Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aish and Broomhead worth a Marley Williams-esque pick 105 deal. Thomas a mid to late 2nd rounder I'd say... but I'd much rather keep him than sell for that price.
Maybe. Broomhead wold be worth much more than steakknives right now but perhaps with some opportunities this year he could be worth a bit. Ity won;t be ewasy for him to get a game though. Aish was a GF player and got games in a bett3er side than Adelaide last year so he's worth something and I was contemplating trading him with our second round pick for an early second rounder or perhaps late first rounder. A pick in that range with Thomas might get a decent price from a Qld club desperate for locals.

As I said, these are just examples. The poimnt is I'd love us to get into the top 10 of the draft, which won't be easy and we have mids to trade. That's what good clubs do with excess stock, particularly when they believe they are in premiership contention. In our case I hope we don;t earn a top 10 pick for 5 years at least and we've traded out a few first round picks over the last 5 years or so.

Possibly. He isn't being traded now though. Adelaide is one club that might have some interest if he plays some decent footy. Broomhead isn't any more than an example drawn from pool of players. Swap the name if it matters. If he gets delisted at the end of the year, which is possible, I gurantee you he will get picked up.

Possibly. He isn't being traded now though. Adelaide is one club that might have some interest if he plays some decent footy. Broomhead isn't any more than an example drawn from pool of players. Swap the name if it matters. If he gets delisted at the end of the year, which is possible, I gurantee you he will get picked up.
Outside mid. 7th season. 36 games. Only 7 games with over 20 disposals. not strong defensively.

Coming off a similar injury to one that prematurely ended the career of someone as brilliant as Nathan Brown.
He's been unlucky with injury, but I'll be shocked if he's on an AFL list next year.

Perhaps too early right now. Don't be under any illusion that all trade deals are done in trade week though.

Just as it’s too early to call for players heads and to overrate their trade value, it’s also too early to assume brown (the thread topic) and daicos are keepers just because of their surnames.

We had Charlie H. Pannam whose sons Charlie E. & Alby C. Pannam, and grandsons Lou and Ron
A. Richards played for us.

While you're at it, what would you trade to get Kelly, Weideman and Ed Richards?

While you're at it, what would you trade to get Kelly, Weideman and Ed Richards?
I'm really not too fussed about Kelly, but the other two I'd certainly like. It does seem a pity that grandsons of Murray Weideman and Ron Richards aren't playing for Collingwood, but there are people out there who don't even approve of the father-son rule, so we just have to live with the fact they're playing elsewhere!

Kelly pass.
Weideman amd Richards you’d entertain, have to be good for all parties.

Kelly: wouldn’t trade for him.
Weed: mid-late 1st
Richards. Mid 1st.

Wouldn’t trade players unless they actually wanted out. Weideman is probably the only genuine list needof the 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside mid. 7th season. 36 games. Only 7 games with over 20 disposals. not strong defensively.

Coming off a similar injury to one that prematurely ended the career of someone as brilliant as Nathan Brown.
He's been unlucky with injury, but I'll be shocked if he's on an AFL list next year.

I hope Broomy gets a decent crack at it this year and if he does I think he will be on a list in 2020. Whether that will be at the Pies will be determined in the fullness of time. That aside, I've always thought Broomy actually does his best work when running through the midfield and his role mixes both inside and outside. Sadly, similarly to Aish, his body doesn't appear made for that role at senior level and he's a fair way down the pecking order for the midfield.

Love the way this kid plays, absolute junk yard dog stuff the way he plays.
Problem is find a position for him that isnt loaded with classier players.
I'd say he may be fighting for Aish's spot.

Love the way this kid plays, absolute junk yard dog stuff the way he plays.
Problem is find a position for him that isnt loaded with classier players.
I'd say he may be fighting for Aish's spot.

Aish is a certainty for round one in the defensive half, even on the wing he will be the defensive winger dropping back when played there. Cal will be filling Adams role through the mid and half forward in Adams absence, it's up to him to lose the spot from there. Hopefully he can take his chances and even hold his spot off the bench/hf with Adams return to the 22.

Just as it’s too early to call for players heads and to overrate their trade value, it’s also too early to assume brown (the thread topic) and daicos are keepers just because of their surnames.
100% agree but there is only 1 way to find out if they have the capacity to play at the highest level. It'going to hard to give them opportunities with a stacked midfield. I think we have got to the point that we can treade out good but not first choice mids because we have a good number of very good mids adn a couple that have some skills that could see them develop at least to the level of players that we would trade out. It's always a gamble though.

I'm really not too fussed about Kelly, but the other two I'd certainly like. It does seem a pity that grandsons of Murray Weideman and Ron Richards aren't playing for Collingwood, but there are people out there who don't even approve of the father-son rule, so we just have to live with the fact they're playing elsewhere!
Agree. Not fussed with Kelly but the other look promnising. Then again I thought Mark Wiedeman was promsing at one stage. Richards in particular looks like being a very good player. I hope we are in his and his managers ear.

We just didn't see enough of that zip and vision in traffic last night which was there in the JLT. I am one who believes we should persist with young players, I would rather move on an older fringe player and give Calum belief and opportunity at AFL level. He's to good a player for VFL now!

We just didn't see enough of that zip and vision in traffic last night which was there in the JLT. I am one who believes we should persist with young players, I would rather move on an older fringe player and give Calum belief and opportunity at AFL level. He's to good a player for VFL now!
Really depends who is not playing if Callum is in.

Sier, Greenwood for me are both far superior to what we’ve seen thus far from Callum.

Whilst different he reminds me of Paul Tuddenham. Looks fine in lesser grade but in seniors seems a peg or two below the grade to be a permanent fixture in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back