in what it must have been like to be Scrooge McDuck. His selfishness also has far reaching consequences firstly it contributed to the loss of Treloar and secondly may result in getting traded himself (if anyone can touch his ridiculous contract). I would also say that he’s copping nothing compared to JDG!
Grundy has been our best player, De Goey is closer to our worst this season

jackcass

Premium Gold
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's been our best player this year so the criticism being leveled at him is hardly justified.

Remove this Banner Ad