NFL BullyGate: Personal Abuse at the Dolphins

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the do gooders will change their minds now that Martin has been shown to have actively participated in demeaning and damaging conversation albeit in the form or a meme given his lawyer's admission on Twitter? Naturally, it's not the same because it's a meme and not text or voicemail right?

You mean the interview with Glazer who trains Incognito in the offseason for MMA?

No. This meme David Cornwall released as part of the back and forth between Martin and Incognito. Cornwall isn't applying context to Incognito despite asking for context to be applied to Martin. It's hypocrisy at its finest.

We all know Incognito is a knob on the field and it's not surprising to hear he's a knob off the field but this trial by media stuff really needs to stop. Once we've got a better picture of context and the facts, we'll all be better placed to assess the situation.

What the ****? Is Cornwall an idiot? Why would a lawyer do that to his own client?

In my line of work, I've worked with US lawyers. They are a different breed to Australian lawyers, let me tell you.

Having a very decent time on the sidelines at Stanford. Certainly looks like a guy in distress

The NFL won't cover this up.

They'll treat it like the bountry case (with less people involved). I haven't read the report but I've heard enough on the allegation to believe the NFL will go "whack".

Richie will get suspended - I reckon for 12 months.

Dolphins and some personnel to get fined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those too lazy to click the link:
“The Report concludes that three starters on the Dolphins offensive line, Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, engaged in a pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but also another young Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. The Report finds that the assistant trainer
repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments.
—corroborate his account that the persistent harassment by his teammates caused him significant emotional distress. The Report concludes that the harassment by Martin’s teammates was a contributing factor in his decision to leave the team, but also finds that Martin’s teammates did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury

They deserve their whack as well. Tedy Bruschi explained it well, he said when your most seasoned player is a character like Incognito and there aren't enough other veterans around, other guys fall in line with Incognito. Report also says they abused another player and a japanese trainer.

putting gate at end of controversy = Lazy people.
Well if you think about it, this is going to be compared to SpyGate and BountyGate on what penalties the Dolphins should receive. Both of these Goddell was judge, jury and executioner.

For Spygate Belichick was find $500,000.00 Patriots was fined $250,000.00 and the Patriots lost their first round pick (2nd and 3rd if they didn't make the playoffs). I am sure Kraft would of copped the penalty and paid Belichick extra in the next contract renegotiation. The lost of a 1st rounder was however severe.

For Bountygate Williams was suspended indefinitely, Payton for the whole season, Loomis for 8 games, Vitt for 6 games. Four players on the Saints has suspensions from a year to 3 games however they appealed and were able to play with a lot of distractions. The Saints were fined $500,000.00 and lost two second round picks (couldn't lose their first as it was already traded away).

The NFL will go hard on the Dolphins to show the other teams this isn't acceptable and to make parents want their kids to play football (who wants to send their kid to get bullied). Incognito will never play again with an indefinite suspension, Pouncey and Jerry most likely suspended for the season (Pouncey also infamously had the Free Hernandez cap on at the start of the season and didn't apologize for it) with long bans expected for some of the Dolphin coaching staff. Expect the Dolphins to be fined and lose a draft pick or two. Would expect a few suspensions to other players on the Dolphins, could see Jake Long getting a small suspension even if he is on the Rams. No point with suspending Jeff Ireland though.

There's a conspiracy to this story. Martin's parents are labor law lawyers, that also specialize in juvenile bullying.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...-didn-t-tell-Dolphins-how-did-this-story-leak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Augustus_Martin

Why are the media ignoring the fact that Martin's parents lawyers that specialize in labor law?
-------------
If he was trying to sue, he totally f'd himself speaking to this investigator and releasing all his text messages. If he were really interested in suing, he would have done none of that. He didn't have to release his friendly texts that he had with Incognito. I don't think he will even take a suit to court. He just wants to play football, in a normal locker room, like the one he had with Luck, Sherman and Harbaugh at Stanford.
-------------
How'd you find out? Do your own in depth investigating? I've paid very little attention to the latest flurry or the original story and I found that out very early on.
-------------
They brought it up on the Game in the very beginning. They spoke of the conspicuous nature in which Martin has handled everything. Its textbook. So this angle has sorta stuck with me. I think it's too big to ignore or dismiss. Yet when brought up to major media members, its news to them. I think everyone has jumped to conclusions way too fast before looking at al the facts.
-------------
This is nothing but agenda and lawyers getting paid.
-------------
And a young man who was subjected to constant verbal abuse in his workplace.
-------------
You didn't answer the question, there's no way they get paid if Richie proves his innocence, the agenda has to win so they can get paid.
-------------
So you knew as well. If most everybody knows I guess the media isn't sitting on it or ignoring it.
-------------
The media is the yapping dogs for the lawyers, the defense and the prosecution get paid no matter the verdict, come on man, you know this.
-------------

Conspiracy.....hmmm. Sue the NFL and get paid big and not have to play football anymore. Get back at your enemy at the same time. Martin’s parents are lawyers. They wrote a book on bullying odd enough. Maybe the Martin family made a deal with ESPN – together they can make $$$. Now I can reference this email in the future. I knew it this whole story seemed strange!
------------
Agreed. It's a cash grab. As the great Eric Bischof once said, "Controversy creates cash."

NFL Execs, Ex-Players Confident Richie Incognito Will Play Again, But Not So Much for Jonathan Martin

February 7, 2014 By Lorenzo Tanos

As a veteran offensive lineman who has been in the NFL since 2005, Richie Incognito has played for three teams in nine seasons, and has developed a reputation as one of the roughest linemen in the league. And this reputation as a rough and tough customer dates back to college, as a member of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. He is also in the center of the ongoing Miami Dolphins bullying controversy, one which resulted in fellow offensive lineman Jonathan Martin quitting the team in midseason. But despite his being arguably the most controversial player in pro football right now and one with a long track record of unsavory behavior, most NFL general managers and team executives believe Incognito will find another home in the NFL, even if few are willing to take their chances on him.

“He’s not a good guy,” said an NFL GM who declined to be identified in an interview with Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman, “but we’re not a league of good guys. There are some bad guys in football, but it’s football, not the Salvation Army. He can play, if the commissioner allows it, he’ll get another job.” Freeman also spoke with ex-NFL player Scott Fujita, who believes Incognito will “definitely get signed”, even by teams that value “high-character” players.

As far as Martin is concerned, the opposite appears to be the case, as Fujita believes the former Stanford standout might have a hard time getting signed in the 2014 season. “The way I see it, Martin’s situation is much more complicated,” Fujita added. “I don’t see locker room trust being his biggest obstacle to getting signed. A team would rather have a bully than a head case, even if those are just perceptions. Even with all the talk everyone gives to being ‘against bullying’ or ‘sympathetic to mental illness,’ I’m just giving you the reality.”

Short version of the report - Martin is a nice guy and Incognito is an a--ehole.

Most interesting thing about it is the reference to Michael Sam in the report.

This report was written as much for Sam as for MArtin.

I suggest everybody read the report in its entirety. It appears to be confronting but is not.

But I don't want to prejudice anyone's thoughts so I won't say anything further except to recommend reading the report.

Just remember when reading the report that the writer of the report apparently never played football.

I suggest everybody read the report in its entirety. It appears to be confronting but is not.

But I don't want to prejudice anyone's thoughts so I won't say anything further except to recommend reading the report.

Just remember when reading the report that the writer of the report apparently never played football.

I read most of the report.

Not impressed. Not exactly an impartial "report" if you ask me. It reads like Martin's lawyer wrote it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back