BT loses any skerrick of credential

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfft 60k is fine. Go to 80k and it’s half full most weeks.

Cram it full with 50k+ most weeks and the place is rocking.

Anyone who REALLY wants tickets can get tickets to any game they want. It’s not a walk up start like the MCG but it helps to build a bit of club loyalty if people have to buy memberships/prebook their tickets to go.

Oh and it’s a ******* great stadium. Legit proud of it - world class.

How do you know it's world class?
Maybe it seems a bit better than it is because of comparisons to subiaco and WACA, which were both decades out of date.

Did you go t the recent FIFA WC?

Olympics?

NFL?

The stadium is Perth class.

How do you know it's world class?
Maybe it seems a bit better than it is because of comparisons to subiaco and WACA, which were both decades out of date.

Did you go t the recent FIFA WC?

Olympics?

NFL?

The stadium is Perth class.

Well...I’ve been to a number of great stadiums all over the world...and the one in Perth is right up there...so that’s how I know.

Isn't the stadium designed so in a few years they can increase capacity (to 70 or 80K) reasonably easily if necessary?
Thought I remember hearing or reading that.

Fair dinkum can't stand the campaigner. I just think he's so unprofessional and also despise his name calling of some players. I think commentators really should stick to surnames rather then first names or nicknames. Just my opinion.

Incredible looking stadium. Am curious to know if perth locals think it shouldve had an 80 cap? Personally wouldve liked to have seen an 80 cap minimum. Surely the derbies would fill it as well as any finals games. Im tipping your west coast v essendon/richmond/collingwood/carlton (when there up and about)/ even a rivalry period similar to WC v sydney would get over 60. As perths population increases surely the locals will curse the planners when they cant get tickets in 10 or 20 years down the line.
I think it should have been 70k - the eagles still have a waitlist for members.

It can easily be expanded to 70k (apparently), and not-so-easily expanded to 80k. There's a couple of section on the north side where you wonder why they didn't extend the stands.

There are standing room sections around the ground that could be sold as 'standing room tickets' similar to the MCG. Currently they are available to anyone with a seat to use. Would be ideal to sell them for things like a Prelim :p

Isn't the stadium designed so in a few years they can increase capacity (to 70 or 80K) reasonably easily if necessary?
Thought I remember hearing or reading that.

That’s right. It’s designed to expand to 85k I think it was. Pretty sure they can increase by 10k just changing to normal sized seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good are the snowflakes (is that bullying?) complaining about the booing. Every teams supporters boo.

Grow a set for gods sake.

West Coast fans are by far the worst tho. Also when it effects the umpires then its effecting the game, so not something you can just ignore.

Bullshit. At what point is it too much?

And don’t come at the crap about WC fans are now the only ones to try and coerce umpires into making a decision that helps their team.

Kinda is. Its not even close to 100k, so its not large. And its defs not small.
The median stadium size in Australia would be around 20,000. Perth Stadium is the 3rd largest.

The fact that the MCG is abnormally large, doesn't mean others aren't also large. It's like saying someone isnt obese when they are 130kgs because there's someone who is 170kgs.

This does seem a bit weird to get upset about though

This is my "Caro's arrow" (not that she holds much cred herself)

On Talking footy just now BT labelled Perth Stadium " a good mid sized stadium"

WTF BT, it is the 3 rd largest in the whole country and a magnificent one at that.

Fair dinkum you need to pull your head in sometimes.

You are now bereft of any credential.

And right now having a go at Bucks for his choice of luggage. FMD!

Ch 7 you need to look at your selection panel for next week.
don't think BT ever has high credibility, but I kind of get his point.
If less than 45k is small, 45-65k is mid sized and 65k+ is large, not the worst ratings to use.

From all reports its a magnificent stadium regardless.

Just a reminder, my whole point of this thread is the unnecessary dig from BT at the new stadium and what looks like taking a pot shot at the two WA teams. Which in my view makes him look stupid anyway.

Not so much a discussion about the stadium size.

The median stadium size in Australia would be around 20,000. Perth Stadium is the 3rd largest.

The fact that the MCG is abnormally large, doesn't mean others aren't also large. It's like saying someone isnt obese when they are 130kgs because there's someone who is 170kgs.

This does seem a bit weird to get upset about though
Doesnt matter where its ranked in size. It is mid sized just like AO and Ethihad.

Bullshit. At what point is it too much?

And don’t come at the crap about WC fans are now the only ones to try and coerce umpires into making a decision that helps their team.
When you boo every single thing that happens.

Never said you were the only ones, just that your crowd is the worst offender by far.

I could be reading Goethe or Joyce and yet here I am reading this thread.

Please take me now Mephistopheles... riverrun, past Eve and Adam’s, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by commodious vicus of recirculation back to Auerbach’s Cellar...

Who is your favourite genuis, James Hird or James Joyce?

Also I think it's spelt Goetye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back