Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

He may do better if he was away from the club, although I doubt that he will be given an opportunity. I thought he was excellent in the VFL and would love to see him captain there.

Will be a gun state league player for the next 10g years no doubt about it.

Just not cut out for AFL footy given his inability to reliably kick the ball more than 35m.

If you could somehow mould Callum's intensity and general effort levels together with Tyler's physical stature and elusiveness then we might have had another real player in our hands as a FS, but alas it wasn't to be this time around.

He may do better if he was away from the club, although I doubt that he will be given an opportunity. I thought he was excellent in the VFL and would love to see him captain there.
He should get a game elsewhere. I think the shadow of his father weighed heavily…you could just see it in his panic with ball in hand.

He should get a game elsewhere. I think the shadow of his father weighed heavily…you could just see it in his panic with ball in hand.

I think that argument loses weight after a few years. I think josh daicos shows that. It probably would be a breath of fresh air to get away from the backslappers and the "not as good as your father" types, but that wont help how far he kicks or his decision making...He and his brother were given a good go this year....several times...I'm not sure other clubs will see it's worth another try.

I think that argument loses weight after a few years. I think josh daicos shows that. It probably would be a breath of fresh air to get away from the backslappers and the "not as good as your father" types, but that wont help how far he kicks or his decision making...He and his brother were given a good go this year....several times...I'm not sure other clubs will see it's worth another try.

They have under Buckley too, the fact is without that son of tag both would of been delisted years ago.

Well done to him on what he's achieved but he is a great VFL player and that is his level. No shame in it.

They have under Buckley too, the fact is without that son of tag both would of been delisted years ago.

Well done to him on what he's achieved but he is a great VFL player and that is his level. No shame in it.

I still wonder about that ridiculous comparison made between tyler and fyfe..... i'd like to ask buckley what was he thinking he was doing at the time...

Potentially. I’m not saying he’ll flourish into a Perfect player. He’ll always have flaws. I reckon playing with greater mental freedom is a good thing. Just look at Rhys Shaw.

Potentially. I’m not saying he’ll flourish into a Perfect player. He’ll always have flaws. I reckon playing with greater mental freedom is a good thing. Just look at Rhys Shaw.

its a good comparison and rhys used to still make mistakes....he just wasn't strung up every time he did it by swans fans

I still wonder about that ridiculous comparison made between tyler and fyfe..... i'd like to ask buckley what was he thinking he was doing at the time...

It's sad to read knowing how it panned out. I confess I had high hopes for Tyler.

It's sad to read knowing how it panned out. I confess I had high hopes for Tyler.

not that i'm having a go at you domie, but there has been too many high hopes for father sons at the pies. I'm amazed how the daicos boys have got through it in such a balanced way. It always looked to me that tyler lacked confidence, whether it was self confidence or whether it was because people told him that he was the shadow of his old man...... if the club did the nat fyfe thing to pump him up....well that was a boom or bust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back